ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs. Dillon

Oh MC...you guys better not lose this one or y'all will destroy the reputation of NC high school football. We are counting on you to not lose to a much smaller school...and according to your big boy football logic, the game better not even be close or its a win for Dillon.

Oh MC...you guys better not lose this one or y'all will destroy the reputation of NC high school football. We are counting on you to not lose to a much smaller school...and according to your big boy football logic, the game better not even be close or its a win for Dillon.

Lions gonna try to schedule Dillon for 2017/2018 too or stick with easy mountain wins like Freedom?

Reactions: mrhonda
Destroy the reputation of NC HS Football? Over one game? Dude I know you're a troll but you are seriously one of the worst posters on this board.
Let's see Shelby schedule some real 4A schools, if they lose to 4A school the reputation of Shelby will be destroyed.

Lions gonna try to schedule Dillon for 2017/2018 too or stick with easy mountain wins like Freedom?
Please! Shelby will either "not be able to afford it", "too far" or they'd rather keep their fake rivalry with Freedom or AC Reynolds going.
Shelby can have all the 2A titles in the world, but none will come close to touching a 4A or 4AA title. Play up Golden boys, the big boys are waiting.

Reactions: Chopper747
Destroy the reputation of NC HS Football? Over one game? Dude I know you're a troll but you are seriously one of the worst posters on this board.
Let's see Shelby schedule some real 4A schools, if they lose to 4A school the reputation of Shelby will be destroyed.

Depending on how the season plays out I agree this could be a very bad look for NC high school football if MC loses. MC needs to win all three SC games. Period.

No big point spreads just win. Playing first game against a powerful SC team plus at a place like Dillon is a a disadvantage but should still be an MC win.

Depending on how the season plays out I agree this could be a very bad look for NC high school football if MC loses. MC needs to win all three SC games. Period.

No big point spreads just win. Playing first game against a powerful SC team plus at a place like Dillon is a a disadvantage but should still be an MC win.

You know I remember all to well the number of posters that came on this board, and said just how bad Mallard Creek would beat Dillon. All of the crazy predictions that were thrown out on how many points they'd put up against the little 2A team from the country....stepping out of their comfort zone!! Well, I don't see any of those predictions now, and those same posters have wisely kept their thoughts to themselves. I guess the proverbial "Cat is out of the Bag" ,so to speak!! No more surprising folks that didn't quite know who we were. But I'm here to tell you all, that this will be a game of strength, numbers, talent, & match ups. Don't think that we don't have anything to lose.....we're placing our 37 game winning streak on the line. For those that don't know, we've won four State Titles in a row, and haven't lost since 2013, have two defeated seasons back to back. This will be a very entertain game for all to see. Make the trip if you can....................................

Reactions: TarheelRaider
You know I remember all to well the number of posters that came on this board, and said just how bad Mallard Creek would beat Dillon. All of the crazy predictions that were thrown out on how many points they'd put up against the little 2A team from the country....stepping out of their comfort zone!! Well, I don't see any of those predictions now, and those same posters have wisely kept their thoughts to themselves. I guess the proverbial "Cat is out of the Bag" ,so to speak!! No more surprising folks that didn't quite know who we were. But I'm here to tell you all, that this will be a game of strength, numbers, talent, & match ups. Don't think that we don't have anything to lose.....we're placing our 37 game winning streak on the line. For those that don't know, we've won four State Titles in a row, and haven't lost since 2013, have two defeated seasons back to back. This will be a very entertain game for all to see. Make the trip if you can....................................

You might want to take your own advice. You're making predictions also. I hope we can hang with you guys. :) FYI! Stop being condescending and acting as if no one knew who you guys were? Mallard Creek pick Dillon because they were a Elite program in SC. Classification was irrelevant

Last edited:
Ya know. I cant imagine anyone giving the Dillon program more respect than the Mallard Creek fans, players and coaches. To a person hey speak very highly of Dillon. The one thing I have found remarkable is since that game its the Dillon fans who speak like they won the game. Its almost like they forgot the final score.

Stop with the " we made it close" stuff. You guys are a excellent program... But close don't count.

Ya know. I cant imagine anyone giving the Dillon program more respect than the Mallard Creek fans, players and coaches. To a person hey speak very highly of Dillon. The one thing I have found remarkable is since that game its the Dillon fans who speak like they won the game. Its almost like they forgot the final score.

Stop with the " we made it close" stuff. You guys are a excellent program... But close don't count.

Well, Nitesft does have a valid point. 4 years ago before MC showed up at Dillon Memorial Stadium, all the talk WAS that Dillon didn't stand a chance. MC had way better players and a much stronger team. Even the MC coach got off the bus telling some of us what kind of beating we have coming. He told us to be right here at halftime so he could see our faces..... Well at halftime it was a tied game. Not until after that game did some MC respect for Dillon happen. However, none of that matters now, this is Dillon's rematch that we have been wanting for a few years, cause the confidence level from our players,(bump the fans, they don't play) have remained high that we DO stand a chance to beat a Nationally ranked team. Most of the players that are playing this year may not have been on the field the first time the two teams played, but I promise you they was standing on the fence watching. 99% of the SC big schools will not play Dillon due to the fact of "What If Dillon wins". I count it an honor to be able to watch a small school powerhouse play a nationally ranked 4A powerhouse, and thank you for choosing to come back to Dillon. I don't know who will win this matchup, cause Dillon lost a lot of starters last year. There is no doubt that the Dillon team that won the State Championship last year could have played anybody in NC/SC and stood a great chance of winning. As said in an earlier post, Dillon has 37 game win streak on the line, and WE pursued this Match up. Playing Great Teams like Mallard Creek only makes us better . This my friends has the potential to be a GREAT GAME for anyone to see. We here in Dillonation respect your program and are honored to host your fans once again. Come early and enjoy the tailgating community here in Dillon and have safe travels.

Last edited:
That was 3-4 years ago though wildcats. It is 2016 now and I know many people in NC and probably at MC respect Dillon much more now than they did in 2013.
I expect a pretty tough ballgame over there. If it wasn't so far away I'd attend, but gas isn't free for college kids lol I'll be taking in Rock Hill Northwestern vs Rock Hill South Pointe.

That was 3-4 years ago though wildcats. It is 2016 now and I know many people in NC and probably at MC respect Dillon much more now than they did in 2013.
I expect a pretty tough ballgame over there. If it wasn't so far away I'd attend, but gas isn't free for college kids lol I'll be taking in Rock Hill Northwestern vs Rock Hill South Pointe.
If Bernie can talk Hillary into making College free you would think he could convince her to make gas free for College Kids. Just email the idea to Bernie at berniemakeseverythingfree@bs.com.

Well, Nitesft does have a valid point. 4 years ago before MC showed up at Dillon Memorial Stadium, all the talk WAS that Dillon didn't stand a chance. MC had way better players and a much stronger team. Even the MC coach got off the bus telling some of us what kind of beating we have coming. He told us to be right here at halftime so he could see our faces..... Well at halftime it was a tied game. Not until after that game did some MC respect for Dillon happen. However, none of that matters now, this is Dillon's rematch that we have been wanting for a few years, cause the confidence level from our players,(bump the fans, they don't play) have remained high that we DO stand a chance to beat a Nationally ranked team. Most of the players that are playing this year may not have been on the field the first time the two teams played, but I promise you they was standing on the fence watching. 99% of the SC big schools will not play Dillon due to the fact of "What If Dillon wins". I count it an honor to be able to watch a small school powerhouse play a nationally ranked 4A powerhouse, and thank you for choosing to come back to Dillon. I don't know who will win this matchup, cause Dillon lost a lot of starters last year. There is no doubt that the Dillon team that won the State Championship last year could have played anybody in NC/SC and stood a great chance of winning. As said in an earlier post, Dillon has 37 game win streak on the line, and WE pursued this Match up. Playing Great Teams like Mallard Creek only makes us better . This my friends has the potential to be a GREAT GAME for anyone to see. We here in Dillonation respect your program and are honored to host your fans once again. Come early and enjoy the tailgating community here in Dillon and have safe travels.

Well I think some trash talk is always part of the game. I have a pretty good insight into the Mallard Creek players and coaches. I assure you nobody took them lightly in 2013 and I cam also assure you nobody is taking them lightly in 3 weeks. If I was surprised by anything when traveling there it was the intensity of the fanbase and the number of kids Dillon dresses. The skill level and athletes was exactly what I thought. In addition, playing in an atmosphere like that against that caliber of a opponent is a tough deal week one.

I said it at the time and still think its the case today. Coming from behind at that place against that team has set the tone for 3 straight titles. It changed the program. I think the players and coaches learned how to win a tight game that night.

I will be in Charleston for business on Wed- Thursday and will be making the drive up either Thursday night or Friday afternoon. Cant wait.

Wildcatsback2back: You are only telling one version. Dillon although very good people. By far some of the most outrages smack talk i have ever heard @ Football game. Mallard Creek coaching staff is not going to just get off the bus and start talking smack. Dillon fans gave a heavy dose of smack.So it was definitely warranted.Mallard Creek loses a lot every year. We just re-load.. Don't care if your 2-A or 6A they're coming to win.

I remember a guy with one tooth showing me a stack of 100's during the game. He wanted to bet me. He better be glad i was not still running my 4.4's. I would have snatched it, and went back to Charlotte. It had to have been over 10k. The Hell with the game. Very hostile environment in Dillon. Looking forward to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diddydontplay
Wildcatsback2back: You are only telling one version. Dillon although very good people. By far some of the most outrages smack talk i have ever heard @ Football game. Mallard Creek coaching staff is not going to just get off the bus and start talking smack. Dillon fans gave a heavy dose of smack.So it was definitely warranted.

I remember a guy with one tooth showing me a stack of 100's during the game. He wanted to bet me. He better be glad i was not still running my 4.4's. I would have snatched it, and went back to Charlotte. It had to have been over 10k. The Hell with the game. Very hostile environment in Dillon. Looking forward to the game.

#wheredidNepsyGO.... LOL

Wildcatsback2back: You are only telling one version. Dillon although very good people. By far some of the most outrages smack talk i have ever heard @ Football game. Mallard Creek coaching staff is not going to just get off the bus and start talking smack. Dillon fans gave a heavy dose of smack.So it was definitely warranted.Mallard Creek loses a lot every year. We just re-load.. Don't care if your 2-A or 6A they're coming to win.

Why is it always the guy with one tooth that has all the cash. Are the Dentists taking all of our money? When you think about, this guy could literally call it a tooth brush while the rest of us could literally call it a teeth brush. Things that make you go hmmmm......

Reactions: nepsy7
When turn out to be dominant like Mallard Creeks you have to play the team's that are willing to play you

Sounds like everyone is very excited down there. Im wondering if we can get a reasonable assesment of what is awaitng The Creek down there in 3 weeks.

How does this team compare to 2013?

Sounds like everyone is very excited down there. Im wondering if we can get a reasonable assesment of what is awaitng The Creek down there in 3 weeks.

How does this team compare to 2013?
The team i don't know. But the fans is gonna be twice as loud and 3 times as nasty. Thats why i am going to make that long trip. I have worked with many Dillon Wild cats fans years ago.

Nothing but respect for MC from this Dillon fan. The game a few years ago was a classic. It went back and forth until the last minutes of the game. MC had some studs!!! Both teams reload year to year. I wish this game was at MC because the Dillon fans love to travel. It will be standing room only again. The head coach wanted to play in Dillon because the atmosphere is like a playoff game. We will be tailgating and would love for ANY fans to come and eat with us. It's all fun because we don't play the game. We will have plenty of food so just let me know.

thats why i travel back down every other week, to see games like this. I will meet some of my old friends from Rowland Fairmont, and Lumberton and of course the nastycats. I can't wait to eat at Fullers before d game.

LOL!!!! I don't know Nepsy. You got to be awful fast, because they will lock the gates on you like they did us in 78!!!!!

Reactions: nepsy7
Dillon players are real confident. They are probably tired from smack talk. A few of them have made tweets on MC players Twitter accounts....lol Zareon Hayes the QB also told some players @ the Carolina camp that he was going to rush for over 200 yards. They have the attention of the Creek and the players love playing in hostile environments.

This is going to be a barn burner!

Last edited:
Mallard.png

Mallard Creek.....just some insight on the weather forecast for Friday night. Bring your ponchos and umbrellas....its gonna rain.
scattered-thunderstorms.svgz

AUG 19

Scattered Thunderstorms

90° 72° 60% WSW 6 mph 73% 8 of 10 6:41 am 7:59 pm 8:56 pm 7:54 am

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. High near 90F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
FRI NIGHT

AUG 19

Thunderstorms Early

-- 72° 40% W 4 mph 91% 0 of 10 6:41 am 7:59 pm 8:56 pm 7:54 am

Scattered thunderstorms during the evening, then partly cloudy overnight. Low 72F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

Dillon fans have suddenly have gone quiet?? .Nervous??

Now to address your comment....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....I'll leave you with these to ponder!!! It's always quiet before the storm, and seeing that rain is on the forecast, that should make you guys pretty nervous as well. Seeing as how Brynes burned y'all for a 31-28 victory last season. Darn right we're nervous, and y'all should be as well....to not be would suggest that you're over confident, and/or are over-looking us!! That can be dangerous in this game!!

Can't wait until we can all shut-up and watch Dem Boys play some lights out ball. I expect a great game!!! I pray you guys have a safe journey both too & from Dillon, reaching both destinations Safely!! Hope to see you all on Friday!!

Lot of people are using Brynes as the example of beating MC. Brynes had a whopping 52 yds total rushing the entire game. Byrnes td's were against players in the secondary out of place. Good luck with the air show route. Ask G-Page? That's been fixed. Mallard Creek finished with over 400yds total offense. Very misleading.

Dillon guys need to realize, we found them. They didn't find us.The Dillon players through social media have done and excellent job of introducing themselves, so the players are very familiar with them. and we knew about the weather conditions over a month ago.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT