ADVERTISEMENT

Just Curious....

By the Fence

Oct 14, 2017
I have seen more districts suspend athletic activities until further notice recently due to the pandemic.

One of those is Columbus and I also think I saw where Sampson was also indefinitely suspended.

What is the rationale in Whiteville city and Clinton city systems not following suit and also suspending athletic activities? Both counties are more similar than different and I would think both cities share a lot of similarities. Not seeking to turn the thread into a political debate rather just asking what the reasoning might be how city schools can hold workouts when the other 4-5 high schools in the same county (many times only a few miles away) cannot?

I am sure there might be others across the state but these are the two in my area I noticed. Again, not talking about adjoining counties (New Hanover-open, Brunswick-suspended), but schools in the same counties that are not doing the same thing, one way or the other.

In Davidson County, the two cities have totally different approaches from the county....with the academic and athletic circumstances.

I have seen more districts suspend athletic activities until further notice recently due to the pandemic.

One of those is Columbus and I also think I saw where Sampson was also indefinitely suspended.

What is the rationale in Whiteville city and Clinton city systems not following suit and also suspending athletic activities? Both counties are more similar than different and I would think both cities share a lot of similarities. Not seeking to turn the thread into a political debate rather just asking what the reasoning might be how city schools can hold workouts when the other 4-5 high schools in the same county (many times only a few miles away) cannot?

I am sure there might be others across the state but these are the two in my area I noticed. Again, not talking about adjoining counties (New Hanover-open, Brunswick-suspended), but schools in the same counties that are not doing the same thing, one way or the other.

Ha really? Not everyone reads into this media push covidflu bs. Onslow Co has been practicing for weeks. There will be a season, some teams will be ready and soke wont. The sheep need to wake up. Maybe after this disappears again off the news after the election, kind of like it during the protests. Maybe some will understand how blown out of portion this is getting

Reactions: rambbq
Thanks for not answering the question and for attempting to take the thread into a direction I did not want it to go.

If Onslow County has a season, have a great time watching football in a county with one very good team, a decent team and the remainder very average or below average teams.

Thanks for not answering the question and for attempting to take the thread into a direction I did not want it to go.

If Onslow County has a season, have a great time watching football in a county with one very good team, a decent team and the remainder very average or below average teams.

Each school and county can choose which ever plan they wish. Answered the question the first time, but you're brainwashed by the media. Only team waiting to hear from is ED. Full slate of games for SWO

Not brainwashed by anything. I never said I agreed or disagreed with what each LEA is doing only questioning how city districts are handling it differently than those in the same county.

My beliefs have nothing to do with decisions made or not made by each school system.

Facts are that there are more schools not participating than those that are and my gut tells me that if all schools can't participate in fall sports, then none will.

Reactions: UNC91
Not brainwashed by anything. I never said I agreed or disagreed with what each LEA is doing only questioning how city districts are handling it differently than those in the same county.

My beliefs have nothing to do with decisions made or not made by each school system.

Facts are that there are more schools not participating than those that are and my gut tells me that if all schools can't participate in fall sports, then none will.

It will be up to the school. With kids returning for 2 days in class then 3 days learning from home, means there will be a season. We shall see in the next few weeks. My source said full go as of sept 1 to be the first game. WRH and Clinton heard were a go as well. Your from ED any word?

Your sources are misinformed.

I would do more research if I were you as evidenced by your posts you really have no idea whats going on.

WRH, like the rest of Duplin County is not doing anything.

I live in Duplin County but do not have allegiance to any school as I am a transplant.

No way football is played 9/1. Ain't gonna happen.

I would do more research if I were you as evidenced by your posts you really have no idea whats going on.

I live in Duplin County but do not have allegiance to any school as I am a transplant.

WRH has been conditioning for weeks brother. My souce is right on the money

Yeah you do fence. You a dog!

My sources tell me more info coming from the county on Monday but the vibe I am getting is workouts will remain suspended indefinitely.

Duplin has highest number of cases east of 95. Call me a pessimist, but unless something radically changes quickly, I see no kids in schools and no athletics here for a while.

My sources tell me more info coming from the county on Monday but the vibe I am getting is workouts will remain suspended indefinitely.

Duplin has highest number of cases east of 95. Call me a pessimist, but unless something radically changes quickly, I see no kids in schools and no athletics here for a while.

My step daughter has a business in Kenansville. Hard hit area for sure. You could say she has a skepticism about news, but the outbreak there has convinced her different.

And conditioning is one thing, but if they are doing football related things they are in violation as well. With the fist week a dead period, it is going to be tough to start a season September 1.

I started to correct a couple of posts I have seen where it mentions "practices" but I decided why bother. Dont see how you can practice football with no football and social distancing but what do I know? The criteria laid out by the NCHSAA was very specific but some who are not being practical with this have not bothered to read it. First five days of school, whenever that is, will be a dead period, hence no practices and no games. Anyone who thinks there will be a full slate of games is kidding themselves.

Some counties have already decided to do virtual only classes for a period of time at the beginning of the school year and more will follow as all districts have that option. If you dont have kids on campus, you are not going to practice and if you arent going to practice, then you are not going to play. The NCHSAA will not allow some schools to play and some to not play. It will not happen.

Don’t you hate it when facts ruin a good argument.

I think a lot of these people just live in an echo chamber of BS. They have no perspective outside of their small circles and they suffer for it. Anything that challenges those ideas sends their heads spinning...

If kids can’t go to school full time, there is no way that a contact sport like football is going to be played. It’s really that simple. You can’t have kids in a full classroom but you’re going to let teams tackle each other? Come on guys!

Then just for fun, let’s say they do allow football to be played. You really think they would allow spectators to pile into stadiums? I want football as much as anyone but some of you are living in the clouds.

I think a lot of these people just live in an echo chamber of BS. They have no perspective outside of their small circles and they suffer for it. Anything that challenges those ideas sends their heads spinning...

If kids can’t go to school full time, there is no way that a contact sport like football is going to be played. It’s really that simple. You can’t have kids in a full classroom but you’re going to let teams tackle each other? Come on guys!

Then just for fun, let’s say they do allow football to be played. You really think they would allow spectators to pile into stadiums? I want football as much as anyone but some of you are living in the clouds.
Amen......

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Ha really? Not everyone reads into this media push covidflu bs. Onslow Co has been practicing for weeks. There will be a season, some teams will be ready and soke wont. The sheep need to wake up. Maybe after this disappears again off the news after the election, kind of like it during the protests. Maybe some will understand how blown out of portion this is getting
I knew four people that have died from this " media push covidflu bs. " Tell their families its bullshit and you may ride your moped back to Jacksonville sans teeth.. Perhaps you could journey beyond the confines of your trailer park once every six or eight months and realize there is more to the world than your horse blinding, haughty, and straight up dumbass attitude.
TSLT180442

I knew four people that have died from this " media push covidflu bs. " Tell their families its bullshit and you may ride your moped back to Jacksonville sans teeth.. Perhaps you could journey beyond the confines of your trailer park once every six or eight months and realize there is more to the world than your horse blinding, haughty, and straight up dumbass attitude.
TSLT180442
I've met alot of people that live in trailor parks, some of them live there because they want too.
Why is it that anytime someone post something that everyone might not agree with.insted of having a senceable debate it turns into name calling or predigest against some group of people. I guess I will answer my own question . Political correctness it will be the end of all of us.
I may not agree with triple 5s post, but he has the right to be a fool just as well as I do.
One more thing it's terrible that 4 people have lost there lives , but I would bet just as many have overdosed on drugs , got killed in a car wreck or got gunned down at a peaceful protest. It's life non of us are guaranteed one more day..

I've met alot of people that live in trailor parks, some of them live there because they want too.
Why is it that anytime someone post something that everyone might not agree with.insted of having a senceable debate it turns into name calling or predigest against some group of people. I guess I will answer my own question . Political correctness it will be the end of all of us.
I may not agree with triple 5s post, but he has the right to be a fool just as well as I do.
One more thing it's terrible that 4 people have lost there lives , but I would bet just as many have overdosed on drugs , got killed in a car wreck or got gunned down at a peaceful protest. It's life non of us are guaranteed one more day..

It’s impossible to have a sensible debate when one group is completely illiterate on basic facts and knowledge. The death of this country will be the badge of ignorance that so many wear proudly on their chest.

All opinions are not equal. Just because you have one doesn’t mean it should be given the time of day. It’s a persons right to be ignorant but they should expect to be called out on their BS.

When you start talking about car wrecks and drug overdoses it demonstrates that you have no concept of the situation that is actually unfolding in this country.

It’s impossible to have a sensible debate when one group is completely illiterate on basic facts and knowledge. The death of this country will be the badge of ignorance that so many wear proudly on their chest.

All opinions are not equal. Just because you have one doesn’t mean it should be given the time of day. It’s a persons right to be ignorant but they should expect to be called out on their BS.

When you start talking about car wrecks and drug overdoses it demonstrates that you have no concept of the situation that is actually unfolding in this country.

There are so much misinformation it’s crazy. It all has due with who the President is. I bet you didn’t care one bit when we had the swine flu. You had Fauci saying mask aren’t important in March and that he was more worried about the Flu at 1st.One side was more worried about a impeachment when it 1st started instead of working on trying to getting the virus taken care of.The deaths are being mis recorded counting COVID deaths when people didn’t die from COVID.Right now they are falsely confirming new cases. Have you seen this were we as a Country just got lucky with the swine flu with a lot of the same experts.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
There are so much misinformation it’s crazy. It all has due with who the President is. I bet you didn’t care one bit when we had the swine flu. You had Fauci saying mask aren’t important in March and that he was more worried about the Flu at 1st.One side was more worried about a impeachment when it 1st started instead of working on trying to getting the virus taken care of.The deaths are being mis recorded counting COVID deaths when people didn’t die from COVID.Right now they are falsely confirming new cases. Have you seen this were we as a Country just got lucky with the swine flu with a lot of the same experts.

First, you’re literally quoting Matt Margolis who is the definition of right wing propaganda. You’ve already told on yourself. I’m sure he “tells it like it is” though o_O

I’m sure you know all about how the deaths are being miscounted because you have first hand experience in the matter.

I’m sure you know all about the misdiagnosis rates since you also have first hand knowledge of that as well.

The Fauci stuff is probably the dumbest thing you’ve said. However, I’m sure you’re a world renowned disease doctor with intimate knowledge on the subject.

So, where do you get your information again?

And just for fun, the context of that video is Ron Klain is describing why the Obama administration began making preparations for a future pandemic. This country was lucky because of the low lethality of swine flu. He is saying that if another more lethal virus came through, the death toll would be much higher. That’s why they left a pandemic playbook to prepare in case it happened in the future.

You’re boy scrapped it when he came into office. Now guess what’s happened? A more lethal virus has come through just as was predicted.

Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Last edited:
You just proved my point. I picked that video for a reason. You just proved the virus is political for you. Wasnt George Bush the one who became very worried about a Pandemic after reading a book about the 1918 Flu and started a plan. Didn’t Obama cut millions of dollars from the Pandemic plan. Are you saying Fauci at 1st didn’t say this.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
You just proved my point. I picked that video for a reason. You just proved the virus is political for you. Wasnt George Bush the one who became very worried about a Pandemic after reading a book about the 1918 Flu and started a plan. Didn’t Obama cut millions of dollars from the Pandemic plan. Are you saying Fauci at 1st didn’t say this.

Life is political.

At this point, nothing you say makes any sense. I could sit back and tear apart each line of what you say but it really doesn’t matter. You’re opinion will never change and neither will mine. I would urge you to research some of those things though. You may be surprised at what you learn.

TSLT180442

Ha man wow. First live in the Carrboro area. Second no trailer park sir. Im not sure what that has to do with anything but okay.. Third I've known two that have crossed over during this time. Both old and preexisting conditions. If your scared of this media pushed bs virus, then sir im sorry you fear for your life. Turn off the cnn and foxnews shit. Research for your self please. Not sure why your attacking people on this board. We are in this together sir. There is a classsss war and race warrrrr in front of our eyes.

Thank you sir. These sheep will do anything the government tells them

"Why is it that anytime someone post something that everyone might not agree with.insted of having a senceable debate it turns into name calling or predigest against some group of people." Sensible debate must be based on the same set of facts. We have two narratives working in America right now. The legitimate media and...THIS

This thread has taken a weird turn. It’s politics on steroids. We have bad leadership at the National level, a doofus in the governor’s mansion , and looks like those Friday night lights will be dark this fall. Maybe 2021 will be better, it’s not an election year.

Crest is G, man what a breath of fresh air . You brought a truce flag to this thread, Shelby concession hotdogs are the best (in my opinion). Maybe before this thread is locked the conversation will turn back to HS football . Don’t know who you pull for, nothing calms the nerves like a good HD, all the way. Peace!!

I’m a South Point fan. A proud member of the class of 2004 (the best class in SP history). We are surrounded by good people on these boards even if we don’t agree in everything.

Also, I don’t care what any of you say, that 2003 SP team would wipe to floor with any of your best teams. It’s not debatable.

This thread has taken a weird turn. It’s politics on steroids. We have bad leadership at the National level, a doofus in the governor’s mansion , and looks like those Friday night lights will be dark this fall. Maybe 2021 will be better, it’s not an election year.
This is one situation where politics and sports are one and the same. I didnt make it so. The people in that video I posted DID along with the politicians they appeal to. Now for some ideas for debate. YOu want to know the difference between NC and the now world epicenter of this plague, as in Florida, (TX not far behind???) That doofus in our governors mansion. Thats it. I didnt like a single decision he has made but see the necessity of him making them. And we are doing better than those states that went a different way because of those decisions. I also am not ready to write off 2020 for sports, IF we all try to follow the simple guidelines....masking, social distancing hand washing etc until this dies down. Now which narrative are you going to follow, the one in the video above featuring Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity and those that really DO have a political axe to grind? OR our trained and experienced scientists virologists and the organizations with the expertise to advise us on what to do and not to do to contain this threat? EVERYTHING is political in this day and age. Even matters of life and death.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT