ADVERTISEMENT

Kenneth Pollock NSJ Head Coach (for now)

:mad:Omg I got mad just reading this:mad: really and who ever the grown ups were that was called need their heads smacked for not turning around and going back to get this kid. "To far already" I have never been to far from anything to go help one of my sons teammates Their is so much that's wrong here

Idk i find it hard to believe but in this day and age nothing really surprises me.....some peoples temper gets the best of him....he had to know the results of his actions....if this is true he is gone(fired)

Reactions: 96panther
surely this is fake and just a jab at a rival.

however, if by some reason this is true....HE GONE.

FB is a game. It is not life, its a small part of life. What this coach did, could have lead to life changing events and not the good kind. Getting fired is not enough, this man could have some charges coming his way and rightfully so. Unbelievable! Glad the kid made it home!

Thats crazy....from what i saw on the daily news FB page all it took was a meeting with school admin,the coach,and the parent...a apology and saying it was a accident..????....thats it......situation could of ended a whole lot worse glad the kid actually made it home....but if im a parent with a child on this team im asking why wasnt there any consequences

smh.... One question...regardless of "why" he isn't on the bus...what would be the call today if something bad had happened to the player? Would it not be just as easy to kick him off the team when you got home? I wasn't there...but cool heads needed to prevail here.

exactly slee, that's why I present the argument for child endangerment. regardless of the sports side of it, if you leave that child there and something happens to him, whether it be something as simple as injury and worse case death, you are looking at a civil suit that would bankrupt the individual coach and the county school system.

I don't have a dog in the fight nor live in the area. I'm in the Triad but this is bad guys, just bad.

Amazing.... The reactions to this. Pollock definitely screwed up because no matter what he is still to abide by the rules set forth by the state for schools..

There is nothing in my mind that does not tell me that the kid said or did some really foul stuff in order to be left behind it's not like Northside has never lost before, and he refused him a ride because of his play.

The kids Parent sat down with coach and officials and accepted an a apology and everything is okay. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THIS KID!

If Pollock is released because of his actions then that is the result of his actions, but that kid said or did something, and nobody wants to talk about that!

Don't know where you guys are from, but there are some troubled kids out there and we ask our school system to control a problem that is not being controlled at home, and yell lawsuit or fire him when a teacher or coach has to show someone's kid what tough love is.

hey look, I'm from High Point so you are preaching to the choir about tough/challenging kids. More times than not, the teacher, coaches, and administrators are saints for what they have to deal with on a daily basis. However, when you take on any of those 3 roles, you have a responsibility as an ADULT to ensure above all else, that the safety of the children under your guidance is a top priority, regardless of the situation. Kids are kids. There's some good ones and there's some assholes in the mix too, we all know that but it's not an excuse. You get the kid on the bus, bring him home, and deal with it at that point. Anything less is negligent.

hey look, I'm from High Point so you are preaching to the choir about tough/challenging kids. More times than not, the teacher, coaches, and administrators are saints for what they have to deal with on a daily basis. However, when you take on any of those 3 roles, you have a responsibility as an ADULT to ensure above all else, that the safety of the children under your guidance is a top priority, regardless of the situation. Kids are kids. There's some good ones and there's some assholes in the mix too, we all know that but it's not an excuse. You get the kid on the bus, bring him home, and deal with it at that point. Anything less is negligent.
Couldn't have said it better myself. There is a difference in tough love and being a idiot.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Its a time and place for punishment and its called practice.....run laps do extra sprints you dont leave a kid stranded at a away school.......if u cant handle a kid with some lip probably shouldn't be a coach

So what I would like to know is that out of all of the other coaches on that staff. Nobody had the balls to say nope coach this ain't right let's go get the kid? Everyone on that coaching staff should be dismissed. Every single one of them. There is no way in the world that my kid would be apart of that team if this really did happen. No excuses whatsoever.

Good point. The other coaches shouldn't get a pass. Kind of alarming that not one of them stepped in and said coach, let's get him home and we can handle it at that time.

Amazing.... The reactions to this. Pollock definitely screwed up because no matter what he is still to abide by the rules set forth by the state for schools..

There is nothing in my mind that does not tell me that the kid said or did some really foul stuff in order to be left behind it's not like Northside has never lost before, and he refused him a ride because of his play.

The kids Parent sat down with coach and officials and accepted an a apology and everything is okay. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THIS KID!

If Pollock is released because of his actions then that is the result of his actions, but that kid said or did something, and nobody wants to talk about that!

Don't know where you guys are from, but there are some troubled kids out there and we ask our school system to control a problem that is not being controlled at home, and yell lawsuit or fire him when a teacher or coach has to show someone's kid what tough love is.

I don't give a flying f what the kid did. Short of pulling out a weapon and threatening the lives of his teammates. The coach had NO BUSINESS leaving that kid. NONE. As parents, you put your children in the hands of educators. To keep them safe. What if this kid had been robbed or killed?

Losing his job should be the least of his worries.

Its crazy how the school system is basically sweeping this under the rug.....either JDnews got the story wrong or something else is in play.....really dont see how a simple apology it was a accident made this go away.....

this just shows how ass backwards that school district is. I say this as respectful as possible considering I spent a good amount of time in eastern north Carolina through the years, but only in a smaller community like this would this be able to be swept under the rug. if this happened in the Triad, Charlotte, Asheville, Raleigh, etc, this dude would have been fired by end of day on Monday at the latest.

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS THAT THE COACH APOLOGIZED AND THATS THE END OF IT? thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. if thats true there has to be more to the story than we know. whatever it is all the coaches on that staff should be fired now. period

Darkhorse#34,

good game tonight. clinton is a good team and will be dangerous.

to clarify, we didn't get the story wrong. we went through the proper channels and got our information from the school system. there's wasn't much that we could report on other than there was an investigation and how its now closed.
legally, there are certain things that can and can't be said about what went on, as frustrating as that is.

Its crazy how the school system is basically sweeping this under the rug.....either JDnews got the story wrong or something else is in play.....really dont see how a simple apology it was a accident made this go away.....

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Darkhorse#34,

good game tonight. clinton is a good team and will be dangerous.

to clarify, we didn't get the story wrong. we went through the proper channels and got our information from the school system. there's wasn't much that we could report on other than there was an investigation and how its now closed.
legally, there are certain things that can and can't be said about what went on, as frustrating as that is.

Officiating left something to be desired....that catch and fumble lol yeah that was just a incomplete pass but oh well we had our chances

Knowing more about the situation than most, just want to say that media put out what they heard. Which is their job. But also, without saying to much the situation was blown up. There is a reason the whole team rallied behind the Coach. They were there and witnessed it. Don't jump to absolute conclusions so fast. I understand looking at the situation as an outsider not from the program or school that you have the right to be angered. But once again. You don't know what actually happened. Coach P will stay as coach as he deserves. It's okay to stop bashing now, especially when you barely know the details.

Reactions: Champ_24
Not even up for debate. Dude should have lost his job. He knows it. The staff knows it. Everybody knows it. ZERO excuse to leave a kid at an away game. ZERO. To try and make any excuse at this point reflects even more poorly on you, the school, the athletic dept, county school system, etc. If I'm a Northside fan, I keep quiet and hope this goes away soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT