ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs. Dillon

The "Great One" has read the comments for months now. You guys have piqued my interest in the Dillon/Mallard Creek season opening match up. After a midweek change of plans, I have decided to make the trek to Wildcat Country this coming Friday night to see what all the talk is about for myself. (No need to comment. I know what all the talk is about!)

MC by 14 over Dillon, it will be a tough defensive game I think. Truthfully I believe the line play of the Mavs especially the OL will prove to be a huge difference in this game. However, I do not expect a blowout

CatholicCougs14, r u going down to the Big Dillon SC.
I am not. College kid so budget is tight and I move to my apartment at 9am the next morning so a 3hr drive back would suck.
I'll be at Rock Hill Northwestern/Rock Hill South Pointe instead

What is the name of the off campus stadium where Dillon plays their home games?

great place for a game Larry its like a Legion stadium, high sets
of bleachers both sides, id figure what side I wanted to be on
and enter accordingly, side movement could be limited. I
attended Marlboro/Dillon the past 2 times there (Scots off week)
The atmosphere there surely worth the 40 minute drive. It will
be good especially if its a game which I expect it to be.
Not quite like what we saw in Cheraw several years ago but
a game between to dogon good teams with lots of skilled players with a standing room only crowd..Dillon no where near your typical looking 2a(now 3a school) athletes abound. Pretty sure you know all of this.ENJOY.
Ill catch them later, maybe our off week corolates again this year.

Get off interstate,go left towards town, turn right at the Zaxbys, go til you have to turn, take left,
ride a little ways then cars everywhere

Last edited:
I hate the rain that is forecasted for the game. Good luck to both teams. We have to be able to run the ball and chew up the clock. We need to force some turnovers too. It's going to be a great atmosphere. A big shout out for MC scheduling us. It's hard to find teams that want to place us. We actually wanted to play at their place but the MC coach wanted to play in Dillon because of the playoff atmosphere. He's a classy coach. Real nice to talk to. He will give credit where credit is due. Nothing but respect to the MC program. It's all good to talk smack and have some fun but we don't play the game. The kids do. It's a VERY big game Friday but both teams also have their eyes on another state championship!!! Praying for safe travels for everyone.

Mallard Creek should be very strong against the run this year with the defensive front 7 that they have. Teams that have had success against Mallard Creek passed the ball against them. Should be a great game in a big-time atmosphere.

Mallard Creek should be very strong against the run this year with the defensive front 7 that they have. Teams that have had success against Mallard Creek passed the ball against them. Should be a great game in a big-time atmosphere.

We shall see just how talented both squads are come tomorrow night. I'm taking the day off myself in anticipation for this game. Despite the weather not looking so great, it will at lease be a blessing to have cool breezes prior to the rain starting, and assisting in keeping the cramps down on both sides. I expect nothing short of one of the hardest hitting games of the year, that I'll see. Really wanting to see how out Nasty Cats stack up against one of the Nation's Top Tier Programs. Talk Time is just about over.....any final words before kickoff tomorrow night, you'd better get'em inn!!!! Real Talk though....Safe travels to everyone coming our way.

DILLON — When the Dillon Wildcats host the Mallard Creek Mavericks out of Charlotte at 7:30 Friday night, it will be the Morning News' game of the week.

A case could also be made that it's the game of the week for the entire Carolinas.

Mallard Creek has won the past three Class 4-2A state championships in North Carolina, while Dillon has won the past four Class 2A Division I state championships here in South Carolina.
It's the kind of season opener that can set the tone for the rest of the fall.

“A win would put us on the national map, for sure,” said Dillon coach Jackie Hayes, who has guided the Wildcats to six state titles overall.

The last time these teams met was in 2013 when Mallard Creek scored with 1:31 left on a Lawrence Pittman touchdown for a 27-21 victory.

Mallard Creek, also the top-ranked 4-2A team in North Carolina going into Friday, returns six starters on offense and defense. With more than 20 Division I prospects, it’s safe to say Mallard Creek is formidable with players like defensive tackle Grant Gibson (N.C. State commit), offensive tackle Eric Douglas (South Carolina commit) and running back/receiver Ryan Jones (North Carolina commit).

“We’re going to have our hands full,” Hayes said. “It’s the first game of the season and we play one of the top teams in the country in high school football. It’s a tremendous opportunity for us to get better." http://www.scnow.com/sports/article_2962b3c6-64df-11e6-827d-2b234325a7a3.html

I pray that the players from both teams have fun playing in such a electric atmosphere. I hope that ALL the fans enjoy this game and display wonderful sportsmanship no matter who wins and has a safe trip to and from the game. If you fans from Charlotte area take hwy 38 in and cross over I95 and go maybe 3-4 miles on the left is Shulers BBQ, you may have seen it on "The Profit" TV show. They have excellent southern food, don't skip the ribs or fried corn (my two favorite things).
Dillonation has lots of respect for Mallard Creek and would like to see this continue throughout the coming years. I believe it is a shot or two of motivation for both teams to start the season off like this. See you at the game.

Reactions: DILLON WIDCATMANDO

Its more like front 12 as they rotate a ton of big fresh bodies on that front 4 with very little drop off. There are kids with D1 commitments who aren't getting first string snaps on the Dline.

Since 2011 there hasn't been anyone who has beaten The Creek strictly running ball. Elijiah Hood, Bryce Love, Benny Lemay, Christian Beal, Elijah Devaux, Javon Leake.. All D1 recruits none of them beat them on the ground. You have to have a QB that is mobile and can extend plays to sustain offense against MC.

I pray that the players from both teams have fun playing in such a electric atmosphere. I hope that ALL the fans enjoy this game and display wonderful sportsmanship no matter who wins and has a safe trip to and from the game. If you fans from Charlotte area take hwy 38 in and cross over I95 and go maybe 3-4 miles on the left is Shulers BBQ, you may have seen it on "The Profit" TV show. They have excellent southern food, don't skip the ribs or fried corn (my two favorite things).
Dillonation has lots of respect for Mallard Creek and would like to see this continue throughout the coming years. I believe it is a shot or two of motivation for both teams to start the season off like this. See you at the game.

Its a great game in a great atmosphere. Looking forward to it.

http://www.hssr.com/SchoolPage.aspx?id=41 Good article

Looking forward to this rematch. Most of you already know how it feels behind the great white walls, home of the "NASTYCATS"
http://www.hssr.com/SchoolPage.aspx?id=41 Good article

Looking forward to this rematch. Most of you already know how it feels behind the great white walls, home of the "NASTYCATS"
will there be a video streaming of the game and also a radio-internet broadcast

This will be a very good game between two strong teams. But don't over hype it. It's still a season opening non-conference game. Unlike college, this game has no affect on any rankings. The only thing I see being affected, would be the Creek's fortunes in playoff seedings way down the line. They only have 10 games, so they can't drop a loss.

Big Boy Football.......big, strong young men on both sides. I like the Football Field in a Prison atmosphere. THE LONGEST YARD!!!! Which side does Burt Reynolds play on? Or for you younger folks......which side does Adam Sandler play on? :)

Reactions: DILLON WIDCATMANDO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT