ADVERTISEMENT

Kernersville Cup Changing Hands Finally?

Veejay4

Nov 22, 2014
Is this the year little brother (Glenn) finally gets its hands on the K'Ville Cup?
Hasn't left East Forsyth since 07.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Is this the year little brother (Glenn) finally gets its hands on the K'Ville Cup?
Hasn't left East Forsyth since 07.

I'll believe it when i see it. East always steps it up for this game. Played a much tougher schedule than Glenn. Should be much more prepared for a tough game at this point. Glenn is much improved but I'm not sold they are ready to compete at a high level (conf champ/deep playoff run) yet. You know the Eagles are sick of hearing about Glenn being so great.

Will be a great atmosphere Friday though. Great for K-vegas.

Reactions: Veejay4
Glenn's offense is rolling right now and their Big QB and small fast slots are killing teams. East Forsyth's offense is struggling and can't do anything right except get flags thrown on them. Both defenses and special teams are playing ok. With that said I think Glenn has too many weapons on offense to be denied this year. As I predicted in the summer East would be 3rd/4th in Conference and so far I've been spot on. East is a very talented team but when you replace 9 starters on offense and 8 or 9 starters on defense then you're replacing those players with unproven Freshman, sophomores, and a few Juniors you're in trouble. They would be alright most years except West is loaded and Glenn has in my opinion the best team they've had in the last 10-15 years. Next year I think East will be the team to beat in the CPC just this year it's going to be between Glenn and West. I think that Glenn is an east 14 point favorite if played at East. Since Glenn is at home I will give them 19 (don't go crazy on me East fans haha) Glenn's offense is just too much for the defense to handle. This will be the best QB East has seen this year and I will say this, If East is going to win on defense they can't look like theyre in slow motion like they did against West. I know they're on the field alot of plays but that can't be an excuse. They also can't miss easy open field tackles like #2 for East did several times. I think I counted him missing 5 or 6 simple plays. If plays like that happen against Glenn and those quick speedy slot receivers look for Glenn to blow East out with that explosive offense. I could be wrong as I have been before but look at the stats. They have played alot of the same teams. East was beat up by Tabor and Glenn beat Tabor down. With all that said I really hope all of K-Ville comes out for this game.

Glenn - 32
East Forsyth - 13

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I saw the Glenn/Ragsdale film, Glenn looked exposed and had trouble winning the game. I think EF has more power than Glenn, but Glenn has more skilled guys this year. it will be close.

@Warhead1 you realize these same weapons you talk about from Glenn are the same weapons we put at least 40 on the last 3 seasons and while I don't believe we'll score 40 Friday they must convince themselves they can beat EF.

At some point it becomes as much mental than anything else with a long winning streak like this.

We're not scoring but neither will they.
So these weapons you speak of EF is more than familiar with. We would have it no other way than to got Glenn Friday night and deliver their first loss to them.

They still have yet to get a signature win and while our record isn't as attractive we're way more battle tested.

Agree with WarHead, I saw both play Mt Tabor and Glenn stomped a mud hole in Tabor while East took an L.... East doesn’t have playmakers (Not one Explosive Player) Nikee Martin, Amon Giles, Christian Beal, Madison Cone or Lavaunte Smith aren’t walking through that locker-room. I still think it’s close, Less than 10pts.

The defense was exposed vs Page & West Forsyth giving up all those rushing yards. I see Glenn running and throwing and pressuring QB Bullins into mistakes. If Nick Childs & AJ Hall are your stars/weapons; you are in trouble. Khalid Martin needs more offensive touches.

If I’m Coach Willert, I turn to some JV Speed that I saw last Thurs Night.

VeeJay’s NCPreps post made West Forsyth’s KJ Henry’s twitter (K5) and that didn’t help! He snapped-Shot it and highlighted those comments last week.

Last edited:
warhead - I'm in agreement with you as well. East definitely are hurting from losing the core of their senior class last year. Was at the game Friday night and noticed the East crowd leaving the game early in the 3rd quarter. I didn't understand that move being I'm a alum of East Forsyth whose nephew is on the JV team.

CPC- You're right East has a solid JV team and has some fast guys that may or may have not helped on Friday. I know Christian Beal's little brother #7 had some nice runs. Speaking of the JV game is the Ferguson kid #1 the QB okay? You could hear him screaming from the East Forsyth stands when he went down with an apparent leg injury...I know you mentioned him earlier in the spring as having a chance to win the varsity job but my nephew said he got injured during spring ball. They drove the ball straight down the field on there opening drive behind him to about the 15 yard line, but after his injury could not move the ball at all the remainder of the game. I hear him and the sophomore RB Wilson are first cousins, any truth to that being you are a West Forsyth guy. I sure hope the kid is okay, he seems to have a bright future.

Also, will Davie give you guys much of a fight this year being it is a Rivalry game on Friday?

@Veejay4 you do realize that all those players on that team that scored 40 points are playing for College teams this year and not the Eagles. Right now Glenn see's that East can be beat. Tabor beat East and Glenn beat the heck out of Tabor. To all of you saying Willert needs to put Martin on offense I don't think that's the answer. In my mind he needs to step up and start making big plays in the defense. He missed several easy tackles the last two games. One was a real bad open field tackle on a 3rd and long. IMO it looks like he is pressing to make all the plays and he is really missing more than I've ever seen from him in the past. As for the people asking for the JV players get out of here. They are no where near ready to play or they would be on Varsity. You do know East has about 4 or 5 skill players that are sophomores. East made the right choice last week by giving the ball to the sophomore RB's that are on Varsity. I love seeing the real short RB Chaplin and the other sophomore RB Marshall get the ball. Chaplin will be one of the most dangerous backs in the area if he gets in the weightroom this off-season. As for Bullins it's clear that he doesn't trust his oline at all. He may say he does to the paper and reporters but its clear on the film that he doesn't. Very similar to Cam Newton last year. When you are worried about getting hit you start taking your eyes off the WRs and start looking at the pass rush then your throwing mechanics go to crap. He scrambled a few times last week when #4 and #13 was wide open down field then was tackled for a 10 yard loss. Sometimes you just have to trust your guys to go up and get it. With that said the WRs need to go up and prove they will catch his passes. The Glenn Head Coach is in the paper saying they're getting no respect but fact is that's his fault for scheduling so many cupcakes with such a good team. He could've played some tough teams and still won with that offense. They will beat East but since East is down nobody will give them respect still even though their HC is saying East is the answer to respect. Facts are his team will beat East by a few scores and they still wont get respect until they beat West this year. I hope I'm wrong I would love to see East pull the upset this week. Still have Glenn winning but I've heard from some Glenn fans their starting RB will be out with a foot injury.

@Warhead1 Stevenson is saying that from a cross town rivals standpoint. I would understand we're not getting the respect we should until we beat a team that's owned us since 2 presidential terms and some change.

This is the game for Glenn because it's the next game and all that goes into this rivalry that hasn't been much of one since 07. They don't have the futility nor the rivalry against WF like they do us.

Glad I could make someone's Instagram. We didn't need that when I played. Optics can be misleading. Our 4-3 record is more real than 7-0 of Glenn. We were NOT beat up against Tabor (my goodness) we were under manned (part of football injuries) and out played by a fired up Tabor who look liked they win states after beating us.

I guarantee you couldn't get that same fire from them against Glenn and the result was a loss. You forget we were up 10-0 against that same Tabor team.

I'm telling you we're more battled tested and have played better quality opponents overall than Glenn. Again I already said we're not scoring 40 like we've done almost annually against Glenn but again there's nothing suggesting Glenn is running roughshod over defense that only runs into problems against physical rushing offenses and staying on the field too long which isn't Glenn's make up.

I agree Glenn could make life miserable for Bullins understanding he won't be mistaken for being the most athletic qb. I could agree to the only way that game does get away from us is turnovers which is possible however Glenn isn't stout enough on defense to cause the same issues Page and WF did for us.

Our defense will neutralize Glenn like we have and we will be able to rush the football with more success than we have recently.

We win by 14. Glenn is decidedly better but they play square into EF hands. I could see losing a close one to them but this 14-20 point whooping we have coming I don't see it. If they should ill be the first on tipping my hat like I did last week. I'm just happy the game is generating more buzz than usual. Its about time this game meant something.

@Warhead1 Stevenson is saying that from a cross town rivals standpoint. I would understand we're not getting the respect we should until we beat a team that's owned us since 2 presidential terms and some change.

This is the game for Glenn because it's the next game and all that goes into this rivalry that hasn't been much of one since 07. They don't have the futility nor the rivalry against WF like they do us.

Glad I could make someone's Instagram. We didn't need that when I played. Optics can be misleading. Our 4-3 record is more real than 7-0 of Glenn. We were NOT beat up against Tabor (my goodness) we were under manned (part of football injuries) and out played by a fired up Tabor who look liked they win states after beating us.

I guarantee you couldn't get that same fire from them against Glenn and the result was a loss. You forget we were up 10-0 against that same Tabor team.

I'm telling you we're more battled tested and have played better quality opponents overall than Glenn. Again I already said we're not scoring 40 like we've done almost annually against Glenn but again there's nothing suggesting Glenn is running roughshod over defense that only runs into problems against physical rushing offenses and staying on the field too long which isn't Glenn's make up.

I agree Glenn could make life miserable for Bullins understanding he won't be mistaken for being the most athletic qb. I could agree to the only way that game does get away from us is turnovers which is possible however Glenn isn't stout enough on defense to cause the same issues Page and WF did for us.

Our defense will neutralize Glenn like we have and we will be able to rush the football with more success than we have recently.

We win by 14. Glenn is decidedly better but they play square into EF hands. I could see losing a close one to them but this 14-20 point whooping we have coming I don't see it. If they should ill be the first on tipping my hat like I did last week. I'm just happy the game is generating more buzz than usual. Its about time this game meant something.

Items that need to be pointed out:

East had a period when football was BAD. Some suggest they have always been highly successful which is NOT the case at all. Glenn has had some successful seasons as well. Yes, East has dominated the cross town rival for awhile now. That doesn't mean much except for recent dominance.

Agree with WarHead, I saw both play Mt Tabor and Glenn stomped a mud hole in Tabor while East took an L.... East doesn’t have playmakers (Not one Explosive Player) Nikee Martin, Amon Giles, Christian Beal, Madison Cone or Lavaunte Smith aren’t walking through that locker-room. I still think it’s close, Less than 10pts.

The defense was exposed vs Page & West Forsyth giving up all those rushing yards. I see Glenn running and throwing and pressuring QB Bullins into mistakes. If Nick Childs & AJ Hall are your stars/weapons; you are in trouble. Khalid Martin needs more offensive touches.

If I’m Coach Willert, I turn to some JV Speed that I saw last Thurs Night.

VeeJay’s NCPreps post made West Forsyth’s KJ Henry’s twitter (K5) and that didn’t help! He snapped-Shot it and highlighted those comments last week.

I love how you keep pointing out their games against Mt Tabor. Not sure what game you watched but Glenn did not stomp a mud hole in MT one bit. That was a 14-7 game late in the 3rd with MT playing AWFUL! Final score very deceiving. Perfect storm of missing key players, poor play calling, and a fired up Tabor team in the East-MT game.

But.... this is very important.... none of that has any bearing on this game at all!!! If we're going to play the comparison game, you need to include the other common opponents, Carver and North, which East both beat worse than Glenn did. So that must mean East is the better team right? Isn't that how it works? No, it doesn't mean a thing!!

East is clearly down this year from where they have been. But the defense has played tough the last few weeks despite the offense leaving them on the field WAY too much. East will be able to run the ball more this week and control the clock, keeping the defense fresher. It will be a much closer game than in the past but East will be focused and fired up and will find a way to put more points on the board than the last few weeks while the D continues to hold strong. Eagles 27-20.

Was at the game Friday night and noticed the East crowd leaving the game early in the 3rd quarter. I didn't understand that move being I'm a alum of East Forsyth whose nephew is on the JV team.

I noticed the same thing when EF played Page..

We were pretty confused on why almost half of East Forsyth's fans were gone in the 3rd quarter, including all of the student section. The home stands were full at first, its like they stopped supporting the football team at halftime.. I've seen good chunks of people leave after the halftime homecoming festivities are over, but why did the students leave too? was it because of homecoming? I had never seen that before. East was up 16-3 at half, its not like the game was over... maybe they thought EF already had it in the bag... shocking... support your team and you could have been 5-1, now yall are looking 4-4 in the face.

Yes, it was weird to say the least... especially a cross-town rivalry game that through the years normally has big pivotal plays that normally decide the game, happen after halftime. I'm curious to see if this will continue on Friday, being that these 3 games were hyped as big games for the Eagles coming into this stretch run.

I love how you keep pointing out their games against Mt Tabor. Not sure what game you watched but Glenn did not stomp a mud hole in MT one bit. That was a 14-7 game late in the 3rd with MT playing AWFUL! Final score very deceiving. Perfect storm of missing key players, poor play calling, and a fired up Tabor team in the East-MT game.

But.... this is very important.... none of that has any bearing on this game at all!!! If we're going to play the comparison game, you need to include the other common opponents, Carver and North, which East both beat worse than Glenn did. So that must mean East is the better team right? Isn't that how it works? No, it doesn't mean a thing!!

East is clearly down this year from where they have been. But the defense has played tough the last few weeks despite the offense leaving them on the field WAY too much. East will be able to run the ball more this week and control the clock, keeping the defense fresher. It will be a much closer game than in the past but East will be focused and fired up and will find a way to put more points on the board than the last few weeks while the D continues to hold strong. Eagles 27-20.
I'm glad records don't play games. I concur @bumblebee33 .

Well, nailed most of this. Except for the part about the offense doing.... well, anything! Hate it for the defense. Made one stop after another to keep giving east a chance, just can't do it all. O has got to find a way to start moving the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT