ADVERTISEMENT

MA @ STARMOUNT

gdawg74

Nov 4, 2006
Let’s keep it classy and not trashy !! This is the one we been waiting for. They say the Bears are down a bit and this is the best addition of the Rams in years. Let’s get it started.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
It is time to play on the new turf. It should be a good one. Bears are not as explosive this year, but they gonna be tough to beat. I will wait to pass my judgement on the Rams until after I see them play. Good luck to both teams and hope the game is injury free.

Bears 🏈 now 1-0 in NW 1A w/55-0 win over NST; 300+ yds “O”; Taeshon Martin 5-116 3TD includes 15 yd “pick6” & 2-2pt runs; DJ Joyce 4-44 2TD, John Martin & Cashton Revels had scores; Kylan Mason 11-76, “D” allows negative yards; at Starmount next GO 🐻

I will say that no matter who wins I think this game will benefit both teams. They both need this game although it would be nice if it was later in the year to prepare for the playoffs. Hopefully all players make it through the battle with no serious injuries.

Starmount program is headed back to the way it used to be. I'm not positive but I think the middle school team has been undefeated the past 3-4 years including beating Mt Airy 20-0 this week. Starmount JV team is very good as well. Similar to Varsity, they're big up front and surrounded by athletes and can pass.

I will say that no matter who wins I think this game will benefit both teams. They both need this game although it would be nice if it was later in the year to prepare for the playoffs. Hopefully all players make it through the battle with no serious injuries.

Starmount program is headed back to the way it used to be. I'm not positive but I think the middle school team has been undefeated the past 3-4 years including beating Mt Airy 20-0 this week. Starmount JV team is very good as well. Similar to Varsity, they're big up front and surrounded by athletes and can pass.
Yep. Last year 35 to 6 year before 25 to 0 JV scores. Heading in right direction I'd say.

Reactions: RealStihl
Yep. Last year 35 to 6 year before 25 to 0 JV scores. Heading in right direction I'd say.
And by saying heading in the right direction does that not signify moving forward? If so then why bring up past years as if that has anything to do with what I said?

What do you think it's gonna be this upcoming Thursday? And the next 2-3 years after that?
Don't see Rams winning any time. Not physical enough. Not enough talent. But that's still not saying rams are not really good. I'd say this year will be closest JV was 25 to 0 apples to apples. You guys added three really good kids though. Mt airy was without 4 and 71 two years ago. Without 22 71 1 12 and 4 last year and it was a blistering. Bad. I'd say this year I'll go with Massey. 42 to 7. Next year about the same. 3 years is when Rams have a shot but who knows they may not play depending on realignment. I hope they do though. 2 really good teams in the area and they should play.

Reactions: sbbbfan
And by saying heading in the right direction does that not signify moving forward? If so then why bring up past years as if that has anything to do with what I said?
Because there is a lot of talk about middle school which hardly ever translates. Rams are usually bigger and that wins in middle school. The development in weight room and speed is just not there. Not like it is at bears. Best thing you guys did was hire pardue. He will tell Dad's to stfu and will bring the nasty I just think it's going to take a little while.

What do you think it's gonna be this upcoming Thursday? And the next 2-3 years after that?
I don't really have a whole lot of insight on this Thursday I'm sorry I read your statement wrong. Haven't seen the Rams JV's play yet although they are scoring a lot of points

Reactions: NCBBFB
Because there is a lot of talk about middle school which hardly ever translates. Rams are usually bigger and that wins in middle school. The development in weight room and speed is just not there. Not like it is at bears. Best thing you guys did was hire pardue. He will tell Dad's to stfu and will bring the nasty I just think it's going to take a little while.
I think having Pardue and the atmosphere back will trickle down to the middle school teams and believe it's already started and hopefully they will continue to develop the way the Bears have been able to with their program. Pardue is a heck of a coach

I don't really have a whole lot of insight on this Thursday I'm sorry I read your statement wrong. Haven't seen the Rams JV's play yet although they are scoring a lot of points
I haven't seen Mt Airy JV's either. Don't know how this one plays out. Maybe someone else can fill us in??.

I think having Pardue and the atmosphere back will trickle down to the middle school teams and believe it's already started and hopefully they will continue to develop the way the Bears have been able to with their program. Pardue is a heck of a coach
He was the right hire last year should of got him then

Starmount needs to make someone besides #4 beat them. Also the MA QB is very good but this will be his first real test in most likely a tight game. Should be a good one.

Unfortunately I got some bad news. I was planning on coming up to see this game. My heart was so set on coming. But due to unforeseen situation I have family coming in next weekend. So I want be able to make it. But I will definitely plan coming at a later time. Of all times I will be missing a good game. Best of luck to two good programs.

This game will have a little family rivalry going on to spice things up more. As mentioned before I believe #4 Martin from MA is cousins with the Billips twins from Starmount. Then you have the whole #15 Taylor(MA) situation that happened over the summer. See previous thread for details on that

This game will have a little family rivalry going on to spice things up more. As mentioned before I believe #4 Martin from MA is cousins with the Billips twins from Starmount. Then you have the whole #15 Taylor(MA) situation that happened over the summer. See previous thread for details on that
I think 4 s dad played at Starmount too on the state championship team

I think 4 s dad played at Starmount too on the state championship team
Yes he did. He was a good player. I think he still lives in Jonesville area. I was thinking Martin's mom lives in the Mt Airy district. 4 is a special talent. He just needs to come to his senses and put on the Orange and Blue for his Senior year 😂

Reactions: DeacsnRams
Game is at STM on new field new bleachers video board. Should be great atmosphere. I expect a close hard fought battle. Pressure all on MA. Could go either way and could see these 2 again in playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT