ADVERTISEMENT

KM @ South Point

The new staff is definitely experienced but may not have seen a version like South Points offense in years. Lloyd was very good at limiting the option attack. I don't know about the last few years but I do know in the past that during South Point week, he took over defensive practices the entire week. He drilled into them discipline on who to hit each play and how to read the lineman. Seemed to basically have 3 spies. One, for each pitchman and 1 for the qb. All three of them was getting hit every play. Shifted dl line inward to hit the guard gaps to limit fullback.

This should be a good game. Yes, KM has a great defense this year but the question will be can we score. With Crest they are able to Pass and Run the ball well but for KM we have been one dimensional this season with just being able to run the ball with not being able to get a passing game going this year. Should be a good game and it is in Belmont we all know when you get off the bus in Belmont you already down 7.

Reactions: Crestuff
Will KM be able to score on SP? Now that’s funny right there.
SP couldn’t stop an ant with a flip-flop.
Unless KM’s offense is as bad as SP’s defense it won’t be close. KM by 14+.

KM can’t pass the ball at all. Just stack the box and dare us to throw. You will understand when you see our passing game it is just as bad as the Carolina Panthers.

We got it. You are crafting a narrative that the defense sucks because two of the best offenses SP has ever seen beat us this year ( Cc and Crest). Hopefully the defense sees offenses that aren’t historical in reference the next couple of games so they can live up to your standard.
FYI….I’ve seen SP defenses for a loooong time and we haven’t had a defense ever from any year that could hold this years crest offense to under 50 points …and that includes last years defense which was likely the best in the last 2-3 decades. If your offense scores 50 points that means you kept giving the ball back over to their offense. Double edged sword.

Yes Lloyd is gone but 8 DEFENSIVE Starters are back that handle the RED BONE pretty well last year and I think this DEFENSE is better than last year in my Opinion.

After the 2016 defense finally hit its stride, they were as good in the playoffs as any team SP ever put on a field. That year they gave up a total of 13 points in five games during the playoffs.

After the 2016 defense finally hit its stride, they were as good in the playoffs as any team SP ever put on a field. That year they gave up a total of 13 points in five games during the playoffs.
Everyone in Belmont knows who we played In conf. that particular year and in the playoffs. Sometimes you get lucky with draws and sometimes you don’t. You don’t just get good at defense after starting 1-3 or 1-4 or whatever we were. We have a couple state championship teams with titles that probably aren’t top 10 SP teams all time.

Everyone in Belmont knows who we played In conf. that particular year and in the playoffs. Sometimes you get lucky with draws and sometimes you don’t. You don’t just get good at defense after starting 1-3 or 1-4 or whatever we were. We have a couple state championship teams with titles that probably aren’t top 10 SP teams all time.
SP played predominantly run teams that year in the playoffs and I believe it played to their strength. I know they played 2 flexbone teams us being one of them and completely shut it down.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Depends on which SP team shows up offensively , if the one that showed up last night at Crest plays then KM will have all it wants to handle.
That offense ran dang good last night
Of course KM defense is better than Crest right now.
Crest defense made the one or two stops when it counted.

No win is a bad win but I don’t think the Crusties have a lot to brag about from last night either. Crust has a good offensive but they played one of the worst pass defenses they will face all year.

Reactions: rockstrong
Don't forget the run defense. Believe me. It showed. 61
yeah....I guess the SP defense does suck because Crest's offense isn't real good but Crest was able to score and move the ball on them somehow despite it. I know Crest has had a lot of trouble moving it this year. Maybe Crest will figure it out what to do. The QB will have to improve himself a little bit I reckon, huh? ...................................

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
KM 24-7 this game will end around 9:15 as both teams run the ball predominantly..

Coaches and leaders on team will need to really step up for South Point this week. Playing a great team after a couple gut punch losses is tough. Have seen these get out of hand before.

KM 24-7 this game will end around 9:15 as both teams run the ball predominantly..
KM a little more balanced. About 32 runs and 20 passes a game. After watching some film, I noticed that they can run the ball at will and then resort to passing once they get closer to red zone. I figured they was doing that to work on the pass and after getting to hear the coaches post game the other day,it was confirmed. He knows they can run the ball and wants them to be better at passing,so he uses that to basically get some real time practice in. Although they average over 35 points a game, they are actually leaving at least 14 points out there each game working on the pass verses if they just kept on running and scoring.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Should be a good game tonight. Lineberger is a hard place to play for anyone. I don't think South Point has not lost a game there since Kings Mountain beat them in 2021 there.

Yes Lloyd is gone but 8 DEFENSIVE Starters are back that handle the RED BONE pretty well last year and I think this DEFENSE is better than last year in my Opinion.
You almost messed up. You almost accidentally typed normal instead of the intentional bad grammar post you normally make to disguise any references to your previous user name or habits. IYKYK

On to other news, when KM leaves Belmont tonight the only thing the Mountaineers are leaving behind in Lineberger Stadium is leftover redbone residue spread all over the field…

Maybe so shutdown but I’ll be sitting at the top by the press box RfRR (Rooting for Red Raiders) like I always do.
A loss tonight will definitely make this the worst year for South Point football since I moved back to town. Momma said there would be days like this.

Maybe so shutdown but I’ll be sitting at the top by the press box RfRR (Rooting for Red Raiders) like I always do.
A loss tonight will definitely make this the worst year for South Point football since I moved back to town. Momma said there would be days like this.
The season is not over regardless of tonight’s game. No one wants to see your offense in the playoffs. Also your young kids will be veterans by the end of this thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT