ADVERTISEMENT

MA Baseball

Mount Airy over Thomasville 1-0 with a no-hitter and 3 walks in different innings for Mount Airy's pitcher Bryson George. It was a pitching duel for Mount Airy and Thomasville tonight. Fast game lasting only about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Will face #5 Cherryville next as they beat #4 Draughn 8-2.
Scheduled to play Friday but not sure if that will happen tomorrow.
Congratulations to the Bears. Proud of my Bulldogs for giving them a tough matchup.

Does Mount Airy rotate pitchers or is their #1 hurt? Bryson George pitched tonight but the #1 - 1A pitcher in the state Kamden Hawks, I did not hear his name called as pitcher tonight but I only caught the last 3 innings. This is according to the strikeout leader board below.

Does Mount Airy rotate pitchers or is their #1 hurt? Bryson George pitched tonight but the #1 - 1A pitcher in the state Kamden Hawks, I did not hear his name called as pitcher tonight but I only caught the last 3 innings. This is according to the strikeout leader board below.
Doubt they burned 2 pitchers. I am thinking around 35 pitches requires a days rest. I know 105 requires 4 days

Mount Airy over Thomasville 1-0 with a no-hitter and 3 walks in different innings for Mount Airy's pitcher Brison George. It was a pitching duel for Mount Airy and Thomasville tonight. Fast game lasting only about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Will face #5 Cherryville next as they beat #4 Draughn 8-2.
Scheduled to play Friday but not sure if that will happen tomorrow.
Why wouldn’t they play tomorrow night unless weather gets them.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Since this is clearly a FOOTBALL Thread, I am not going to say tonight's game was lights out good by both teams. Thomasville played great defense the entire game, pitcher did everything anyone could ask of him.
Mt Airy made a lot of contact of the ball but Thomasville made play after play.

Bryson George pitched a flawless game giving up only 3 walks (each in a different inning). At least twice Mt Airy turned double plays to remove the threat. A double play ended the game.

I didn't expect this game to be close at all - I was thinking it might be a run-rule game. HS baseball playoffs, man - they can get crazy!

I still think NC should adopt the SCHSL playoff rules: Double-elimination regional pods of 4 the first 2 rounds and then a 3-game regional final and 3-game state championship series. Maybe one day we will see it happen.

Since we talked about golf how the number one player in the world being arrested this morning

#1 Mount Airy - #5 Cherryville tied at 2-2 end of the 2nd inning.
Looking like rain can start again anytime but I am 2 miles from the school.
Streaming on WSYD 1300 AM or 105.1 FM.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
#1 Mount Airy - #5 Cherryville tied at 2-2 end of the 2nd inning.
Looking like rain can start again anytime but I am 2 miles from the school.
Streaming on WSYD 1300 AM or 105.1 FM.

Rain starts again but it is not heavy, the game is in the 4th inning. The field is wet since it has been raining since about 5 PM.

Last edited:
Let’s see here: Mt Airy or the Charter???
🤷‍♂️
And buzz last year it was ER or the Charter and Eastern had a lot worse record than Thomasville 13-12 that Mt Airy crushed the other night 😂

Reactions: ocdavis31
Hard series for the Bears. Not a baseball guy but on paper and strength of schedule the charter school looks really strong. Really intrigued by the pitching matchups. Hawks gets the press for the bears but George and venable are pretty impressive in there own right. I have to say that it appears that the football swagger has carried over to the baseball field. The football players playing baseball expect to win. Pretty cool to see. Bears are the dawgs in this but I deff wouldn’t be surprised to see them winning.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I agree our not recruiting vs outstanding recruiting is hard to over come. However, our guys will show up with their 4, not 3, outstanding pitchers and do what they can.
At this point in playoffs, one expects great players at every opponent. Dorothy is not in Kansas any longer.

Charter, unfortunately, is pretty dang good. Saw them twice this season. Good pitching as has been stated. Good defense as well. Hitting meh.

On a side note, I am so proud of y’all talking baseball for once. It’s a great sport and any team can be good. for at least a game, depending on who is pitching.

Charter, unfortunately, is pretty dang good. Saw them twice this season. Good pitching as has been stated. Good defense as well. Hitting meh.

On a side note, I am so proud of y’all talking baseball for once. It’s a great sport and any team can be good. for at least a game, depending on who is pitching.
I think that it’s more that 1a baseball is a joke than uwharrie charter is good…..…..I understand enrollment but good baseball is good baseball and these 1a teams are terrible….uwharrie charter would be 3rd round at BEST in 2a and wouldn’t sniff any other classification past 1st round.

I think that it’s more that 1a baseball is a joke than uwharrie charter is good…..…..I understand enrollment but good baseball is good baseball and these 1a teams are terrible….uwharrie charter would be 3rd round at BEST in 2a and wouldn’t sniff any other classification past 1st round.
How many teams 2A did uwarrie beat in Conf? That conf is very good. Has Randlemen in it. I seen Providence Groove up close twice this year and they finished fifth in that conf. They had a lot of talent on Coach Worths team.

Last edited:
How many teams 2A did uwarrie beat in Conf? That cong is very good. Has Randlemen in it. I seen Providence Groove up close twice this year and they finished fifth in that conf. They had a lot of talent on Coach Worths team.
How many teams 2A did uwarrie beat in Conf? That cong is very good. Has Randlemen in it. I seen Providence Groove up close twice this year and they finished fifth in that conf. They had a lot of talent on Coach Worths team.
Idk much about that conference other than Randleman is always good…..saying that conference is “really” good idk if that’s is accurate? How many teams advanced In the playoffs past 1st round other than Randleman and charter?

Looks like the lady cards will face Robbinsville in the western regional finals. Any Robbinsville softball posters on here?

I agree with some of your argument….but if you think football players nowadays are are something tough like from years ago you are mistaken….when is the last time you seen someone get there ass kicked in a fight?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree our not recruiting vs outstanding recruiting is hard to over come. However, our guys will show up with their 4, not 3, outstanding pitchers and do what they can.
At this point in playoffs, one expects great players at every opponent. Dorothy is not in Kansas any longer.
Definitely be pulling for the Bears to pull it off. Get that first game

Well maybe not “recruiting” in this certain sport…..im sure all your football team is not solely homegrown and you guys have benefited from at least 1 or 2 transfers….(and I have stated before this is a compliment not a jab at your football program that I have much respect for)….but don’t cry now that your not getting these “recruits” you can’t be good at everything

On the other hand getting a kid enrolled at a charter schools is about as easy as 1,2,3 so I do understand what your saying with that.

All in all, I’m pulling for the yal

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Hopefully be a great series between two good teams. EW catcher signed to play with Rutgers and several other girls have signed at d2 and d3 schools. This group has been together a long time, travel ball then middle school. 7 seniors this year. Hoping them the best.

Hopefully be a great series between two good teams. EW catcher signed to play with Rutgers and several other girls have signed at d2 and d3 schools. This group has been together a long time, travel ball then middle school. 7 seniors this year. Hoping them the best.
As mentioned, Shuler is a Tennessee commit and plays SS. Only 3 seniors on the team so the future is bright with a strong MS team going undefeated. Talking with friends from Andrews, we definitely have it to do. Hoping for a great series and safe travels all around. See ya Tuesday!

Reactions: EWCards#1
My team (Langtree) played MA in first rounds and we gave the MA bear all we had; Glad MA has done well and all and It was a fun experience as that was my first time at MT airy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT