ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek 7-3 Dillon final

MC is 2-0 after beating both Dillion and the local refs. By far one of the worst officiating football games i ever seen. Completely one sided home cooking

Nope our defense had you bottled. We had a td called back. Mc crossed the 40 None in the 2nd half. I'll admit that the officials but our defense handled business

Don't make excuses. MC was supposed to be the 10th best team in the nation according to some polls and I think USA today had them # 5.....

Great job Dillon...way to represent small school ball from SC

Don't make excuses. MC was supposed to be the 10th best team in the nation according to some polls and I think USA today had them # 5.....
The recent trend is to have Mallard Creek badly overhyped in pre-season national polls for some reason, but that's not really Mallard Creek's fault.

well it sounds like MC may not be this national juggernaut or Dillion might just be national juggernaut as well. good luck ot both see no reason for either not to be crowned champs again.

Umm. Something tells me the officials kept this closer than it would had been. Twice MC had 3 play drives. How the hell you go from 2nd down to 4th down TWICE?? Dillion is nice though would love to see them at Shelby but the refs really soured the game

Umm. Something tells me the officials kept this closer than it would had been. Twice MC had 3 play drives. How the hell you go from 2nd down to 4th down TWICE?? Dillion is nice though would love to see them at Shelby but the refs really soured the game
YOU GUYS DO KNOW that we didn't even play our 4 star QB that just transferred this week?DUDE in the 2nd half our defense had them bottled Sorry. Can't apologize. The officials did make some bad calls but I felt like they helped our offense. The defense was playing lights out and dare I say playing MORE physical than Mallard Creek. Somebody needs to give that Nasty Cats D some credit. They were making some BIG HITS on those so called unstoppable Running backs. I will say this again. The Mallard Creek Offense ONLY had 55 yards rushing at the half and DID NOT cross the 40 in the 2nd half. THey scored their lone TD off of a botched fair catch on a punt where they got GREAT field position. I will let the people that went to the game tell you about it though. I am PROUD of those Dillon Wildcats. Proud You hear me?

Absolutely one of the strangest games I have ever seen unfold.

The officiating (and down counts) were absolutely insane. If anyone can watch a tape without it being stopped between plays you will get more of an idea. Think MC had 15 penalties and Dillon had only a couple.

I expected a 21-7 type MC win. Dillon front seven got all over the MC O line. Thought MC QB did a solid job in his first game with MC. MC D was put in some bad situations by punting team and a couple of strange penalties but stepped up big.

Absolutely one of the strangest games I have ever seen unfold.

The officiating (and down counts) were absolutely insane. If anyone can watch a tape without it being stopped between plays you will get more of an idea. Think MC had 15 penalties and Dillon had only a couple.

I expected a 21-7 type MC win. Dillon front seven got all over the MC O line. Thought MC QB did a solid job in his first game with MC. MC D was put in some bad situations by punting team and a couple of strange penalties but stepped up big.
Hands down one of the best defensive efforts I've seen between two good teams! I think the refs were confused all damn night. I don't think we were getting "home cooking" just bad officiating. Mallard Creek were committing quite a few personal fouls.

Congratulations Dillon you put up one helluva fight!!! You have proved you can play with anyone in the Country. Congratulations to Mallard Creek! Beating Dillon is not an easy thing to do.

can some answer this for me? dillion had ball 4th and goal from the 6, didint score but def holding was called, refs had meeting (again) moved ball to the 3 pointed yrd stick guy to change to 1st down. dillion ran one play to the 2. both teams lined up for next play mc coach ran on field called his team off as if that was 4 down! refs talked it over and pointed 1st down mc.my question is defensive holding inside the 6 what should have been the call? no dog in fight just woundering!

Not sold on Mallard or Dillion to repeat! Period... I'll take the field...

I'm just worried about both teams(Dillion & Mallard) QB's who usually standout every game... But Your right, maybe just two great defenses.

can some answer this for me? dillion had ball 4th and goal from the 6, didint score but def holding was called, refs had meeting (again) moved ball to the 3 pointed yrd stick guy to change to 1st down. dillion ran one play to the 2. both teams lined up for next play mc coach ran on field called his team off as if that was 4 down! refs talked it over and pointed 1st down mc.my question is defensive holding inside the 6 what should have been the call? no dog in fight just woundering!

Half the distance to the goal. Repeat fourth down.

I was glad MC won but I was not impressed with mc offense at all. Both defenses were great. Like others said crazy officiating and down situation. I thought on one drive mc had a penalty and only got 2 plays. I hope MC offense steps up for Byrnes and South Pointe. I want Mc to sweep them sc teams

I'm just worried about both teams(Dillion & Mallard) QB's who usually standout every game... But Your right, maybe just two great defenses.
We have a 4 star Transfer QB who couldn't play this week who will begin playing next week. His name is Brayden Hawkins. He is a 6 Ft 3 220 lb Stud with a Rifle for an arm. Zareon will be moving back to Defense next week which will make an already great defense RIDICULOUS. Zareon's chief position is DE. NOW as for Mallard Creek. I WAS NOT impressed with their QB at all.

One may find that the running ability of the current QB is a huge positive and something the transfer does not possess. Dillon QB made things happen with his feet several times as the line broke. Not sure a QB with limited mobility would have had the time needed. MC loses on the long ball not the slants and quick hitches.

I thought MC's QB played fairly well for his first game. Did not make any really bad decisions and had some nice runs, stood in the pocket as he got pressured. I think he will actually be solid for them.

Defense battle between two very good teams. Dillon moved the ball fairly well between the 20's, but MC D really stood out with their red zone defense. Dillon stood out with defense across the board. Dillon had quite a few chances to score and I think that would have done it. In hindsight it may have been smart to go for the field goal as they would have had another chance for another field goal. Hard to know that though. Dillon QB made some things happen, but those opportunities weren't there in the red zone. I was expecting another pass or two to try to go to the corner of the end zone. Dillon had their chances and they played well enough to put themselves in that position.

MC struggled some on O, but credit the D. Both sides for that matter. MC likes to run. QB will take off, but looks like the passing game isn't in synch yet.

Two very good teams that will be working on their Offense. The officiating was crazy and was even hard to know what they called. The Dillon receiver looked to catch the ball for a TD, so I assume he was out of bounds. I had no way of telling where his feet were on the MC side. Of course, there was a flag on the play and I think eventually they waived it off. I don't know what happened.

Dillons botched fair catch hurt. The fumble hurt along with a few interception drops. Those type mistakes usually costs you in a game like this. I don't think MC had any turnovers.

I usually like to see more scoring, but this was a battle of the defenses. Glad I went. Great matchup between these two and both teams played hard. You can't ask for more that that.

Wild game. Nothing but respect for Dillon. Been there twice now, crazy atmosphere and a tough , physical and well coached team. The officiating and chain crew??? Maybe the worst i have ever seen in 40 yrars of watching HS football but that shouldnt take anything away from the players.

As far as Dillon's 4 star QB , be happy you have Zareon. That kid didnt even start for York and its possible he could be transfered again before next week. He has been tob4 schools and has been shopped everywhere.

The people who question either of these squads are clueless. There is a reason nobody will play them down there.

Here is a little lesson for some of you. These games in these places are how you get better. Its why teams from Wake county or Forsyth county can't beat Meck county squads. To busy playing cupcake non-conf schedules and winning 55-0. It does nothing for your teams... might as well just scrimmage.

How does a Nationally ranked top 10 team only score 7 points against a small team like Dillon? I know Dillon isn't your normal small country team. Not even joking around or trying to be funny but is Mallard Creek overrated this season? I know they'll more than likely win the 4AA again but only 7 points does not sound like a top 10 National team.

MC coaches were upset with the way the refs delayed the game when MC had the ball or between their possessions. Fekt during their series the delays kept them from getting in synch. They play tempo but their was none tonight. A lot of that had to do with Dillon's D which took it to an o line loaded with big time recruits.

How does a Nationally ranked top 10 team only score 7 points against a small team like Dillon? I know Dillon isn't your normal small country team. Not even joking around or trying to be funny but is Mallard Creek overrated this season? I know they'll more than likely win the 4AA again but only 7 points does not sound like a top 10 National team.

I think the amount of talent they have is bringing a lot of the love. Recruiting rankings do not always translate to the high school field.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
Dillon moved the ball fairly well between the 20's, but MC D really stood out with their red zone defense. Dillon stood out with defense across the board. Dillon had quite a few chances to score and I think that would have done it. In hindsight it may have been smart to go for the field goal as they would have had another chance for another field goal. Hard to know that though. Dillon QB made some things happen, but those opportunities weren't there in the red zone. I was expecting another pass or two to try to go to the corner of the end zone. Dillon had their chances and they played well enough to put themselves in that position.

MC struggled some on O, but credit the D. Both sides for that matter. MC likes to run. QB will take off, but looks like the passing game isn't in synch yet.

Two very good teams that will be working on their Offense. The officiating was crazy and was even hard to know what they called. The Dillon receiver looked to catch the ball for a TD, so I assume he was out of bounds. I had no way of telling where his feet were on the MC side. Of course, there was a flag on the play and I think eventually they waived it off. I don't know what happened.

Dillons botched fair catch hurt. The fumble hurt along with a few interception drops. Those type mistakes usually costs you in a game like this. I don't think MC had any turnovers.

I usually like to see more scoring, but this was a battle of the defenses. Glad I went. Great matchup between these two and both teams played hard. You can't ask for more that that.

Thought the penalties on MC D kept most drives alive for Dillon. Dillon also made some plays but their offense was not electric by any measure.

Note MC had two punts of less than 15 yards in critical field position.

MC also had some defensive drops.

On the catch I think you are citing the receiver was out of bounds. There were a lot flags and only remember one being waved off.

MC played at times like they looked, ragged and somewhat confused. Gold, red, yellow, lime, and green cleats to go with black and white plus multiple colors of gloves, socks, and spats. Call me old fashion but it looks terrible. Does that signify a lot of individuals? Once again saw a stupid personal foul penalty on MC player cost them huge. Was glad to see the HC dig in his butt.

This thread is the reason nobody will play Dillon down there. If you win big its what you are supposed to do. Win a close game your overrated. Lose??? You suck.

They play the toughest schedule of any school in the history of North Carolina. On the road at Dillon, Butler and RH Southpointe and home against national power Byrnes. Thats before they play the toughest conf schedule in the state.

They struggled some on offense. First game for a new QB and just a brutally officiated game. They will be just fine

Reactions: Champ_24
Hands down the WORST officials I have ever seen. I have read other post that basically said the same thing, as to how it was worse on MC. Them Refs huddled as much as either team on that field did. If you throw a flag for something, move the freakin ball and start the clock....these guys had to discuss in a huddle a dely of game call. These Refs did not favor anyone, they was just BAD. The touchdown that Dillon got called back because of a delay of game may have been a delay, but you draw attention to the call when you wait and throw the flag after the play has developed into a long run....???? MC need not think they they got robbed, because your Offensive line was holding ALL NIGHT LONG.

The game was a great game as I would have expected it to be. CONGRATULATIONS to Mallard Creek on the win. Going solely on rankings, I think the 1300th or so ranked Dillon Wildcats did well against the 10th ranked (5th in some poles) Mallard Creek. I personally think they have the rankings messed up a little.

I must say that I am very proud of my beloved Dillon Wildcats, they played ball against one of the better teams in the nation. The Nastycat Defense was just that..... NASTY, remember, our BEST defensive player didn't play Defense, he started at Quarterback for the first time. A botched punt return, a bobbled ball on the 2 yard line, and turnovers was the reason Dillon lost that game, because it was within our reach to win last night.

Thank you Mallard Creek fans for coming, I hope you enjoyed the trip. I believe that Dillon will travel to the creek next year.....can't wait. Good luck on your quest for 4 in a row, and again Congrats on your win. See you at the Creek.

There is not a return game scheduled to Charlotte. MC would welcome them to come up. Only game ever on the table was a game in Dillon.

There is not a return game scheduled to Charlotte. MC would welcome them to come up. Only game ever on the table was a game in Dillon.

I may have gotten some wrong info, but I was told it was a two year deal. One in Dillon and one at the creek.

Hands down the WORST officials I have ever seen. I have read other post that basically said the same thing, as to how it was worse on MC. Them Refs huddled as much as either team on that field did. If you throw a flag for something, move the freakin ball and start the clock....these guys had to discuss in a huddle a dely of game call. These Refs did not favor anyone, they was just BAD. The touchdown that Dillon got called back because of a delay of game may have been a delay, but you draw attention to the call when you wait and throw the flag after the play has developed into a long run....???? MC need not think they they got robbed, because your Offensive line was holding ALL NIGHT LONG.

The game was a great game as I would have expected it to be. CONGRATULATIONS to Mallard Creek on the win. Going solely on rankings, I think the 1300th or so ranked Dillon Wildcats did well against the 10th ranked (5th in some poles) Mallard Creek. I personally think they have the rankings messed up a little.

I must say that I am very proud of my beloved Dillon Wildcats, they played ball against one of the better teams in the nation. The Nastycat Defense was just that..... NASTY, remember, our BEST defensive player didn't play Defense, he started at Quarterback for the first time. A botched punt return, a bobbled ball on the 2 yard line, and turnovers was the reason Dillon lost that game, because it was within our reach to win last night.

Thank you Mallard Creek fans for coming, I hope you enjoyed the trip. I believe that Dillon will travel to the creek next year.....can't wait. Good luck on your quest for 4 in a row, and again Congrats on your win. See you at the Creek.

Dillon TD was called back because of an illegal shift.

Dillon is a great squad and a fun place to play but my gut feeling is you have seen the last trip down there by MC or possibly any other NC team. I don't quibble so much with the penalties called but the delays, changing of the downs by the chain crew and the last series had two plays ran with zero time off the clock. Dillon is just WAY to good to need any of that crap.

37 straight is impressive. Good luck and hope you guys get that one for the thumb.

Dillon TD was called back because of an illegal shift.

Dillon is a great squad and a fun place to play but my gut feeling is you have seen the last trip down there by MC or possibly any other NC team. I don't quibble so much with the penalties called but the delays, changing of the downs by the chain crew and the last series had two plays ran with zero time off the clock. Dillon is just WAY to good to need any of that crap.

37 straight is impressive. Good luck and hope you guys get that one for the thumb.

Dillonation was NOT happy with the Officials last night. They were confused on every call they made and handled that game in a very unprofessional manner. We cannot apologize for something we had know control over. Quite frankly other than Mallard Creek, no other NC team that amounts to anything wants to play Dillon. I can understand that even Mallard Creek may shy away from Dillon from now on regardless of where the game is. One thing for sure, That Nastycat Defense was in the house!!! I would like to know the final stats. I bet MC didn't have much more than 100 yards. Good luck on the rest of you season, hope to see these two teams play again.....

Dillonation was NOT happy with the Officials last night. They were confused on every call they made and handled that game in a very unprofessional manner. We cannot apologize for something we had know control over. Quite frankly other than Mallard Creek, no other NC team that amounts to anything wants to play Dillon. I can understand that even Mallard Creek may shy away from Dillon from now on regardless of where the game is. One thing for sure, That Nastycat Defense was in the house!!! I would like to know the final stats. I bet MC didn't have much more than 100 yards. Good luck on the rest of you season, hope to see these two teams play again.....

The defense played great. Look...its a tough place to win. You don't win 37 straight games without being very good. You knew walking in there that they would be ready and they would fight tooth and nail. I thought there would be a little more scoring but not a ton.

Zereon is a very tough kid as is Allen. Hard runners.

That said some of the fun of playing there gets taken away when you see some of that stuff. You expect some calls wont go your way, that's just the way it goes but this was WAY more than a few questionable calls. There was some blatant attempts to alter the outcome of the game not just by refs but by others. That leaves a pretty bad taste in my opinion.

Come on guys, let's stop it. There was bad calls on both sides. The next play after our touchdown was called back, there was a blatant pass interference on number 4 and it was ignored. How about in the fourth when our receiver caught a TD and the pass interference was called, but we didn't get the points. The creek won the game fair and square. We had our opportunities, but we didn't take advantage. So don't act like you guys didn't get any calls your way.

Reactions: Wildcatsback2back
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT