ADVERTISEMENT

MA Baseball

gdawg74

Nov 4, 2006
I know it’s a football board , but I have to ask can anyone ever remember a Ma team that was 18-1 and ranked 1 in the west heading into the playoffs? Don’t really follow baseball that much but are they as good as the record says and do they have a legitimate chance at making a run?

I know it’s a football board , but I have to ask can anyone ever remember a Ma team that was 18-1 and ranked 1 in the west heading into the playoffs? Don’t really follow baseball that much but are they as good as the record says and do they have a legitimate chance at making a run?
1a baseball is a joke imo so yes they have a great chance....Eastern Randolph won like 4 games in regular season last year and made it to the 4th round....

1a baseball is a joke imo so yes they have a great chance....Eastern Randolph won like 4 games in regular season last year and made it to the 4th round....
But if memory serves, they had some key players that were injured and returned late in the season. One of those was a really good pitcher. Also wasn't some of their losses to the top ranked 2A team?

But if memory serves, they had some key players that were injured and returned late in the season. One of those was a really good pitcher. Also wasn't some of their losses to the top ranked 2A team?
Really good pitcher. Good is a relative term so Idk about that. Who was the top 2a team?

I do believe that hot place down under has finally FROZEN OVER.
Mt Airy playing top notch baseball? Now that is NEWS!

LOVE IT>

Reactions: sbbbfan
MA pitching and Defense are legit. Play in bad conference but yes they are #1 RPI for a reason. Kam Hawks is going to D1 Morehead State as a Pitcher. Throws 93 and Lefty. He can hit a bomb at the plate. MA has 11 Seniors I believe.
Why is he going to morehead st? 93 from the left side is possible draft pick and definitely power 5 worthy

Reactions: footballstar_17
If he is the player from Cana Virginia top speed last year was 86 which is still good. 6'7 250 pounds.

Yeah I do think he's zooming 93. Maybe on a 1970s jug machine. He can hit and throw very good. Boaz was barely hitting 93 last year and he was the opening starter for Carolina this year.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
He must only have a fastball if he is going to Moorehead St. 93, lefty, and 6'7 ain't going to Moorehead St unless there are other issues.

Has been injured most of HS! Moorehead is a good baseball program. Again you guys have no clue to how big College baseball at all levels is. Look at a school like Campbell who has beat D1 power schools this season. Go look at the small no name D1 schools that have played in the World Series rounds.
93 with projectable body is getting taken late rounds

Reactions: thekidd12
Are you a Scout?
no but am close with lot of them....mainly Area scouts and bird dog scouts and he is not on there Radar. I have reached out to them and they are probably going to research and check him out though from what they have told me. His numbers are very impressive and if his velo is true (which I doubt) late rounds are possble

Are you a Scout?
Nope, but I share an office with our baseball coach. Currently the #1 ranked baseball program in 4a in NC. He works with multiple scouts during the summer. Our starting catcher in softballs dad is a scout for the Padres. He agrees that there is more to this. No way that kid goes to Moorehead St with those numbers unless his injury is more severe.

Reactions: footballstar_17
I doubt he’s at 93 also but he’s got excellent height and size to add in the future to whatever he’s at now.

With that said there are kids on almost every team above the HS level throwing 90 MPH.

Commonplace

I doubt he’s at 93 also but he’s got excellent height and size to add in the future to whatever he’s at now.

With that said there are kids on almost every team above the HS level throwing 90 MPH.

Commonpla

Will leave it here he is a great young man and hell of a ball player. Comes from a good family!
buzzcoach....do u know any more about the injury....this could result in drafted or not and money involved?

19-1

Should be 20-0. Still hadn’t seen the question answered. Is this the best Bear baseball team in the last 50 years? I know the bears were good in the EARLY ( 30’s 40’s ) days.

Really good pitcher. Good is a relative term so Idk about that. Who was the top 2a team?
Think he is referring to the dreaded orange/blue team. As far as last year and ER making it to fourth round, who did they lose to in that regional and how did they fare in SC series?
I know you know the answer to both questions. Just messing with you 😂

Kam finished with 120 kS for regular season I think that is tops in NC for the season. Had 11 last night struk out the side in final inn last night.

Think he is referring to the dreaded orange/blue team. As far as last year and ER making it to fourth round, who did they lose to in that regional and how did they fare in SC series?
I know you know the answer to both questions. Just messing with you 😂
Those dang orange and blue boyz!! Lol I hear ya. Do u think uwharrie will repeat?

Reactions: thekidd12
Those dang orange and blue boyz!! Lol I hear ya. Do u think uwharrie will repeat?
I’m not sure really. Last year surprised the heck out of me. I saw three of the four teams in regional finals several times during the year and didn’t think they would do that well. Charter does have the hosses to do it again but if right pitcher shuts them down, as you know, you’re done.
And that’s why I really like baseball…

I’m not sure really. Last year surprised the heck out of me. I saw three of the four teams in regional finals several times during the year and didn’t think they would do that well. Charter does have the hosses to do it again but if right pitcher shuts them down, as you know, you’re done.
And that’s why I really like baseball…
Well I hate charter schools so let’s hope what the mt airy boys are saying is true and this lefty shoves it up there a$$ in round 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT