ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor (VA)/Northeastern

BigBird12

Nov 25, 2013
Tough task this Friday night for the Eagles as powerhouse Lake Taylor makes the hour and half drive down to Elizabeth City. Northeastern coming off a crushing one point lost to Wilson-Hunt while Lake Taylor had a bye. Lake Taylor won the 4A State Championship last year and is ranked #2 in VA and #25 in the nation. Definitely will be a tough task for Northeastern and don't see them stopping the Titans. Lake Taylor's defense is led by 4* Ohio State commit Wayne Davis and 3* Temple commit Keyvone Bruton. The titans will be running behind 3* recruit Michael Carney, who is 6'3 310. Easily the biggest team NHS has seen awhile. I'm going Lake Taylor over Northeastern 49-7

Tall task for Northeastern. Northeastern lost to Wilson by 3 points, and I would consider that a good game by NE, but looking at Wilson's lose to Seventy-First 71-21. All I can say is the #25 team in the nation is going to give you guys the buisness. I do think it is fun playing sime of these elite elite squads. SWO scrimmage vs Havelock has been great to see some of athletes a school like Havelock has even though they smash us.

62-28 I think the Northeastern offense can still score, but if a school has 3 high D1 prospects then they prolly have another 10 who are college prospects also, eventually they start making plays.

credit NHS for stepping their non-conf schedule up. This will definitely help them in the long run this year.

Impressive scheduling, some schools with better reputation than Northeastern duck competition like this.

Essentially they're playing a Mallard Creek or Butler. It's going to be UGLY

Northeastern JV 41 Lake Taylor JV 40. Not sure if tomorrow will be like this ......but I am told Northeastern has a ton of Fresh & Soph horses ..future looks bright in 2A for the Eagles

Last edited:
Can't say they're playing "scrimmages" now.....

After checking out this team, I have to say I'm shocked. Can't see them winning this one, which backs up my feeling that aside from last year, putting a decent team in front of them spells trouble, but at least they scheduled a couple this year. I'll shut up about it for now.

Not so ugly. From what I read, LT scored with 21 seconds left. Looks like Northeastern had that nationally ranked team on the ropes.

Congratulations to Northeastern for playing a top quality team and though not winning they apparently played a very competitive game. Like our DarkHorses game with 4A Wilmington Hoggard (at Hogggard) last night, theses are what some might consider quality losses. As I posted on another thread ,even in defeat these games will play dividends down the road. Good luck the rest of the season!

Definitely could have won. Lake Taylor was up 14-0 early but Northeastern came back and had a 17-14 lead at half. Lake Taylor was the biggest team the Eagles will see this year. NHS forced 4 turnovers but couldn't really do much with it due to their big defensive lineman. Miscommunication at the end left the Lake Taylor player wide open in the end zone with about 20 secs left. Tough lost for the Eagles but I'm sure Coach Moore and them will bounce back. NHS had a 27-21 lead after the 3rd quarter. Two blocked punts returned for TD's for the Titans helped

Get rid of those and Northeastern walks away with a W versus the #24 team in the country

Northeastern and Holmes can play respectful football in the state if they are healthy both Northeastern and Holmes have a lot of injuries right now and are playing a lot of under classmen Northeastern should and could have beaten the #25 ranked team in the country and the #2 ranked team in VA. but two blocked punts for td's by Lake Taylor really hurt Northeastern but they still came back and took the lead and the game was tied 27 to 27 with about 20's second left which would took the game to OT. Lake Taylor knew they played a good team from northeastern NC and so does Booker T. Washington from Norfolk whom the Edenton Aces had to go to Norfolk and play in a hostile environment where the Ref's threw some questionable flags against Holmes but the Aces defense played lights out and over came those flags. Edenton JV on Thursday gave Booker T. JV an example of the type of football they play in northeastern NC although both Northeastern and Edenton Holmes were out weighted up front it really didn't matter that much. The only difference between Northeastern and Lake Taylor was the speed of Lake Taylor secondary with the three D1 prospect because Northeastern receiver was catching the ball but they couldn't get behind them or out run them when they did catch it but they still had chance to win the game if it wasn't for that blown coverage in the secondary at the end. I hope more teams from NC start playing some of those power house ranked teams. They should be able to get teams from Florida if they really tried if Oscar Smith from Chesapeake,VA. can bring in teams from all over I know those so call big time teams in NC can also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT