ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps Preseason 1a rankings

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Only a preseason and doesn't mean a lot yet !

Reactions: mhhs94
Of course these early polls are interesting to see and talk about but "we" really do not know how the issuer arrived at the ranking.
To me, I also am surprised at Starmount being so low. Not sure about Eastern Randolph being rated higher than Tarboro but if I were both the Mt Airy and Tarboro coaching staffs I would allocate some real time to scouting around the Asheboro area.

A little surprised at Bishop McGuinness be ranked at all, but maybe that would imply that some actual research went into the rankings.

• Wow
Reactions: thekidd12
Of course these early polls are interesting to see and talk about but "we" really do not know how the issuer arrived at the ranking.
To me, I also am surprised at Starmount being so low. Not sure about Eastern Randolph being rated higher than Tarboro but if I were both the Mt Airy and Tarboro coaching staffs I would allocate some real time to scouting around the Asheboro area.

A little surprised at Bishop McGuinness be ranked at all, but maybe that would imply that some actual research went into the rankings.
Asheboro???
Cmon man…😂😂😂

Wasn't it close to Ramseur or Siler City? My work in sales & management used to take me in that area before and after the newspaper.
Ramseur TD. Eight miles to Siler on East 64. About same to Asheboro on West 64.

Think some of my fellow posters, ok just @REWhitley, just trying to yank my chain a little…
Asheboro area???
😂

EA Sports doesn't have Ramseur listed.....
Don’t know…
Never played a video game. Daddy said if he ever saw one of us putting a quarter in one of those machines he would tear us up…
Then told us he would buy a Pac-Man machine and keep the quarters…
We did play Pong for a few hours every time Momma went to Belk’s in Greensboro though 😂😂😂

Don’t know…
Never played a video game. Daddy said if he ever saw one of us putting a quarter in one of those machines he would tear us up…
Then told us he would buy a Pac-Man machine and keep the quarters…
We did play Pong for a few hours every time Momma went to Belk’s in Greensboro though 😂😂😂
I am with you Kidd. Never owned a video game in my 60 years. I have played them at the arcade and on tv’s at various department stores. My girlfriend, now wife’s family had an Atari set up in the late 70’s early 80s. Played duck hunter a few times. Ducks were made out of colored blocks. Always preferred the actual over the video.

Long story!
There's a whole lot of speculation out there. And I'm sure that some of the people namely the three that have been getting called out will have something to say about it none of it's a fact. The fact is he wanted to go back to where he was from. And he wanted to coach and be near his kid. And you know what they'll be good. Because they got athletes everywhere. There were another one of these schools that thinks they're a basketball school. Kind of like North Surry You might be good in two way but you really ain't shit in basketball. Thinking you're a basketball school. Anyway there's rumors about him doing this and doing that. None of them have been proven true. So before the mafia gets out there and roast him. All you need to know is he is a hard SOB. None of these guys that say anything would say anything to his face. In fact One of them got knocked the hell out by his dad I believe or almost at the state championship game. Anyway he's one of the few coaches left in this state that disciplines kids. Changes their schedules so that they have to lift weights. Makes it all about the most important sport in the school. It's the one that finances everything else. Makes me sick to hear people say all that. And frankly who cares he didn't do anything wrong with education. He didn't mess with a student. In fact guess what he did at one time he adopted a whole family of African American children whose parents were pieces of crap. Not just took them into live with him adopted them. So for buzz to go on here and put long story. Before it's all coming down you just need to know the real story. And believe me I was critical of him myself. Till I found out what really happened.

I just find it hard to believe that you just leave a school that's pretty much been dominating year after year.
Man I think he's done that twice. I ain't saying some of this scandal stuff ain't true. But it wasn't education related and it wasn't football related. As the world turns up here they like to make it a big deal. Like we say some of the best dudes at coaching football and playing football ain't always cream of the crop in certain parts of their lives. It takes a crazy son of a bitch to be good at that sport. Most of them dudes don't have it.

For instance he's not like our guy. Well actually he kind of is. I've been pretty critical of LoJack. But he's a little bit more of a non substance guy. He's done some really good stuff man but I get in trouble for talking about it so I'm not going to. But he was a good football coach anyone. He got close to crossing the line on a few things though that could have affected students and his team. But really he just lucked out and somehow when Jay motorboat ass decided he wanted his boy to play quarterback and not tight in even though that's probably way to end up playing eventually if he makes it. Ran him out of town and hired LoJack. Love Jack did a hell of a job and he might have done better then Dave could have done. But I don't think anybody could have screwed that team up. I hope he fails miserably at West Stokes. I'm also glad only one of our kids went with him. And he wasn't one of the top five best kids on the team.

There's a whole lot of speculation out there. And I'm sure that some of the people namely the three that have been getting called out will have something to say about it none of it's a fact. The fact is he wanted to go back to where he was from. And he wanted to coach and be near his kid. And you know what they'll be good. Because they got athletes everywhere. There were another one of these schools that thinks they're a basketball school. Kind of like North Surry You might be good in two way but you really ain't shit in basketball. Thinking you're a basketball school. Anyway there's rumors about him doing this and doing that. None of them have been proven true. So before the mafia gets out there and roast him. All you need to know is he is a hard SOB. None of these guys that say anything would say anything to his face. In fact One of them got knocked the hell out by his dad I believe or almost at the state championship game. Anyway he's one of the few coaches left in this state that disciplines kids. Changes their schedules so that they have to lift weights. Makes it all about the most important sport in the school. It's the one that finances everything else. Makes me sick to hear people say all that. And frankly who cares he didn't do anything wrong with education. He didn't mess with a student. In fact guess what he did at one time he adopted a whole family of African American children whose parents were pieces of crap. Not just took them into live with him adopted them. So for buzz to go on here and put long story. Before it's all coming down you just need to know the real story. And believe me I was critical of him myself. Till I found out what really happened.
Long story is best answer! At this point doesn't matter what happened. I talked to Adkins face to face and apologized for any thing said negative toward him and he excepted it. Every one makes mistakes in life IK I have. Hope he does good at his alma mater! Roughtrader you can keep on being the way you are toward me if it makes you feel better! Have always offered to have a conversation with you face to face.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Like that legion players paw? You in my opinion are a ridiculous version of a Mount airy fan. Glad I won't have to hear your mouth in the stands anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Like that legion players paw? You in my opinion are a ridiculous version of a Mount airy fan. Glad I won't have to hear your mouth in the stands anymore.
I guess if you say that about one of us, you are talking to all of us as we are BEAR fans ! !
All he said was a long story and I did not hear anything other than he was going to be with his family but I do not get to the games like Buzz and the rest and they hear more about what goes on. I do have a contact that I will ask next time I see him but it will go in one ear and out the other. I have seen no Mount Airy fan say anything other than Adkins wanted to be with his family ! No BEAR fan has said anything else but that.

Last edited:
Reactions: buzzcoach
WOW, it is almost here ! ! ! The countdown is down to 2 more Fridays in 2 days and only 14 days this Friday until the August 23rd football season starts. I am so ready and my beats are everyone on here is also prepared for it to start.
🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 Football is already in the air, I can almost smell it !
I hope this is the last tropical storm coming through North Carolina this year on Thursday through Monday !

Last edited:
No reason for this.
The reason for what, there are a lot of messages above, was it my last message ? I have posted the below countdown for about 2 months now on several threads.
WOW, it is almost here ! ! ! The countdown is down to 2 more Fridays in 2 days and only 14 days this Friday until the August 23rd football season starts. I am so ready and my beats are everyone on here is also prepared for it to start.
🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 Football is already in the air, I can almost smell it !
I hope this is the last tropical storm coming through North Carolina this year on Thursday through Monday !

The post below yours was deleted and a mod said no reason for this

Great News, I just noticed MaYbErRy ReCrUiTiNg PoRtAl got locked Tuesday by Deana. As in past years saying someone got recruited or transferred without real proof should not be allowed. Thank you Deana for putting a stop to all that BS that got us all wrapped up in and started last May 19th. Sorry for my part in it but sometimes enough BS is enough ! !

Reactions: sbbbfan
Great News, I just noticed MaYbErRy ReCrUiTiNg PoRtAl got locked Tuesday by Deana. As in past years saying someone got recruited or transferred without real proof should not be allowed. Thank you Deana for putting a stop to all that BS that got us all wrapped up in and started last May 19th. Sorry for my part in it but sometimes enough BS is enough ! !
Was too late!

Reactions: sbbbfan
Hmmmmm , Ummmmmm , hold up , back up, MRMAN is stepping up. The Mayberry recruiting portal was proven to be true . The reason the post was shut down was due to Shelby fans CLOWNING MA fans over the classless comments to a lady who has been selfless with the amount of work that she has put in year after year for ALL of high school football. Im feeling BUENO , Just got done Mansercising at the civic center, you should come join buzzboy , you tdo td you both could use it. Always busy mansercising them jaws. Expert level there. Buzz boy and TD past night im ready to see you men a friday night in the near future. Mayberry billy bob , and my self will be tailgating right beside you. Going to invite the real football guru Rough to join us. MRMAN has only stated the facts on here , he hasnt posted memes of bears shooting Birds, He hasnt said any cuss words , and he hasnt made racist comments like td last night. Lets not get this started again cause i know you dont want this SMOKE. The reason you dont want this smoke is because the TRUTH HURTS. Lets talk football

SHELBY 1 - MA 0 - If it was a football game it would be a blow out
MRMAN 1 - MA 0 - Winner winner CHICKEN DINNER

Tarboro playing for second place this year - Surry County all stars will 3 peat

Let’s get back on topic!

I’m wondering how they generate a formula for these rankings.

Yes Mamm, Moving forward i will defer these conversations with these gentleman at their tailgate party. I apologize but a response was warranted. i hope you and the Rams have a Special year. Especially the week the portal party comes to Booneville. This will be my last post this year. Thank you for all you do and Siniora

Still Feelin Bueno

There you go with that recruiting word again.
He needs some attention or a hug im not sure! Im so glad he was proven right about roster moves that we told him we knew nothing about. Heck he even knew about the Forbush kid before MA coaches its like he has a ball he looks in to see the future. Either was good for him his family must be so proud!

He needs some attention or a hug im not sure! Im so glad he was proven right about roster moves that we told him we knew nothing about. Heck he even knew about the Forbush kid before MA coaches its like he has a ball he looks in to see the future. Either was good for him his family must be so proud!
There you go again with that "someone needs a hug"......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT