ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek 7-3 Dillon final

Champ if what you say about the ref's is true.. tell me why Dillon TD's didn't count. Since the ref's was cheating for us, why we didn't get the points. Please make sense of this for me. I'm curious to hear this explanation.

I am a Fayetteville native and big High school fan so I took the short drive to Dillon to see the show down. I was firmly in the Mallard Creek camp as I support North Carolina over South Carolina. I have seem mc play about 3 times over their championship run. I get Mallard Creek is somewhat slow out of the gates and seems to roll at the end of the year. But know football. MC was simply inept last night on offense no doubt Dillon was tough but MC was just simply bad on offense. Neither ran in passed with any efficiency. I was sitting right behind mc bench and could hear the coaches talking. It was that bad that every time Mc had the ball after first down every time in second half when mc had ball the coaches were calling to gather the punt team on the bench after First down. It was obvious they have no faith in the offense either. This to me was very telling. Mc I hope will get the offense together. But my gut tells me they have big problems on offense . They will likely get better and win another state title but my gut is telling me they lose to either byrnes or south Pointe and another game. I want them to go undefeated and beat the South Carolina teams in particular but I can say like another guy posted they are far from an Independence or even Butler type team on offense and it's going to cost them a game ot two along the way. They may get better as they typically do in the end and win state but that offense is simply not on part for a top 25 team. I am pulling for them for the state of North Carolina but sorry I call it like I see it. No play makers or great scheming on offense. Offense just looked too sub part to chalk it up to first game jitters or great Dillon defense. Sorry to say but that offense is limited I will say even after seeing one game. Sometimes you just know. Defense looked great but offense will cause them one loss, -perhaps two losses even if it ends in a 4th straight championshi

Byrnes was down 28-0 before losing 31-19 to Myrtle Beach Friday night.

I am a Fayetteville native and big High school fan so I took the short drive to Dillon to see the show down. I was firmly in the Mallard Creek camp as I support North Carolina over South Carolina. I have seem mc play about 3 times over their championship run. I get Mallard Creek is somewhat slow out of the gates and seems to roll at the end of the year. But know football. MC was simply inept last night on offense no doubt Dillon was tough but MC was just simply bad on offense. Neither ran in passed with any efficiency. I was sitting right behind mc bench and could hear the coaches talking. It was that bad that every time Mc had the ball after first down every time in second half when mc had ball the coaches were calling to gather the punt team on the bench after First down. It was obvious they have no faith in the offense either. This to me was very telling. Mc I hope will get the offense together. But my gut tells me they have big problems on offense . They will likely get better and win another state title but my gut is telling me they lose to either byrnes or south Pointe and another game. I want them to go undefeated and beat the South Carolina teams in particular but I can say like another guy posted they are far from an Independence or even Butler type team on offense and it's going to cost them a game ot two along the way. They may get better as they typically do in the end and win state but that offense is simply not on part for a top 25 team. I am pulling for them for the state of North Carolina but sorry I call it like I see it. No play makers or great scheming on offense. Offense just looked too sub part to chalk it up to first game jitters or great Dillon defense. Sorry to say but that offense is limited I will say even after seeing one game. Sometimes you just know. Defense looked great but offense will cause them one loss, -perhaps two losses even if it ends in a 4th straight championshi

Offense sucks but 4th straight title? I will take that all day long.

FYI- 2013 they were losing going into the 4th quarter at Dillon. 2014 they were losing late 3rd quarter against Charlotte Christian . 2012 the lost to Butler and only scored one TD. Last year Indy was awful and they killed them but 2nd game they were held scoreless in first half against Butler and had to rally to win late.

This happens litterally every year. They start slow, schedule very tough competition and by November are rolling.

Flags were 16-2 in Dillons favor. Just saying you can say all you want. I was there. This game was setup for MC to lose. My girlfriend even admitted it and she's from Greensboro but she's a huge football fan. Dillon is a fine program, much respect but stop with the gimmicks and bs like you didn't see twice MC went from 2nd down to 4th down. Every positive play was negated by a flag, I could go on and on. MC is 2-0 after friday night, wins over both dillon and the home cooking refs

Stop your lying..... Right off the top of my head I can say Dillon had at least 2 illegal procedure calls on offense maybe even 3. They had at least 1 off sides call on Defense. A delay of game call, as well a personal foul on MC touchdown play. That is 5 right there.... Then you can add in the illegal shift that called one TD back, now that adds to 6 at least. Dillon got robbed of another TD by the Refs when they said the reciever was out of bounds.

If you say that the creek was called for 16 penlties concider that easy, the reason is you play very dirty football. Your OL was holding all night long on about every play I saw. Right after Johnny Allens TD was called back, there was a obvious pass interference that went uncalled, and I even seen one time when a creek player swing at a Dillon player. The one that made me mad was when #8 from the creek followed our QB to our sidelines taunting him after he was stopped on 3rd down.

What most of the problem is from some of you Creek fans is your allstar offense and running back got shut down. 116 net yards all night. Your only TD was from a mistake on our part. You all expected to come to Dillon with your WAY overrated D1 stacked powerhouse and run all over Dillon.

Take the 7-3 win, and stop the madness. With the two TD we had called back, you really would have looked bad. The illegal shift on the one TD, Ok that is what the call was.... The pass play to the endzone was highway robbery. It should of been 10-7 Dillon

Instead of crying foul, put you effort into getting your coach to schedule Dillon next year at the Creek. You all supply the Refs, use your clock and chain crew.... Dillon will bring a crowd, I promise you that.

Reactions: dillon wildcats
Amen, I don't mind we lost.. I just don't understand how some of the fans and the guy from the Charlotte observer can ignore the calls against us.champ hasn't answered my question yet. One more time I'm going to ask this question. If the ref's was cheating in our favor and was trying to give us the game. Why would they take two TD's from us? It just doesn't add up to you guys claims. The creek got the win against a very good team, take it and enjoy it. The ref's were bad and we all acknowledge this, but you can't say they tried to give us the game.

Again- You could go all night long on penalties. You are 100% right, they missed that first pass interference call. Penalties are bang ,bang . Easy to miss a few. Dirty football?? Nah.. Tough football both ways. Plenty of Dillon kids taunting on the MC sideline. That's football.

Now ..the delays and pauses were terrible and the clock work and chain gang. Inexcusable.

Doubt they come play in Charlotte. This game works for MC because its a brutal place to start the season. Its why Palmieri likes it. I know they are working hard on RH Northwestern for next year. We have won two dogfights down there now. Home game doesn't make much sense but who knows. I would travel down there to see a Spartanburg, Dutch Fork or RH Northwestern play.... Bet that never happens

You are right. We will happily escape 1-0 and taking down a 37 game win streak

Again- You could go all night long on penalties. You are 100% right, they missed that first pass interference call. Penalties are bang ,bang . Easy to miss a few. Dirty football?? Nah.. Tough football both ways. Plenty of Dillon kids taunting on the MC sideline. That's football.

Now ..the delays and pauses were terrible and the clock work and chain gang. Inexcusable.

Doubt they come play in Charlotte. This game works for MC because its a brutal place to start the season. Its why Palmieri likes it. I know they are working hard on RH Northwestern for next year. We have won two dogfights down there now. Home game doesn't make much sense but who knows. I would travel down there to see a Spartanburg, Dutch Fork or RH Northwestern play.... Bet that never happens

You are right. We will happily escape 1-0 and taking down a 37 game win streak

Man, we ain't sweating the win streak. If we was worried about keeping that going, we would have schedule Lake View or someone other than a Nationally Ranked team 4 times our size, wouldn't you think.

If coming to Dillon helps you all out so much why stop?

Man, we ain't sweating the win streak. If we was worried about keeping that going, we would have schedule Lake View or someone other than a Nationally Ranked team 4 times our size, wouldn't you think.

I think you win 37 straight that's impressive. 4 straight titles even more impressive. No question the streak meant something to the players. Hayes was quoted as such. I do love that Hayes will play anybody. He knows he has a very strong program year in year out.

4 times? How many kids go to Dillon?

I think you win 37 straight that's impressive. 4 straight titles even more impressive. No question the streak meant something to the players. Hayes was quoted as such. I do love that Hayes will play anybody. He knows he has a very strong program year in year out.

4 times? How many kids go to Dillon?[/QUOTE

4 times? How many kids go to Dillon?
850-888 ish?

I believe the last time Dillon lost a game @ Home it was against the same Team. (Mallard Creek) Not a lot of teams are going into Dillon and beating them. Not 1 team in a hire classification will even play them from SC...Lot of elite teams in the Nation lost this pass weekend. It happens! MC won!

For all you chicken shit programs who are afraid to play elite programs and believe that Dillon is a 2A or 3A program. Call them and schedule them @ home and see how it works out for you. Ask the guys from Brynes how it worked out for them going into @ hostile environment playing a different program. They were spanked by Dillon's little sister 35-19.

The Dillon fans who tell you all day that they should not be put us in a classification. That they can beat any program and South Carolina or NC. You can't flip it when your 37 game streak is broke and you are beat by the same Team that ended your last Home streak. Now we're just a little 3A program. You can't have it both ways!

If you are who you say you are. Moral Victory's don't mean Crap!

Last edited:
Nepsy, I have a legitimate question. Were you at the game Friday night? If so what is your opinion of the Mallard Creek offensive performance on Friday night? After reading all the posts over the years on here about the Mavericks, my first opportunity to watch them was certainly not what I expected.

Nepsy, I have a legitimate question. Were you at the game Friday night? If so what is your opinion of the Mallard Creek offensive performance on Friday night? After reading all the posts over the years on here about the Mavericks, my first opportunity to watch them was certainly not what I expected.

I was @ the game. It was not a good performance by the Offense, if not for the defense(Different game) which because of the 10yds punts by our punter. Dillon had the ball inside MC's 30 the entire 2nd half. They came out with 3 points. It was actually the worst outing by the offense in school history.

Last edited:
Nepsey, you are mistaken. We never complain about our size bro. You are wrong about that. It's other fans on here from other schools saying little ole Dillon..

And definitely a loss is a loss. We don't do moral victories Dillon. We are 0-1. That's not changing no matter how good we played you guys.. I tell you this, we will finish 14-1. Five in a row. That's the goal.

Reactions: nepsy7
And definitely a loss is a loss. We don't do moral victories Dillon. We are 0-1. That's not changing no matter how good we played you guys.. I tell you this, we will finish 14-1. Five in a row. That's the goal.

The elite teams in SC can no longer use the point system for not playing you guys. I want to see which programs are going to step up and play.

North Davidson. 46 pts
so u had to bring that up lol. I can assure one thing and you can take it to the bank it want happen this year and i mean from anyone in NC. ND exposed us that is for sure. again not sure what this has to do with the post but since you brought it up it will jump in. All is good. Lots of ball to play but I did see some footage on the dillon game and you better tell your big sloppy's up front to move their feet and stay on blocks. A whole lot of standing and looking while 54 at their lunch.

Last edited:
Nepsy7, at the end of the day, a win is a win no matter what. MC's punter had a very bad night. I'm not sure if he was the one who punted the last punt because I was at the other end, but whoever did, punted a 58 yard punt. That was huge because it backed us up. I give MC all the credit in the world for scheduling us. I see where people say that little school from Dillon. We don't look at it that way. Never have and never will. We can only wish to play bigger schools because MC has been the ONLY one to do so. That game was like a playoff game. The atmosphere was crazy. The refs SUCKED big time. That's the only thing I hated about the game. Good luck the rest of the season. Same thing happened 3 years ago so let history repeat it self again.

Nepsy7, at the end of the day, a win is a win no matter what. MC's punter had a very bad night. I'm not sure if he was the one who punted the last punt because I was at the other end, but whoever did, punted a 58 yard punt. That was huge because it backed us up. I give MC all the credit in the world for scheduling us. I see where people say that little school from Dillon. We don't look at it that way. Never have and never will. We can only wish to play bigger schools because MC has been the ONLY one to do so. That game was like a playoff game. The atmosphere was crazy. The refs SUCKED big time. That's the only thing I hated about the game. Good luck the rest of the season. Same thing happened 3 years ago so let history repeat it self again.

YEP! That was a different punter @ the end. Good luck to you guys also.

so u had to bring that up lol. I can assure one thing and you can take it to the bank it want happen this year and i mean from anyone in NC. ND exposed us that is for sure. again not sure what this has to do with the post but since you brought it up it will jump in. All is good. Lots of ball to play but I did see some footage on the dillon game and you better tell your big sloppy's up front to move their feet and stay on blocks. A whole lot of standing and looking while 54 at their lunch.

Scotland 21- Marlboro County 20 1 point win
Dillon 35 - Marlboro County 13 21 point win

A win is a win and a loss is a loss and everyone knows the comparing scores is not the smartest way to judge teams. You for all should know that considering you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the game. Come on BLUE & GOLD! By the way I guess you agree with my assessment on your O-Line?

I think some of you Scotland fans are awfully quick to judge performance especially since you guys more than most know what playing some of those squads in that area are like. Its beyond passion and getting the big city boys with the national ranking in town is all that anyone down there has been talking about for 5 months. If you reversed it and brought Dillon to Charlotte 95% of the people wouldn't have any idea what you are talking about. That's why I love playing down there. You absolutely earn it.

I didn't see your assement of the Oline but I will give you mine. I think the 2 hardest things to get working efficiently is Oline play and QB reads. I think we struggled in both. I think if we would have played at home against lets say Lake Norman or maybe West Meck you wouldn't have noticed anything. Against that front 7 flaws get exposed quickly.

GUESS WHAT? That's why they schedule the game. Next week is Butler, your DB's will get challenged and exposed in spots. Same thing with Byrnes ( most years). 4 weeks from now its RH SOuthpointe. Maybe the best scrambling athlete in the Southeast at QB. Exposes your weakness on defense quickly. By November your kids and coaches have seen the best there is to offer and are ready for title run #4.

Conversely... If you don't see a passing offense or athletes like North Davidson and Butts you get undressed in November. Season over. That's not criticism, its just reality . Do injury's play apart? Sure.. but its hard to control that.

Watching some limited film of the Oline I thought they did well in pass block but that Douglass really had a hard time with McDaniel. It was also pretty clear that our backs misread some blocks and turned it outside instead of inside on some of those leads. High snaps caused some timing issues. MC doesn't go zone block hat on a hat they pull, trap and sometimes counter. Its big athletic bodies and timing. It will get better it always does. They have struggled in openers since 2013.

Butler is a top 3 or 4 defense in the state. I consider Mallard Creek in the same category. What Oline is better prepared to take the other on next week. The Oline that played @ Dillon against a very good front 7 ( Very good) or the Oline that was up 45-0 at half against a TERRIBLE Olympic team that may not win 2 games this year.?

That's why you go down there. Palmieri absolutely knew they would be in a dogfight and they are watching film this very moment getting ready for practice tomorrow.

Palmieri said that MC was in a much better position after this game than they were after the Indy drubbing last season. This primed them much better and allowed them to see what needs to be worked on.

We could've easily played someone else to keep the streak going. MC could've don the same thing. The same thing happened 3 years ago and both teams went on to win the state championships. MC got dogged by a lot of people 3 years ago but it turned out the MC/Dillon game, I think, was their closest game that year. I talked to Coach Palmieri after the game and he was a class act. I asked him if we could get a return trip because the Dillon fans travel well and he stated that he would rather play in Dillon because of the atmosphere. He talked about Dillon's history and was asking how we did it year to year. I told him that I was the rec director and was over the football program. I also told him that I had 342 kids signed up for rec football last year. I had 4 flag teams; 4 7/8 year old tackle teams; 5 9/10 year old tackle teams and 3 11/12 year old tackle teams. Our teams run he same offense that the varsity does in the tackle divisions. He was surprised by the number of players. I have some dang good rec ball coaches too!!!

Reactions: dillon wildcats
Yep, the South Point vs Mallard Creek game will be huge.

Blackbart wrote: After this game you will see why Dillon could never win a big boi title....South Point will beat MC then you can compare two SC teams that should be in the same division and SP will clearly be the BEST!!!!
icon_e_wink.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm Black Bart, but this ain't no DAMN Cartoon!! http://forum.palmettofootballtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46211&start=10

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT