ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs. Dillon

Dillon is nasty I was watching some film this morning with my jaw dropped. Those kids do not play like a 3A team, they rotate guys in on defense like some 4A schools do. They'd give a lot of teams in NC trouble, but why can't this game be at Mallard Creek so I can go watch it lol That 2.5hr drive is rough

Might have to change my plans and go see the mighty Dillon play the big boys. Looking forward to the realignment when some of Charlotte's finest come cross the lake. It will make for short trips on Friday night.

Dillon is a very good program and they will play anyone at their place. You win 4 titles in a row and you are at a level where it is just reload.

Some Creek fans will disagree but i believe that the 2013 Dillon team was the 2nd best team Mallard Creek has ever played behind the 2012 Butler team. Some of it has to do with playing there in that environment but from the moment they stepped on the field for warm ups you saw some crazy athletes and size. They were well coached. Had an excellent scheme and were not intimidated one bit.

I saw Hayes quoted in an article last week and its clear they are ready for a war.

I talked to a few of these Dillon players, and they are hyped. They worked all winter in the weight room and now on the field. What a lot of people don't know about Dillons Football program is they have a multi million dollar complex behind the high school just for football, and it gets well used. Many of you think that by Dillon graduating Avery McCall that we are weak in that area.... Wrong, we have a MONSTER ready to pick up from where we left off. You do not want to miss this one.

Last edited:
I talked to a few of these Dillon players, and they are hyped. They worked all winter in the weight room and now on the field. What a lot of people don't know about Dillons Football program is they have a multi million dollar complex behind the high school just for football, and it gets well used. Many of you think that by Dillon graduating Avery McCall that we are weak in that area.... Wrong, we have a MONSTER ready to pick up from where we left off. You do not want to miss this one.

Zareon Hayes 6'3" 235 lb is a stud that will play QB next year.. Played DE last year and also returned a few Kickoffs. He will be a rising Junior. He ran a lot of Wildcat out of the QB position last year when he played.
Seems to be a very good kid on and off the field. Here's a look at his highlights.

Nope! We don't know anything about him! ;)

Reactions: swett2victory
Dillon is nasty I was watching some film this morning with my jaw dropped. Those kids do not play like a 3A team, they rotate guys in on defense like some 4A schools do. They'd give a lot of teams in NC trouble, but why can't this game be at Mallard Creek so I can go watch it lol That 2.5hr drive is rough
Man you dont travel for good football.

Man you dont travel for good football.
That one's tricky for us because we can stay home and still see good football without the hassle. It might be up the street (and it might be a rival), but there's a top notch game going on somewhere in town just about guaranteed. I can see both sides of it. I grew up in a one high school county, and we did a lot of traveling around to watch our team play. Since moving here, there's not really much need to.

When it is all over and done with come Aug 1 how many kids will be on the MC roster that never played at their middle school?I recently read that a Ashbrook linebacker is now over there.

There is more than one middle school and who knows what happens between now and Aug 1st. The number of impact kids ( top 30 or so) that didn't play JV at MC would be 5 maybe 6. I would say the number of kids that have transferred out would be pretty close to that as well. One of which was a transfer inside of Meck County

Yes Lowery is enrolled at MC

There is more than one middle school. The number of impact kids ( top 30 or so) that didn't play JV at MC would be 5 maybe 6. I would say the number of kids that have transferred out would be pretty close to that as well. One of which was a transfer inside of Meck County

Those numbers are fairly typical in a larger urban area including Charlotte.

The "transfer" inside Meck County (one CMS to another CMS school) will sit out a year of sports as a true "transfer". If they are a change of legal residency he will be able to play immediately.

When it is all over and done with come Aug 1 how many kids will be on the MC roster that never played at their middle school?I recently read that a Ashbrook linebacker is now over there.

95% of the players @ MC have been at the schools since the 9th grade. There were over 20 kids that landed in the spring from in state and out of state just for football. I was advised that about 17 of them are not returning. Lot more kids leaving than coming.

95% of the players @ MC have been at the schools since the 9th grade. There were over 20 kids that landed in the spring from in state and out of state just for football. I was advised that about 17 of them are not returning. Lot more kids leaving than coming.
That is a lot to be leaving.Why for more playing time somewhere else?

That is a lot to be leaving.Why for more playing time somewhere else?

Nothing new! It has been going on for years. Parents enroll their kid during the spring workouts. They're at practice reading off the kids resume. On June 13 Monday. Ghost!

Yeah we have a few of your mallard creek "rejects" over here. That's no problem..they have the "screw mallard creek" chips on their shoulders..give them some helmets n pads and send them on the field lol

A lot of talented kids leave for other programs throughout Charlotte. I have never heard anyone use the term rejects? SMH!

No.10 national rank and 3 straight titles the term "rejected" shouldn't bother u maverick fanboys over there lol

No.10 national rank and 3 straight titles the term "rejected" shouldn't bother u maverick fanboys over there lol

Has nothing to do with Mallard Creek... Calling a kid a reject from any school is not cool.....
You having Dad included in your Avatar. You should know better.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigertown21
Well that's how it is now in football..whether it's NFL, ncaa, and now high school football...it's big money involved. With your program a national power and ours up and coming..there's big time recruits and big time programs looking for them. So to technically say rejected may seem harsh but if u move ur kid to a school district so they can get exposure n u find out they're jus gonna sit the bench...sounds like the term rejected to me. Sorry to hurt ur feelings tho

Reactions: bigdadd11103
You didnt hurt my feelings but you did make me laugh. Especially when you used the term up and coming. That's Hilarious!

Reactions: tigertown21
I know right..surprises me to say that too..we lost a lot and underachieved..but the talent they have coming back..and better leadership compared last year along with your rejected bunch coming here with a chip on their shoulder...it's hard not feeling confident for the kids

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Well that's how it is now in football..whether it's NFL, ncaa, and now high school football...it's big money involved. With your program a national power and ours up and coming..there's big time recruits and big time programs looking for them. So to technically say rejected may seem harsh but if u move ur kid to a school district so they can get exposure n u find out they're jus gonna sit the bench...sounds like the term rejected to me. Sorry to hurt ur feelings tho

Its a senior laden team ( maybe as many as 18 starters) and incredibly deep. Already 12 kids with D1 scholarship offers some of which will struggle to see playing time. There would be no shame in a kid leaving Mallard Creek to play ball elsewhere. This year more than any in the past I think you would need to be elite to even get on the field. Two kids received offers yesterday who have played almost no varsity ball after 3 years. Some of the kids who leave have the potential to be very good football players.

This would be a matchup I would like to see.... Athletes everywhere equals excitement....

Should be a good ern.... and congrats to the Creek on the national ranking ..Its good for NC football.....

I know right..surprises me to say that too..we lost a lot and underachieved..but the talent they have coming back..and better leadership compared last year along with your rejected bunch coming here with a chip on their shoulder...it's hard not feeling confident for the kids

The problem at Vance has never been talent it has been Coaching continuity and depth.....the same issue that will plague them this year. Just to much turnover in staff and to much drop off in depth once the season progresses with injuries and team dynamic issues based on uneven leadership. I saw quite a few of last years grads actually on Twitter helping out over at West Meck which is were quite a few of the former Coaches landed.....it speaks to who the kids connected with...

Last edited:
Leave a couple hours early for this game and you can stop by "South of the Border" to ride Pedro's Ferris Wheel of Death. You never sausage a place!!!

Zareon Hayes 6'3" 235 lb is a stud that will play QB next year.. Played DE last year and also returned a few Kickoffs. He will be a rising Junior. He ran a lot of Wildcat out of the QB position last year when he played.
Seems to be a very good kid on and off the field. Here's a look at his highlights.

Nope! We don't know anything about him! ;)
Good Grief....
DAT BOY NASTY!!!!

10817781_1428926847393191_24320992_a.jpg

I believe this is the second game between these two teams. The first time they played at Dillon. Did Dillon not want to come to Charlotte?

I believe the 2013 game was a one-off, whereas this one is the 1st game of an official two game home-and-home series. Dillon will venture to Charlotte next season.

SC realigned to five classifications (from four) and Dillon fell into the 3A class.

I believe this is the second game between these two teams. The first time they played at Dillon. Did Dillon not want to come to Charlotte?

I think the issue is that although the game is in Dillon, SC.....the draw that this game has is just off the charts. Literally the game is standing room only, as the last game's numbers showed. The crowd will be humongous, that's why they come to Dillon. Everybody benefits from it. The take from the gates is split 50/50, and its substantial, for a high school football game. Basically.....us country folks will turn out for some good ole fashion hitting & tackling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT