ADVERTISEMENT

KM is unbeatable!

KM had lost I believe 8 in a row to us... They wanted it more, they hung up Beat Shelby banners in Walmart or Ingles...

They had the talent this year to win it, and they kicked our tails on both sides of the ball... Nothing more can be said....

Controlled both lines, and dominated us... anyone says otherwise aint telling the truth

we will be ok.... no shame losing to the better team.... well at least in my eyes it aint.. They got bragging rights... deservedly so this year

The big south will be a cake walk for KM. Huss and injuries is their only threats. Weddington and/or Catholic will be the game.

Congratulations to KM I didn’t think they could get over the lions mental hump ..... but they did and for that I do “tip my hat” well done fellas

Reactions: seadog28
This is the year of the Mountie.They will play Catholic at home and go on and win their first NCHSAA State Championship.Congrats for last night.

KM had lost I believe 8 in a row to us... They wanted it more, they hung up Beat Shelby banners in Walmart or Ingles...

They had the talent this year to win it, and they kicked our tails on both sides of the ball... Nothing more can be said....

Controlled both lines, and dominated us... anyone says otherwise aint telling the truth

we will be ok.... no shame losing to the better team.... well at least in my eyes it aint.. They got bragging rights... deservedly so this year
Good win for the MOUNTIES good LUCK to the LIONS on the rest of the season.

Classy post as always.

KM folks just curious ......what do you attribute to the development of your program to being next level and by far the best in cc. Better youth leagues.....more kids coming out ......great coaching ??????

KM folks just curious ......what do you attribute to the development of your program to being next level and by far the best in cc. Better youth leagues.....more kids coming out ......great coaching ??????
People I talk to say the KM Elite program has helped a lot. They have big numbers and kids that couldn't play back in the day when you only had Pop Warner because of size limits (weight)now get to play. My daughter cheered 1 year there and they had kids from Bessemer City to Boiling Springs playing.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
L12D,
the improvement of the KM program can be attributed to a number of factors working together simultaneously. Desire for change that was born out of turmoil in some parts of the KM community, the addition of a youth football program to KM, tremendous community support, community commitment, coaching/new blood, facilities, timing, and last but not least the overall work ethic of the kids coming through the program. You could actually write a long story about each factor I mentioned. The biggest factor definitely has to be the additional youth football league in KM. It’s not the only factor but easily the biggest. The youth football leagues is where Crest and Shelby had advantages for years. KM only had pop warner football for a long time and it was corrupted by all the pop warner rules on player size participation and also by all the daddy ball in KM pop warner. When KM added the youth football organization it definitely was a game changer. Many of us seen the talent early and knew that if these kids stayed together in KM than winning big was just a matter of time. The number of kids participating were strong also. Also these kids in KM have gotten used to winning often and they expect to win. It carried over from youth league through middle school and now to high school. Public high schools that win a lot usually have strong feeder systems working behind the scenes.

L12D,
the improvement of the KM program can be attributed to a number of factors working together simultaneously. Desire for change that was born out of turmoil in some parts of the KM community, the addition of a youth football program to KM, tremendous community support, community commitment, coaching/new blood, facilities, timing, and last but not least the overall work ethic of the kids coming through the program. You could actually write a long story about each factor I mentioned. The biggest factor definitely has to be the additional youth football league in KM. It’s not the only factor but easily the biggest. The youth football leagues is where Crest and Shelby had advantages for years. KM only had pop warner football for a long time and it was corrupted by all the pop warner rules on player size participation and also by all the daddy ball in KM pop warner. When KM added the youth football organization it definitely was a game changer. Many of us seen the talent early and knew that if these kids stayed together in KM than winning big was just a matter of time. The number of kids participating were strong also. Also these kids in KM have gotten used to winning often and they expect to win. It carried over from youth league through middle school and now to high school. Public high schools that win a lot usually have strong feeder systems working behind the scenes.
Don’t forget Powerful Charlotte Catholic. I’m feeling that game in November Shuts. I will read some tea leaves today after mass and get back with you. Dropped the crystal ball again watching Charlotte get run off the field by Clemson over on ACC network.

L12D,
Thanks shuts for the informative answer .....I think this may be the year yall get the ship.

Don’t forget Powerful Charlotte Catholic. I’m feeling that game in November Shuts. I will read some tea leaves today after mass and get back with you. Dropped the crystal ball again watching Charlotte get run off the field by Clemson over on ACC network.
Your guys definitely provided some motivation in the off season for KM. I always believe that if you want to be the best than you have to beat the best. Catholic is the best right now and our kids are working to hard to get another opportunity against the champs. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Reactions: footsoldier
Thanks shuts for the informative answer .....I think this may be the year yall get the ship.
Lawn12Dog,
It’s still a long road ahead but we definitely have a shot. Our kids will have to play some good ball to get to the championship game. Statesville, NW Cabarrus, and of course Catholic are all a handful to deal with. That’s Statesville team is a full load and are flying under the radar some. This is the year that I pointed to several years back the year that I felt we were true state contenders. If we could have won it last year than we would have been a year ahead of schedule in my opinion. KM is going to be a legit title threat the next three years minimum.

L12D,
What year did they add the youth league program?

I remember back about 6 years ago when KM joined up with our youth football league (not the pop warner crap ) and they were loaded and that 11-12 group was great. That same group would be in the 11&12 grade now. The whole KM program was very good but it seems they were also getting in trouble a lot (not the kids faults but adults) and had to move to another league.

Reactions: golden28
Good chance that NW Cabarrus and Statesville will be big 3AA. Kings Mountain will probably meet Jacksonville in the big game.

I remember back about 6 years ago when KM joined up with our youth football league (not the pop warner crap ) and they were loaded and that 11-12 group was great. That same group would be in the 11&12 grade now. The whole KM program was very good but it seems they were also getting in trouble a lot (not the kids faults but adults) and had to move to another league.
Time flies but it has to be at least 8yrs ago when the youth football league started. Initially the KM youth were playing youth teams from Rock Hill, Spartanburg, Charlotte, Statesville, and Gastonia. The youth football teams in Rock Hill were absolutely loaded and fed directly into Rock Hill South Pointe. The KM youth teams left this league and joined one with Polk, BC, Rutherford County, and different Gaston County teams. I loved this league and met some of the nicest people from Polk and Rutherford County but unfortunately some of the “moms” on the 11-12yr old teams at that time seemed to be getting in a lot of verbal conflicts with other teams fans which led to a league change. KM had 5 youth teams of over thirty kids each at that time with a waiting list of kids that wanted to play. The first wave of the KM Elite kids to hit KM Middle are Mack and other seniors on the Mountaineers team.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden28
KM your biggest threat now is being able to keep them from going to the donkey ranch, you can believe they are working behind the scenes telling those kids they have connections with Dabo and who ever else they can dream up. Keep you own in KM even if you beat my Lions the next couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT