ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain at Burns

shutdownD24

Sep 6, 2014
Interesting game. I went into season thinking that Burns will be the best team in Cleveland County and a state title contender along with Shelby. While the Bulldogs are good I am not sure how good they really are at this time. Currently I have (1. Shelby, 2. Burns, 3. KM, 4. Crest). I think Burns at home should have them favored against KM. KM has some talented young guys whom will be really good the next two years after this season and later this season. Burns cannot afford to play around with the Mountaineers. KM has plenty of speed and left a lot of points on the field against Asheville and will learn from those mistakes. I will be pulling for the Mountaineers but my gut tells me Burns 21-14. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
Meaning no disrespect to Crest, this will be the best team Burns has seen so far this year. Burns will have to find something on offense to have a shot. They can't disappear for a half again. The Dawgs defense will keep them in it but you gotta score, obviously. As was the case last week, this game most likely comes down to turnovers.

No prediction yet for me.

Meaning no disrespect to Crest, this will be the best team Burns has seen so far this year. Burns will have to find something on offense to have a shot. They can't disappear for a half again. The Dawgs defense will keep them in it but you gotta score, obviously. As was the case last week, this game most likely comes down to turnovers.

KM took one on the chin to Shelby only beat Asheville 14-0. Asheville is missing a ton of kids. That really surprised me. I thought KM would run away easily. It is interesting but means nothing. I make no prediction and won’t. I feel like the Crest front 7 will be about as physical as anyone we play and KM may match that. If we can move the ball on the ground I like our chances.

Burns should win this game, Km is down this year. Call it what you want but a spade is a spade. Only beating Asheville 14-0 speaks volumes.
Game context is everything and by the way I am going to call a spade a spade. South Point’s trash schedule have you guys thinking that you are better than what you are. SP is way overrated this season, that’s why a 1A school in SC put knots on your head in a jamboree. You guys are probably happy that you don’t have to see RS this Friday lol.

I know this game is at Burns but do we have to all sign video releases so we can be on film with the 30 cameras KM will bring for their Sports Network? Any way KTC can tap into the feed so our announcers can have video with the play by play? Asking for a friend(s). 😂
😂

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02

I will make a PREDICTION the VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES will play hard against THE POWER HOUSE MIGHTY BULLDOGS.

Interesting game. I went into season thinking that Burns will be the best team in Cleveland County and a state title contender along with Shelby. While the Bulldogs are good I am not sure how good they really are at this time. Currently I have (1. Shelby, 2. Burns, 3. KM, 4. Crest). I think Burns at home should have them favored against KM. KM has some talented young guys whom will be really good the next two years after this season and later this season. Burns cannot afford to play around with the Mountaineers. KM has plenty of speed and left a lot of points on the field against Asheville and will learn from those mistakes. I will be pulling for the Mountaineers but my gut tells me Burns 21-14. I hope I am wrong.
How is KM on special teams? Kicking game was really crucial against forestview. If KM is no better on punt returns than Crest the Dogs can return for scores.

Game context is everything and by the way I am going to call a spade a spade. South Point’s trash schedule have you guys thinking that you are better than what you are. SP is way overrated this season, that’s why a 1A school in SC put knots on your head in a jamboree. You guys are probably happy that you don’t have to see RS this Friday lol.
Km always a bridesmaid never a bride, and nothing changes for you guys this year. Burns by 14. Preseason world beaters and 3rd round exit every year.

Burns MUST get a ground game going if they are going to succeed at the level they are capable of. Mauney can’t just have all ears pinned back coming at him knowing we haven’t got anything going other wise. Nothing pops out to be about KM this year. Have a couple good players but obviously they lost a lot last year. Turnovers and flags will determine this game in my opinion. Going to have to hold onto the ball and be disciplined if we’re not going to be able to move the ball consistently.

Km always a bridesmaid never a bride, and nothing changes for you guys this year. Burns by 14. Preseason world beaters and 3rd round exit every year.
South Point’s best days are behind them. I can’t think of a school that has benefitted more from phantom calls when playing at home than the Raiders. SP need to work on that weak pass defense that will be exposed in the coming weeks…

South Point’s best days are behind them. I can’t think of a school that has benefitted more from phantom calls when playing at home than the Raiders. SP need to work on that weak pass defense that will be exposed in the
We always have a weak pass defense and still always beat km. Funny how that works. But seriously km is very young this year, that's why I'm saying a down year. I'm really not trying to throw shade, we've had a few down years because we were so young. It happens to everyone.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Every team in Cleveland County is "young" this year. This has to be the least experienced season from a county standpoint in quite sometime.

South Point’s best days are behind them. I can’t think of a school that has benefitted more from phantom calls when playing at home than the Raiders. SP need to work on that weak pass defense that will be exposed in the coming weeks…
We will beat y’all this year too.

KM and Burns always play each other close. The Dogs should win but another CC toss up. Does anybody know how Norris's knee is ? That could be a factor if not 100 healthy.

The most even rivalry in the county historically speaking. They have beaten us about as many times as we have beaten them. I remember so many close games, and I can recall many times we beat KM when we were not expected to do so. There have been a few blowouts but it’s usually very close. I don’t expect anything different this year. We have got to get our ground game in gear to win.

The most even rivalry in the county historically speaking. They have beaten us about as many times as we have beaten them. I remember so many close games, and I can recall many times we beat KM when we were not expected to do so. There have been a few blowouts but it’s usually very close. I don’t expect anything different this year. We have got to get our ground game in gear to win.
We beat them in 16 at their place....the last burns win i think. B J Hopper with an NFL grab for the win.

Yes I believe 2016 was the last Burns win over KM. Correct me if I am wrong Bulldog fans but I believe 2016 may be the only win Burns has over KM since Matty Ballgame left the Dogs. This series has always being cyclical with each schools putting together winning streaks over the other before it swings back to the other side. KM has won three straight and five of six over Burns with the average victory margin being 25.4 points for the Mounties. Prior to that Burns had a dominant spell. Hopefully this game is played Friday.

Because I was bored and had nothing better to do (like work), I went out and looked it up:

20-2119-2018-1917-1816-1715-1614-1513-1412-1311-1210-1109-1008-0907-0806-0705-0604-05
ShelbyLLWLLLLWWWWLLLLLL5 - 12
CrestLWLLLLLLLWLLLLLWL3 - 14
Kings MtnDNPLLLWLLWWWWLLWWWW9 - 7

Because I was bored and had nothing better to do (like work), I went out and looked it up:

20-2119-2018-1917-1816-1715-1614-1513-1412-1311-1210-1109-1008-0907-0806-0705-0604-05
ShelbyLLWLLLLWWWWLLLLLL5 - 12
CrestLWLLLLLLLWLLLLLWL3 - 14
Kings MtnDNPLLLWLLWWWWLLWWWW9 - 7
Hopefully one of these months Chris will have the yearly results back up that he had on Carolina Preps. Unfortunately his sidekick that was helping him with that died from COVID so that has slowed the process.

Hopefully one of these months Chris will have the yearly results back up that he had on Carolina Preps. Unfortunately his sidekick that was helping him with that died from COVID so that has slowed the process.
Yes the Carolina Preps stadium project and the records, game scores, and other history is very much missed.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Not to jinx it but looks like they were painting the field tonight in anticipation of a game tomorrow night. I saw the Bulldog at midfield and home side lights on driving back from volleyball and supper at Cherryville.
They have spent many nights painting before game day. Just a small example of the stuff most parents and fans don’t see that goes into it. Not at home with their families, just painting a field and making it look good for the kids to play on. This is all after a week of hours planning and practicing. Coaches don’t get enough credit. It’s all based on what fans see on Fridays.

They have spent many nights painting before game day. Just a small example of the stuff most parents and fans don’t see that goes into it. Not at home with their families, just painting a field and making it look good for the kids to play on. This is all after a week of hours planning and practicing. Coaches don’t get enough credit. It’s all based on what fans see on Fridays.
I agree wholeheartedly, coaches do so much “non coaching” stuff to get things ready for Friday nights. This is one advantage of having turf, and I know our coaches love it for that reason. I know the purest will say real grass is best and to each his own, but turf allows coaches to be home with family.

I agree wholeheartedly, coaches do so much “non coaching” stuff to get things ready for Friday nights. This is one advantage of having turf, and I know our coaches love it for that reason. I know the purest will say real grass is best and to each his own, but turf allows coaches to be home with family.
Maybe the NCHSAA could use some of that 41 million and get the Burns Bulldogs some turf . :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT