ADVERTISEMENT

MA Bears at Eastern Randolph

get-out-of-here-go-now.gif

Man.....if there was ever a "Tale of three quarters/Tale of one quarter" game, this was it. I'll start with Mount Airy....

First things first.......what a spectacular performance from Tyler Mason. Forget buying him dinner, the MA staff needs to buy all three of his meals tomorrow. Mason saved MA's butt last night. His electric long run down the left sideline made "Big Mo' switch hats for good. Mason also had a very timely pick in the second quarter.

I expected Mason to fly down the field at least once.......I DID NOT expect the same thing outta Caleb Reid. Reid released the nitrous oxide on his long touchdown run. That run right there was the backbreaker for ER.

Both Reid and Ian Gallimore had awesome games on both sides of the ball. Walker Stroup also had a nice game. MA fans are going to remember his great touchdown catch in the second quarter. However, his excellent kicking/punting was just as crucial to MA's victory.

The MA receivers, as a whole, did an outstanding job of blocking (a little TOO good at times, perhaps?).

The unsung hero, IMO, for the Granite Bears was Camden Webster. Webster came alive on the D-line in the fourth quarter and was putting some serious pressure on Barwick. I was impressed with him.

MA exorcised their demon from last year. They kept it together very nicely. Great adjustments by the MA coaching staff. They stacked the box and dared ER to beat them through the air. Speaking of air.....MA has a pretty good secondary.

Last edited:
Now for ER.....

Awesome, awesome performance from Devonte Brooks. His touchdown run in the second quarter was flat-out spectacular. I really hate that he was having problems with his leg. Wildcat fans are going to miss you, Mr. Brooks.

Great performance from the ER O-Line. The Wildcats actually made MA's defense look mortal. I think they did a pretty good job containing Dandy.

Good, good games from Julian Brooks, Jani Norwood, Pierce Leonard, and Nicah Taylor on the defensive side. Ervodd Cassidy ran the football well.

Wildcat fans are also really going to miss Mr. Stratton Barwick. He's been really cool to watch at the QB position.

As a whole, pretty darn good performance from ER. They had the Mount Airy crowd sweating bullets. The Wildcats just got "Out Big-Played". That was a rough fourth quarter. I do think the Cats got a little overconfident and took the foot off the pedal a couple of times. Can't do that against a team like MA.

However, it was another great season in Ramseur. Cats added another trophy to the case and got a little farther down the state road. I actually think they overachieved quite a bit. Seniors.......we'll miss you guys.

Great report Chute Box. A well played game by both squads. An ill timed holding call on ER in 3rd qrtr to me seemed to turn the mo around and stopped a drive. At that point MA seemed to kick it into another gear. Also the int in first half and fumble in second half. Reid really took over in 4th qrtr and made some strong runs. Congratulations to both teams. Unfortunately one season is over.

I made the 1 hour trip not being a fan of either team but just enjoy watching good teams and matchups. It was well worth the trip and will have to say sitting on the bears side they have good support.
You are welcome to come to Mayberry next week. Need all the support we can get this late in season. Was a real good crowd for sure

I commented to my wife on how vocal the MA fans were tonight!!! Brooks is an absolute warrior! His injury played a BIG role in MAs win!!! Cassidy is a tough back too. Hard to 2nd guess Coaches but ER went away from their ground attack after MA took the 21-17 lead. Both lines for ER are very physical (but don't tell RVILLE that)!!! Players from both teams were helping each other up after big hits all night! Saw Reid consoling a ER LB after the game. Great sportsmanship!!!

Now next year…
Don’t anybody from anywhere come on here saying ER is a mystery. Mr Chute Boxe Hero has been doing these excellent recaps after every game he attends. Heck I watch a lot of these games and look forward to reading what he thought about it.
I would add one thing about Devonte Brooks. Everyone saw how important he was offensively. I think ER was hurt more defensively by his absence in that 4th quarter. He was a huge reason Mt Airy was having a hard time initially.
But as is our way down here we tip our hats to the Bears and wish them well.
We also tip same hats to the seniors and thank them for their efforts.
And that’s all I have to say about that…

Now next year…
Don’t anybody from anywhere come on here saying ER is a mystery. Mr Chute Boxe Hero has been doing these excellent recaps after every game he attends. Heck I watch a lot of these games and look forward to reading what he thought about it.
I would add one thing about Devonte Brooks. Everyone saw how important he was offensively. I think ER was hurt more defensively by his absence in that 4th quarter. He was a huge reason Mt Airy was having a hard time initially.
Agree 100 percent as good as he was offensively he was even better at line backer.

Reactions: thekidd12
Now next year…
Appreciate the great hospitality last night but one gripe. Need bigger bags of popcorn

2nd half MA had 196 yds offense and held ER to 47yds MA scored 21 pts in 4th qrt.
We know buzz…
Everybody knows ER was ahead 17-14 going into 4th quarter…
Reason you you only posted a couple of times before then including something about have coaches never heard of a screen pass??? 😂😂😂

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I commented to my wife on how vocal the MA fans were tonight!!! Brooks is an absolute warrior! His injury played a BIG role in MAs win!!! Cassidy is a tough back too. Hard to 2nd guess Coaches but ER went away from their ground attack after MA took the 21-17 lead. Both lines for ER are very physical (but don't tell RVILLE that)!!! Players from both teams were helping each other up after big hits all night! Saw Reid consoling a ER LB after the game. Great sportsmanship!!!
Good post...
Apparently your opinion of physical is not as important as others but I firmly believe you are entitled to it...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We know buzz…
Everybody knows ER was ahead 17-14 going into 4th quarter…
Reason you you only posted a couple of times before then including something about have coaches never heard of a screen pass??? 😂😂😂
I said ER loading box how about a screen pass. Moving on. How dare me post stats. I thought that was a good job and adjustment by coaching staff. Sorry it made you mad good greif.

I said ER loading box how about a screen pass. Moving on. How dare me post stats. I thought that was a good job and adjustment by coaching staff. Sorry it made you mad good greif.
Brother nothing on this digital playground “makes me mad” Moving on. Carrying on. It’s a theme on here. As has been already posted quite a few times Mt Airy dominated 4th quarter. Also as has been posted quite a few times that domination coincided with a key injury to an ER player. If that was part of adjustments made by coaching staff to recognize such and take advantage of it then they did a fine job.
Again you can’t make me mad. Now TD? He’s mad.
I’ll be around baseball forum in spring. How does Mt Airy do in that sport? I honestly have no idea…

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Brother nothing on this digital playground “makes me mad” Moving on. Carrying on. It’s a theme on here. As has been already posted quite a few times Mt Airy dominated 4th quarter. Also as has been posted quite a few times that domination coincided with a key injury to an ER player. If that was part of adjustments made by coaching staff to recognize such and take advantage of it then they did a fine job.
I’ll be around baseball forum in spring. How does Mt Airy do in that sport? I honestly have no idea…
You would think the BEARS lost the way BUZZ is acting. For the life of me, I just can't see his problem. I would hate to see his house today, broken dishes. the front door crashed in and pee all the way to the bathroom where he couldn't make it, he was so mad. POOR BUZZ, I do have prayers for him.

Fair at best and that's not often

Reactions: thekidd12
Fair at best and that's not often
I dug a little deeper after posting. Looks like last year was best they had done in a while. Randolph County kinda famous for their baseball. ER has struggled a little since baby boy’s class graduated but last year’s run to the fourth round in 1A has them a little excited again

You would think the BEARS lost the way BUZZ is acting. For the life of me, I just can't see his problem. I would hate to see his house today, broken dishes. the front door crashed in and pee all the way to the bathroom where he couldn't make it, he was so mad. POOR BUZZ, I do have prayers for him.
Hanging out with my beautiful wife today. Why would I be mad over your stupid crap. Just stop plz and let's talk football.

Hanging out with my beautiful wife today. Why would I be mad over your stupid crap. Just stop plz and let's talk football.
Tell your wife hey…
Only reason I’m answering is I was included in quote of post…
Think, hopefully, post was actually meant for second quote…
Enjoy your day.

Congratulations to the Bears on a well earned win against a very good Eastern Randolph team. The Bears and coaching staff performed very well and showed a lot of poise when the score was not in the Bears’ favor. I was very impressed with our defensive tenacity in the fourth quarter. Also, the explosiveness of our running backs along with the will to move the ball was awesome. If they keep up the good work, stay focused, and continue to work as a team, the team can accomplish their goals. Lets go Bears!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT