ADVERTISEMENT

MAC picks last week.

I haven't watched the whole game yet but what little I have seen, it looks like Ferguson is still hobbled pretty good. He is definitely limited in his mobility. You would think the coaches would make an adjustment for that limitation. Like I said though, I haven't watched the whole game yet. Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs unless you wind up playing ACR.

Well Ahscougar1 you made it all year without being one but you're still a dickhead as usual. Neither team will do jack in the playoffs. This game was 18-17 late in the 3rd and Asheville does what Asheville does best, trick plays. Two in a row. Unfortunately that crap works sometimes. As for Ferguson, he lit you up last season and was playing with an injury tonight. Probably the worst game he has played all season. Anyways, to all the Cougar fans on here other than Evan congrats! You guys have been very humble and it's been fun posting on this board over the years. I wish all the mtn teams good luck in the playoffs this year but let's face it, little 1A is the only chance we have at a title. It's just really weak in that division statewide most every year.

lol Thats what I said last year about neither of us having a chance in the playoffs after yall beat us and you were livid about it.

I tell you what, David Burdette is a players coach. Players love playing for him. A very high energy guy.
I

But why be such a jerk about it. Taking shots at a high school kid like Ferguson. The kid was obviously hurt tonight and if you had seen him play all season you could tell. He has had a very good career and he is great kid. Erwin played one bad 4qtr of football and now they are somehow trash? Anyone that was there knows how close this game was for most of it. I honestly don't care anymore really. I get burnt out with the bs on here. I love my warriors and will always support them win or lose. I just get sick of the kids on here.

I haven't watched the whole game yet but what little I have seen, it looks like Ferguson is still hobbled pretty good. He is definitely limited in his mobility. You would think the coaches would make an adjustment for that limitation. Like I said though, I haven't watched the whole game yet. Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs unless you wind up playing ACR.

He definitely wasn't the same player that you seen play Reynolds. There was no zip on his passes and he couldn't plant his leg to throw. That's not the reason we lost but it did hurt. Coaches have to be ready for those trick plays, especially playing Asheville.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Do you think the Erwin coaches should have just held him out until the playoffs? I know he wants to play and all but that kind of stuff can set a guy back confidence wise. Just asking for opinions.

Do you think the Erwin coaches should have just held him out until the playoffs? I know he wants to play and all but that kind of stuff can set a guy back confidence wise. Just asking for opinions.
He clearly was off tonight. That was the worse game I have seen play. Clearly the kid wanted to play on senior night against a big opponent. Asheville killed us with scheme. They ran a 3 wide out stack play and we finally adjusted after 3 big plays but we over adjusted. Then they ran the trick play. We seem to struggle with adjusting on the fly on both defense and offense.

Hats off to Asheville, I listened to radio broadcast and it sounds like they played a very good game and executed well on both sides of the ball.

He clearly was off tonight. That was the worse game I have seen play. Clearly the kid wanted to play on senior night against a big opponent. Asheville killed us with scheme. They ran a 3 wide out stack play and we finally adjusted after 3 big plays but we over adjusted. Then they ran the trick play. We seem to struggle with adjusting on the fly on both defense and offense.
Erwin has always done a great job of using the entire field. Since Garrett Brown played there, it seems like Sexton wants to get the defense moving side to side. Go back and watch film from tonight and look at how many tackles we miss on the sidelines. Every play it seemed like we were making a tackle (or missing one) on the sideline.

Congrats Asheville. You deserve this win and your coaches should get most of the credit. My best to Coach Metcalf who I centered the ball to his senior year at Erwin. Great win for him and his family. Hopefully we will be in better health in two weeks. As for the playoffs, good luck and represent the Mac well. P. S. I still don't like you either.

Well Ahscougar1 you made it all year without being one but you're still a dickhead as usual. Neither team will do jack in the playoffs. This game was 18-17 late in the 3rd and Asheville does what Asheville does best, trick plays. Two in a row. Unfortunately that crap works sometimes. As for Ferguson, he lit you up last season and was playing with an injury tonight. Probably the worst game he has played all season. Anyways, to all the Cougar fans on here other than AHS congrats! You guys have been very humble and it's been fun posting on this board over the years. I wish all the mtn teams good luck in the playoffs this year but let's face it, little 1A is the only chance we have at a title. It's just really weak in that division statewide most every year.
Why do you always have to call me names dude? lol And you always bring up the trick plays. Like for example in 2013 when we beat your undefeated team you said, "Danny got us with his trick plays and mind numbing football, most boring game I have ever seen." Then tonight you say "Asheville does what it does best, run trick plays. Unfortunately that crap works." Well maybe you guys should run some then! Instead of calling me a dickhead, maybe you should go tell Mike Sexton "Hey coach, I think asheville may run some odd ball stuff tonight."?

Then you do your typical excuses thing you always do after a loss. In 2013 after we beat you, it was this "Oh yea, I am sure Erwin not having a group of top playmakers had nothing to do with the loss." Tonight it was the "well Ferguson was hurt and it was probably the worst game he has played all season".

Well in 2012 you guys beat us twice and we didnt have our starting RB, nobody brought that up. You see, you love to give it out, but you dont like taking it. The Erwin qb was clearly not 100 percent, but thats how it goes. Everybody knows hes a good qb. He tried to tough it out so kudos to him.

Compare you calling me a dickhead tonight to what I said last year when yall beat us.

11/9/2015 "Gowarrior I have to tell you personally. Congrats. I will never compare scores from other games again. This will now go down as the worst team in the Wilkins era as far as the MAC in concerned. We have never finished in 3rd place in the MAC before the last 15 years and that's what we did tonight. Coach Sexton is a hell of a coach and you can just watch his team and know they are well coached. Last year we pummeled Ferguson all night and he was rattled. This game tonight it was clear as day that they game planned for him to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.
As for us, where do I begin. Erwins players wanted it more, Erwins fans wanted it more and Erwins coaches wanted it more. Erwin hasn't beaten Asheville at Asheville High in a minimum 15 years. They deserved to win and mostly, we deserved to lose"

Last year Erwin beat Asheville 20-6 on senior night and BDwarrior said to me
"Thanks for being classy Ahscougar1. We have had our heated exchanges over the years but you have been class act this year. I get burnt out on the same ol crap on here hence the break from the board for a while"

This year we beat Erwin on senior night and he calls me a dickhead.

See you love giving it, you just dont take it very well.

Wow is all I have to say. By far our best game of the season. Offense executed to near perfection. Asheville just outplayed and outcoached Erwin tonight.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
Last year Erwin beat Asheville 20-6 on senior night and BDwarrior said to me
"Thanks for being classy Ahscougar1. We have had our heated exchanges over the years but you have been class act this year. I get burnt out on the same ol crap on here hence the break from the board for a while"

This year we beat Erwin on senior night and he calls me a dickhead.

See you love giving it, you just dont take it very well.

I apologize for calling you a dickhead but you kinda were last night. Instead of congratulating your team and coaches on a big win all you wanted to do was take shots at a high school kid who was clearly not himself last night and call a team weak because your team played ONE qtr of better football than we did. You contradicted yourself with the quote posted above. Unlike you I was humble and congratulatory after our win over Asheville last year. You were just taking shots at our kids this year. We have been posting on here for a long time and this stuff can be so childish. Erwin and Asheville will have some more good games in the near future because contrary to what you say every year Erwin will be ok. They beat Asheville middle and jv so it's not like they are terrible coming up. From the looks of it this board is about to die as we know it so I hope we can all continue this on CP.

This has really ended up being a disappointing season for Erwin. Can't believe with the the team they had coming back they ended up tied for 3rd in the conference.

This is my first post but I have read on here for years, I seen it will be changes on here so I just wanted to inform everyone in wnc if you wanna talk wnc football to join a facebook group that I'm apart of called nc mountain football , no more hiding behind a screen name

This is my first post but I have read on here for years, I seen it will be changes on here so I just wanted to inform everyone in wnc if you wanna talk wnc football to join a facebook group that I'm apart of called nc mountain football , no more hiding behind a screen name

I just sent in my request to join NC Mountain Football on FB. Looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

I am going to check it out. I would love to see some faces behind the names.

I am, Hope you are doing well too ahscougar1. Did you watch it on tv last night, didn't see you there?

I haven't posted much on here this year, but I did watch the game last night. Aside from all the bitching and griping going on, the best thing I saw throughout the whole game was players on both sides helping each other up and patting each other after almost every play. Every kid on the field on both sides was playing their butts off, but you could tell they also had loads of respect for each other. Glad my Cougars won, but honestly I'm proud of both teams for their sportsmanship. Not something you see in this day and age.

I haven't posted much on here this year, but I did watch the game last night. Aside from all the bitching and griping going on, the best thing I saw throughout the whole game was players on both sides helping each other up and patting each other after almost every play. Every kid on the field on both sides was playing their butts off, but you could tell they also had loads of respect for each other. Glad my Cougars won, but honestly I'm proud of both teams for their sportsmanship. Not something you see in this day and age.

Great post. I reacted to the things ahscougar said and I shouldn't have said what I did. All of the other Cougar fans on here have been all class. The players are as well. It was cool seeing the Asheville and Erwin qb out there last night. They were both the qb's for the best team I have ever seen at Erwin middle. Devon was the back up but he has improved so much over the years. The same for Damien. Who knows, if Erwin pulls off a upset in the first rd we might play Asheville again. I would love that. It will be very hard for us to get that first win although if I was a high seeded team I would not want Erwin as the first rd "cupcake" game either...

Hope to see all you guys on CP when this site shuts down Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT