ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte vs Mallard Creek

On the video I sure heard a lot of fans yelling defense for mallard creek to not be in attendance... Some were there

How if they were made to leave? LOL doesn't matter to me im just curious

How if they were made to leave? LOL doesn't matter to me im just curious
They tried to make people leave on both sides WC was the side that the chaos started. It was pretty much empty. A few Creek fans hung out along the gate, and stayed.

Was there myself. Sad situation to a good game. Never heard any gunshots or saw any fights. Just people running around crazy. Was alot of non WC, non MC at the game. Wasn't a WC or MC issue. It's a culture issue. Even after being told to remain calm and no emergency one person runs then 2 run then everyone running for no reason. It's a culture issue...... SMH
Identical to Monroe/FH last year.

Lot of the Creek kids checked out after the Fiasco. They were ready to go home. Last year during the JV game there were shots fired. Who wants to play football after sprinting off the field because of an alleged gun, and 1000 kids running and people jumping on the ground, afraid they might get hit by a stray bullet. If I’m Creek Admin, no way I’m going back to West Charlotte and stepping foot on their football field.

Lot of the Creek kids checked out after the Fiasco. They were ready to go home. Last year during the JV game there were shots fired. Who wants to play football after sprinting off the field because of an alleged gun, and 1000 kids running and people jumping on the ground, afraid they might get hit by a stray bullet. If I’m Creek Admin, no way I’m going back to West Charlotte and stepping foot on their football field.
That will for sure set a precedent. Then how would Dub c ever host a game?

West Charlotte offense isn’t that great. Creeks offense isn’t that great as well. Lots of athletes on defense for both squads. QB play is questionable at best for both teams.

Couple years ago when I went to see South Iredell at West Cabarrus I was sitting on the visitor side. Sometime in the 2nd half there were fans clearing on the home side. Not knowing what was going on fans from visitor side started clearing as well. Come to find out it was a false alarm. This has got out of hand. Sadly years ago you never witnessed stuff like this. Or least I didn’t.

West Charlotte offense isn’t that great. Creeks offense isn’t that great as well. Lots of athletes on defense for both squads. QB play is questionable at best for both teams.
Creek plays 3 QB”s. Which one is questionable? 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

The legendary NFL coach John Madden is credited with saying, “if you have two quarterbacks, you actually have none.

Gotta figure it out!

Reactions: beamer24
When I first got to North Carolina from Tennessee I stopped in West Charlotte to get gas and would have got mugged but Mr Smith & Wesson had different plans for those fellas. It's amazing how a conversation will change quickly when somebody has a talking stick 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: mrhonda and New3ra
The announcer did say for everyone to be seated or they would be asked to leave the game in the first half but hardly anyone moved. I think if everyone actually listened this wouldn’t have happened.

Also, West Charlotte did play without KD last night.

The FH/Monroe game is at Forest Hills this year. I hope they do a better job at keeping each sides fans separated from each other during the game this year. Also some patrols in the parking lots would help.
What’s crazy about the Creek vs WC game, there were not a lot of students in attendance for MC. It was mostly Adults on the Creek side. The problem is when you have 100’s of students on the West Charlotte side, who weren’t there for the game.

Reactions: FHJackets90
What’s crazy about the Creek vs WC game, there were not a lot of students in attendance for MC. It was mostly Adults on the Creek side. The problem is when you have 100’s of students on the West Charlotte side, who weren’t there for the game.
That's what the problem was between FH/Monroe last year. The brawl broke out among kids who weren't even there to watch the game. We had kids from FH, Monroe and even Anson Co. charged by the police.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Disagree fully with WC not hosting. Most of the kids there weren't WC students but kids that came for a BIG game and fun. Say what u want but WC is still one of the biggest draws in the city. Indy no problem, Monroe no issue. 2023 no issues, Palisades no issues with large crowd. Went to Hopewell game last year and they had incident. Been to a bunch of games non WC related and seen incidents. Went to youth ball games and seen incidents. ref just got beat in WS last week.

So this isn't a WC issue. They had more security last night than I'd ever seen, had a partition, police everywhere, metal detectors, school personnel and CMS security. What I didn't see were parents with these kids..... Also MC had an incident where there was a fight and kids arrested/suspended but it doesn't make the news and Langston ain't itching to post it like he does WC. Some of yall are biased in opinion/thoughts.

I'm with Chitwood. 365 ban, arrest and expulsion for anyone fighting at games or saying there's a gun or that activity. Make parents accompany children

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Disagree fully with WC not hosting. Most of the kids there weren't WC students but kids that came for a BIG game and fun. Say what u want but WC is still one of the biggest draws in the city. Indy no problem, Monroe no issue. 2023 no issues, Palisades no issues with large crowd. Went to Hopewell game last year and they had incident. Been to a bunch of games non WC related and seen incidents. Went to youth ball games and seen incidents. ref just got beat in WS last week.

So this isn't a WC issue. They had more security last night than I'd ever seen, had a partition, police everywhere, metal detectors, school personnel and CMS security. What I didn't see were parents with these kids.....
I said mostly West Charlotte kids, because you could count the number of kids on the Mallard Creek side. There was a sea of kids on the WC side. It was the band and very low numbers on the Creek side. Outside of WC winning last year at the Creek, our attendance numbers have always been low.

I said mostly West Charlotte kids, because you could count the number of kids on the Mallard Creek side. There was a sea of kids on the WC side. It was the band and very low numbers on the Creek side. Outside of WC winning last year at the Creek, our attendance numbers have always been low.
Son showed me the video. the fight was outside the stadium and it looks like people looking over the fence saw the disturbance and started running. It's a culture thing at this point. Hate to say it but it's culture.

My only point was that this happens at a bunch of non WC events and fights happen at other schools w/o the attention. WC has hosted many big games with no issues. There was chatter well before the game started thus all the security.

Son showed me the video. the fight was outside the stadium and it looks like people looking over the fence saw the disturbance and started running. It's a culture thing at this point. Hate to say it but it's culture.

My only point was that this happens at a bunch of non WC events and fights happen at other schools w/o the attention. WC has hosted many big games with no issues. There was chatter well before the game started thus all the security.
It’s 100% cultural bro.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Any major city from CLT - Winston - Raleigh- heck I’m sure Chicago , NY , FL, etc deal with this - I wish they either have more police presence or ALL schools need have their own Security staff like cms does

I set in my chair on the Creek sideline and didn’t budge, about 20 people ran past me. Although I never heard gun shots and figured it was just kids acting up. You can’t have over 500 kids running at once and expect people to stand still. Last year at the JV game it was definitely gun shots!

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Any major city from CLT - Winston - Raleigh- heck I’m sure Chicago , NY , FL, etc deal with this - I wish they either have more police presence or ALL schools need have their own Security staff like cms does
You would have thought Trump was in town they had so many police out. It's culture/parents.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996

I was on the WC side in the first half because I wanted to roll at halftime if it wasn't a good game( it wasn't).

It was the most kids I have seen in a game in Charlotte. Only Creek and Chambers has been close. Big Dadd is right though....most not their for the game and tons of kids from other HS. I was behind a ton of Hough kids.

All the kids near me were all behaving , a bit annoying with all the selfie taking but I am old. I got up to start heading out with about 3 minutes left in the half and struggled to get from stands to concession area. Just a sea of people and I thought to myself if something did happen there was no way the police there could handle. In the parking lot another 40-50 kids hanging out, some alot older than HS age.

Bigdadd- I'm curious, Is there a capacity cap for these games? I know at MC they won't allow anyone to just hangout in the walkway behind the stands. Teachers and administrators constantly forcing people into the stands.

Could A CMS school be held liable if someone would have been hurt or injured??

FYI- I thought Tinsley handled it very well in his interview post game. All Class.

Reactions: nepsy7
I was on the WC side in the first half because I wanted to roll at halftime if it wasn't a good game( it wasn't).

It was the most kids I have seen in a game in Charlotte. Only Creek and Chambers has been close. Big Dadd is right though....most not their for the game and tons of kids from other HS. I was behind a ton of Hough kids.

All the kids near me were all behaving , a bit annoying with all the selfie taking but I am old. I got up to start heading out with about 3 minutes left in the half and struggled to get from stands to concession area. Just a sea of people and I thought to myself if something did happen there was no way the police there could handle. In the parking lot another 40-50 kids hanging out, some alot older than HS age.

Bigdadd- I'm curious, Is there a capacity cap for these games? I know at MC they won't allow anyone to just hangout in the walkway behind the stands. Teachers and administrators constantly forcing people into the stands.

Could A CMS school be held liable if someone would have been hurt or injured??

FYI- I thought Tinsley handled it very well in his interview post game. All Class.

• Love
Reactions: New3ra

So this isn't a WC issue. They had more security last night than I'd ever seen, had a partition, police everywhere, metal detectors, school personnel and CMS security. What I didn't see were parents with these kids..... Also MC had an incident where there was a fight and kids arrested/suspended but it doesn't make the news and Langston ain't itching to post it like he does WC. Some of yall are biased in opinion/thoughts.

I'm with Chitwood. 365 ban, arrest and expulsion for anyone fighting at games or saying there's a gun or that activity. Make parents accompany children
Didn’t Langston go to West Charlotte?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT