ADVERTISEMENT

Maiden 28 Lincolnton 21

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
Maiden runs the table in the South Fork conference going undefeated.
This was a good game. The Wolves made a good effort but could not finish it.
The Blue Devils found a way to win which is the mark of a good team.
Congratulations to Maiden and particularly Ace Ten Seven Eleven. All the best in the playoffs.
Great effort, Wolves. Play hard next week.

Im proud of the improvement we have made from the beginning of the season until now. Wasn't able to be at the game last night but from what I have heard we had a chance to win late. Even though we have lost some close games we very well could have finished second in this conference if we had a break or two. It seems like we have finally found a formula for success (Harris) and defense has been playing better. Hopefully we get a favorable first round match up and can pull off an "upset", the playoffs is the start of a new season and I like our chances to steal a game or two possibly. Congrats to the Blue Devils but man it sucks to lose to them two years in a row.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Im proud of the improvement we have made from the beginning of the season until now. Wasn't able to be at the game last night but from what I have heard we had a chance to win late. Even though we have lost some close games we very well could have finished second in this conference if we had a break or two. It seems like we have finally found a formula for success (Harris) and defense has been playing better. Hopefully we get a favorable first round match up and can pull off an "upset", the playoffs is the start of a new season and I like our chances to steal a game or two possibly. Congrats to the Blue Devils but man it sucks to lose to them two years in a row.

What’s up with the future of Lincolnton? I know whenever they have a down year which is not often they always bounce back the next year with full force.

Who won the JV game between them and North? They say North has a pretty good JV team with a few good ones thatll be difference makers next year.

What’s up with the future of Lincolnton? I know whenever they have a down year which is not often they always bounce back the next year with full force.

Who won the JV game between them and North? They say North has a pretty good JV team with a few good ones thatll be difference makers next year.
I haven't seen any JV games this year but I've heard some pretty good things. Most of the young talent has been playing up on Varsity the last few games. Goo Wyatts nephew is a freshman running back for us, NO. 8, who looks to be promising but other than that I don't think we will be contending for a title for awhile. The middle school only had 12 players this year and it sounds like the well could start to run dry. I've been hearing that coach C will be taking over at the middle school soon so I have faith that we will start getting the kids back out there.

I haven't seen any JV games this year but I've heard some pretty good things. Most of the young talent has been playing up on Varsity the last few games. Goo Wyatts nephew is a freshman running back for us, NO. 8, who looks to be promising but other than that I don't think we will be contending for a title for awhile. The middle school only had 12 players this year and it sounds like the well could start to run dry. I've been hearing that coach C will be taking over at the middle school soon so I have faith that we will start getting the kids back out there.

Hate to hear that bout Lincolnton if that’s the middle school and JV team ur talking about. 12 kids?? 12 kids?? Man that’s a basketball team. Not literally but yeah some basketball teams carry higher numbers than 12.

I’m starting to wander if the crime drugs and technology are ruining our kids this much to were sports is starting to lose its zeal and be a thing of the past. I know one thing, my son will play ball when he gets big and off that couch. He’s only 1 right now lol.

Hate to hear that bout Lincolnton if that’s the middle school and JV team ur talking about. 12 kids?? 12 kids?? Man that’s a basketball team. Not literally but yeah some basketball teams carry higher numbers than 12.

I’m starting to wander if the crime drugs and technology are ruining our kids this much to were sports is starting to lose its zeal and be a thing of the past. I know one thing, my son will play ball when he gets big and off that couch. He’s only 1 right now lol.
Yeah it was pitiful this year for the middle school. Our middle school team is never really good but we've always had decent participation. I think a lot of the problem comes from the youth league not being what it used to. Boger City Optimist was a powerhouse for years that fed Lincolnton and they have since merged with another organization that doesn't have the same "swagger" that the steelers used to have. There was one BC Steeler team that featured around 12 or 15 future college players which is crazy, but also the coaching at the youth level honestly sucks now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT