ADVERTISEMENT

MA Bears at Eastern Randolph

Hey Mt Airy baseball actually pretty good. I just looked. Third round loss to South Stokes last year. WOW…
Bring y’all’s traveling circus to baseball forums next spring…
The four of us that post need some new blood…👍
They did have a pitcher that I believe was rated as the top left handed pitcher in the nation. I think he went to play in Florida for more competition. Not sure if he graduated or not. Maybe someone else could fill in the details.

Reactions: thekidd12
They did have a pitcher that I believe was rated as the top left handed pitcher in the nation. I think he went to play in Florida for more competition. Not sure if he graduated or not. Maybe someone else could fill in the details.
He was just drafted & signed by the Cubs. He moved down to IMG Academy to finish his HS career and dominated the competition. I believe he was drafted in the 40s.

He was just drafted & signed by the Cubs. He moved down to IMG Academy to finish his HS career and dominated the competition. I believe he was drafted in the 40s.
Jackson Ferris. No wonder I had not heard of him. Says he went to IMG after sophomore year. Happy for him though. Being drafted 47th overall meant signing bonus in 3M range. Can’t blame his family for IMG route. They get people seen even though I hate the “puppy mill” concept when it comes to teenage athletes.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Ferris went South when Covid hit….had to keep playing…..nothing against MA just a move that had to be made….
Great for him like I said. Was the thing to do. I have three college educated children and not sure any will make 3M in their lifetimes. I hope they do but…
I love to see any athlete getting paid while chasing their dream. Will definitely try to follow him from now on.

Good left hand pitching talent in this area. Folger Boaz at East Surry and Josh Hartle at Wake Forest was supposed to go to West Stokes but went to Reagan. He would have been drafted if he had chosen to stay in.

Reactions: thekidd12
Good left hand pitching talent in this area. Folger Boaz at East Surry and Josh Hartle at Wake Forest was supposed to go to West Stokes but went to Reagan. He would have been drafted if he had chosen to stay in.
Left handers are a rare commodity. Especially good ones. Around this area orange/blue team always seems to get those…
They ain’t exactly homegrown either 😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT