ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain at Burns

I agree wholeheartedly, coaches do so much “non coaching” stuff to get things ready for Friday nights. This is one advantage of having turf, and I know our coaches love it for that reason. I know the purest will say real grass is best and to each his own, but turf allows coaches to be home with family.
Maybe the NCHSAA could use some of that 41 million and get the Burns Bulldogs some turf . :)
It would be nice but I appreciate all the work the coaches do. And I agree Lawndog!

KM and Burns always play each other close. The Dogs should win but another CC toss up. Does anybody know how Norris's knee is ? That could be a factor if not 100 healthy.
Look like a GREAT NIGHT for football i hope that the VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES can stay within TWO to THREE TOUCHDOWNS of the POWERFUL MIGHTY BULLDOGS.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Look like a GREAT NIGHT for football i hope that the VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES can stay within TWO to THREE TOUCHDOWNS of the POWERFUL MIGHTY BULLDOGS.
I sense a little sarcasm there. This will be a close game throughout. Our defense has proven to be stout early on, but offensively we are challenged right now. I think this is a toss up game.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
It’s Game Day. Sounds like the game is on. I feel like it will be a packed house with Crest and Shelby off tonight. Got to go somewhere. LOL KM will be tough, I just hope we are tougher. Non conference game but a County game with the boys across Moss Lake. Hope it’s a good one and hope like hell both teams come away with no injuries. Both have a lot to play for coming soon.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Another close one that could go either way imo....best of luck to both squards. I wanna see some more pregame fireworks .

End 1st... 7-0 Burns. KM ball..

I'm gonna limit updates rest of the way to scores. Can't keep up with all 3 things I do.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Sounds like some crappy P. I. calls listening to the radio broadcast....

Radio guys said the KM guy went out of bounds and came back in on that TD...

So Shelby Lion purchased the 10 buck KM version of the game and I bet i got to see a total of about 1 minute and 22.45 seconds ...... It kept cutting in and out, replaying plays, etc.... Horrific ...... Of course itll be blamed on our internet capabilities up here in the north end HA HA

Big win for the Mounties.... those four plays I caught throughout between refreshing and trying to connect were as the kids say LIT....

EDIT: Ive been corrected by my 13 year old daughter who said the correct term now days is "Bussin" whatever that means.....

So Shelby Lion purchased the 10 buck KM version of the game and I bet i got to see a total of about 1 minute and 22.45 seconds ...... It kept cutting in and out, replaying plays, etc.... Horrific ...... Of course itll be blamed on our internet capabilities up here in the north end HA HA

Big win for the Mounties.... those four plays I caught throughout between refreshing and trying to connect were as the kids say LIT....

EDIT: Ive been corrected by my 13 year old daughter who said the correct term now days is "Bussin" whatever that means.....
streaming was lousy in my area as well -- and I live near the Shelby YMCA -- so the Internet excuse won't fly lol
Same things were happening to me as well -- and I have Macs, not lousy PCs

Our young guys keep growing. This is a great confidence builder for the kids. No complaining or excuses about injured players, they just get after it. Good Luck to the Dogs the rest of the way. Much respect always. Hopefully you guys move on and bring a state title back to Cleveland County.

I think it means put on your best short dress and squat down ( I know for someone as large as you that is difficult) and shake yo rump. Gosh now I think I just threw up in my mouth putting that image in my head. Peg I'm blind!!!

I’m going to say this and then chill. Burns had many opportunities and just did not execute enough (consistently) on offense…. Again this week… but they did better overall this week. Mauney ran for a 1st down- and he needs to do this a few more times or so per game to keep opponents at least guessing. Great D again- Dogs kept KM in check. The last long KM pass was killer. KM won the game and they deserve congratulations- I would be excited too if I were them but Burns was obviously the better team overall I thought. Dogs have been really lucky the 2 previous weeks. We have got to play hard the whole game- we are too spotty yet. Many dropped passes tonight, some really bad calls, but I liked our fight. We will grow a learn more. Number 15 for the Mounties is sharp. We are not where I think we will be. Fun game to watch- if you have to lose, that’s the way to do it- go down swinging. Could have, should have- just did not happen.

I’m going to say this and then chill. Burns had many opportunities and just did not execute enough (consistently) on offense…. Again this week… but they did better overall this week. Mauney ran for a 1st down- and he needs to do this a few more times or so per game to keep opponents at least guessing. Great D again- Dogs kept KM in check. The last long KM pass was killer. KM won the game and they deserve congratulations- I would be excited too if I were them but Burns was obviously the better team overall I thought. Dogs have been really lucky the 2 previous weeks. We have got to play hard the whole game- we are too spotty yet. Many dropped passes tonight, some really bad calls, but I liked our fight. We will grow a learn more. Number 15 for the Mounties is sharp. We are not where I think we will be. Fun game to watch- if you have to lose, that’s the way to do it- go down swinging. Could have, should have- just did not happen.
I’ll go with that. What I was going to say wasn’t near as nice so I’ll just agree with you. You didn’t lie.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Our young guys keep growing. This is a great confidence builder for the kids. No complaining or excuses about injured players, they just get after it. Good Luck to the Dogs the rest of the way. Much respect always. Hopefully you guys move on and bring a state title back to Cleveland County.
Congrats on the win shutdown. You stick with your team win or lose as do i. Is Fisher the supers son ? He played a great game. I said it would be a toss up and wanted pregame fireworks ....both came true .lol

Good ROAD WIN for the VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES against a VERY GOOD BULLDOGS TEAM. Best of luck to the DOGS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT