ADVERTISEMENT

MA Baseball

The good thing about this is that a few of you guys were actually talking baseball for the last week!!
Now did it get 140 pages? No, but I’ll take the six!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Well, it gave me something to do. I usually keep up with basketball but since they dropped the individual classifications I never liked the 1A/2A/3A/4A all jammed into one forum. This was the first year baseball caught my interest and was never interested in it while in school. Mount Airy has always been a football school but has had some very good basketball teams. I guess the boards will be pretty much dead until football talk starts after all the schedules come out. I have to admit baseball caught my attention for the first time and probably the last. Probably stick with only football. A lot of people were keeping up with this Mount Airy baseball thread as it had over 10,000 views and 240 replies. I was not expecting that but it was where people could see it on a well-visited forum 5 to 6 months after football season ended and a good place to keep up with our team. See y'all come football season. Go 🐻 🏈! !

Well, it gave me something to do. I usually keep up with basketball but since they dropped the individual classifications I never liked the 1A/2A/3A/4A all jammed into one forum. This was the first year baseball caught my interest and was never interested in it while in school. Mount Airy has always been a football school but has had some very good basketball teams. I guess the boards will be pretty much dead until football talk starts after all the schedules come out. I have to admit baseball caught my attention for the first time and probably the last. Probably stick with only football. A lot of people were keeping up with this Mount Airy baseball thread as it had over 10,000 views and 240 replies. I was not expecting that but it was where people could see it on a well-visited forum 5 to 6 months after football season ended and a good place to keep up with our team. See y'all come football season. Go 🐻 🏈! !
Unfortunately, and I understand the financial logistics of maintaining several different forums, baseball has been relegated to Open Sports Discussions. I was a fairly decent contributor when baby boy was in school, and for a while after. Many of the others who posted there have fell by the wayside as well. Randolph County has been pretty good in baseball my entire life. My first love and will probably always hold a special place in my heart.

I enjoyed watching the ACC baseball tournament. Wake showed if your bullpen is weak no lead is safe. Duke had a great tournament. Hopefully the Bears will build on this year and remain competitive next several years.

I enjoyed watching the ACC baseball tournament. Wake showed if your bullpen is weak no lead is safe. Duke had a great tournament. Hopefully the Bears will build on this year and remain competitive next several years.
I hope the Bears will have more come out for baseball after this year's deepest run in probably around 75-plus years.

Reactions: thekidd12
I hope the Bears will have more come out for baseball after this year's deepest run in probably around 75-plus years.
They did have a good run but…
Two years ago finished second in conference and lost in third round.
Last year just ran up against another Randolph county team in first round that ended up coming closest to beating the SC charter.
Mt Airy baseball has put up good numbers last couple of seasons. It’s just that a few “casual” fans don’t notice until they make it to a regional final…
Hopefully they have continued success!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT