ADVERTISEMENT

MAC recap 2009-2016

AHSDYNASY

Jul 25, 2007
Well since the MAC will be changing next year, thought it would be cool to look back at the last 8 years of the current version of the MAC.

Overall MAC Champions:

2009-Asheville
2010-Reynolds
2011-Asheville
2012-Reynolds/Roberson
2013-Asheville
2014-Asheville
2015-Reynolds
2016-Reynolds

Conference Records:

1. Asheville 40-8
2. Reynolds 39-9
3. Erwin 34-14
4. Roberson 25-23
5. Enka 11-37
6. NB 10-38
7. McDowell 9-39

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I thought we got a piece of the conference championship in 2012? We beat Reynolds that year

We had to have at least had a share of the MAC championship because nobody finished ahead of us from 2005-2014. 11 straight Mac championships remember?

Y'all were still 4a in 2012? I'm confused. Why do they always say 11 straight Mac championships then in the citizen times?

"The MAC officially recognizes a 3-A and 4-A champion in every team sport, and last year was the first time in 11 years that Asheville didn’t win a conference football title."

So we must not have been in the same class if that were the case then I assume

If I recall in 2112 ACR,MCDOWELL AND TCR were all 4a. Erwin and Asheville were 3a. I think Erwin shared the title that year. Right or wrong? (Erwin defeated Asheville that year)

Last edited:
We had to have at least had a share of the MAC championship because nobody finished ahead of us from 2005-2014. 11 straight Mac championships remember?

You had a share of the 3a portion of the MAC Championship. I believe he was just posting the overall champion for each season. Like in 2010 ACR went undefeated in the MAC but Asheville won the 3a portion since ACR was still 4a.

Yeah Asheville won the 3a side in 2010, and tied with Erwin on the 3a side in 2012. Reynolds moved down to 3a in 2013.

no. They are the only ones that win championships on a consistent basis.:)

We are all aware of that. Us bottom feeder Erwin fans have been reminded of it about a million times on here over the years. With that being said, I have enjoyed talking smack with you fools the last 10 years. Looks like this board will die Friday. Hope to see you over on cp though.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
NCPREPS has decided to keep the 1A-4A boards free. There is a thread about it in here! Great news!

Is it me or does this week layover seem like forever as well as it takes some of the excitement about the playoffs away.

I agree. Even though I won't be able to attend any of ACRs playoff games, it still seems like so long since they played.

Reactions: BD Warrior
WHAT???? that seems illegal!!

I know. It is very difficult for me to not be going. I am having hip replacement surgery on the opening Friday of the playoffs. Just one of the perks of playing so much football and baseball.

I know. It is very difficult for me to not be going. I am having hip replacement surgery on the opening Friday of the playoffs. Just one of the perks of playing so much football and baseball.

Oh man so sorry to hear that, prayers to you for a successful surgery and quick recovery!

Reactions: GG4BAMA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT