ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte williams

You are right about the Heisman being political...always has been...for example, in 1956 Paul Hornung (who is in the pro football HOF) won the Heisman playing for Notre Dame.....ND's record that year was 2-8...........'Nuff said.......Congrats Javonte and Carter as Rb's...and shoutout to that O line.....I'm a NC State ...but I enjoyed every minute of watching Miami getting taken apart.....................How the heck did UNC lose to Fla. St and especially Va.????
Because the tar heels never win at Virginia. Seems like

Reactions: UNC91
Young man had a Heisman moment today on that on that run when he completely destroyed a Miami defender......if UNC doesnt slip up against FSU and UVA he really could of had a shot at being a finalist. We all know the Heisman is political and popularity. I do think he has a real chance to win the Doak Walker tho and his draft stock continues to rise. Would like to see another year of him in Chapel Hill but if he shows out like this in UNC's bowl game hopefully a Orange bowl bid he could make that jump to the league

I'm a UNC guy and would love to have him back but he's the #3 RB (behind Harris and ETN), that is hard to pass up. I know him and his family loves UNC and wants that degree -- will root for him regardless which decision he makes. Just a terrific football player and person.

You are right about the Heisman being political...always has been...for example, in 1956 Paul Hornung (who is in the pro football HOF) won the Heisman playing for Notre Dame.....ND's record that year was 2-8...........'Nuff said.......Congrats Javonte and Carter as Rb's...and shoutout to that O line.....I'm a NC State ...but I enjoyed every minute of watching Miami getting taken apart.....................How the heck did UNC lose to Fla. St and especially Va.????

Young team still learning how to win. A lot of these guys were part of the 2-3 win seasons in 2017 & 2018. Defense seems to be turning a corner ever sense they've started playing Conley/Grimes/Evans and Pinder more. Those dudes plus the #12 class coming in next year, entire O-line coming back, Sam coming back -- look out.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
I'm a UNC guy and would love to have him back but he's the #3 RB (behind Harris and ETN), that is hard to pass up. I know him and his family loves UNC and wants that degree -- will root for him regardless which decision he makes. Just a terrific football player and person.

Hes got to turn pro. He might be the #1 running back on some teams board. Would love to see him come back, but believe hes on track to graduate in the spring. Ask these wrh boys, he was even better in the classroom, then the field. Just another NFL caliber player coming out of WRH.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
They both will be off the board by 2nd round, if William's leaves early

Yep! I could see both getting taken in first round as well. Carter really helped his stock. I’m not sure Williams comes back he has to be a guaranteed 1st round early 2nd round pick

Hes got to turn pro. He might be the #1 running back on some teams board. Would love to see him come back, but believe hes on track to graduate in the spring. Ask these wrh boys, he was even better in the classroom, then the field. Just another NFL caliber player coming out of WRH.
WRH has had some mighty good HS players that were good college players but I would be hard pressed to name a NFL caliber player recently. Nate Irving is the last and only one I have seen in last 20 years or so.

Lots of folks around here still say Jimmy Jerome was the best player in WRH history but that was 50 years or so ago I think.

Yep! I could see both getting taken in first round as well. Carter really helped his stock. I’m not sure Williams comes back he has to be a guaranteed 1st round early 2nd round pick
RBs arent taken with high picks as often as they use to be. Many teams find good or great RBs in the later rounds. Average career is what 4-5 years maybe? Look at Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliot. Two to three really fantastic years and then the wear and tear start to show.

From 2015-2019, 9 running backs TOTAL were taken in the first round. 2020 draft saw one, the last pick in the first round though 5 were selected in the second round.

Still would be a good pay day either way but NFL teams use high picks on corners, QB, DL and edge rushers. Just the way the game is played now.

Reactions: dogs79
RBs arent taken with high picks as often as they use to be. Many teams find good or great RBs in the later rounds. Average career is what 4-5 years maybe? Look at Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliot. Two to three really fantastic years and then the wear and tear start to show.

From 2015-2019, 9 running backs TOTAL were taken in the first round. 2020 draft saw one, the last pick in the first round though 5 were selected in the second round.

Still would be a good pay day either way but NFL teams use high picks on corners, QB, DL and edge rushers. Just the way the game is played now.

Correct, very rarely see them drafted high anymore. I think he leaves more so bc he'll most likely be the third RB off the board. Maybe he wants to come back and aim for #1 and possibly the heisman?

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
WRH has had some mighty good HS players that were good college players but I would be hard pressed to name a NFL caliber player recently. Nate Irving is the last and only one I have seen in last 20 years or so.

Lots of folks around here still say Jimmy Jerome was the best player in WRH history but that was 50 years or so ago I think.
Class of 1970. Died in 1975 after playing at UNC.

Correct, very rarely see them drafted high anymore. I think he leaves more so bc he'll most likely be the third RB off the board. Maybe he wants to come back and aim for #1 and possibly the heisman?
Anything is possible though it seems recently more Heisman hype around QBs. Unless you are a RB at Alabama (Derrick Henry) and play in some type of an offense that is more balanced, it is difficult to put up gaudy type stats.

Since 2000, the Heisman has been awarded 19 times. 17 times a QB has won it. Two RBs won it (Derrick Henry and Mark Ingram)

Anything is possible though it seems recently more Heisman hype around QBs. Unless you are a RB at Alabama (Derrick Henry) and play in some type of an offense that is more balanced, it is difficult to put up gaudy type stats.

Since 2000, the Heisman has been awarded 19 times. 17 times a QB has won it. Two RBs won it (Derrick Henry and Mark Ingram)

Yep, that is why I said possibly. With Fields, Trask, Lawrence, Jones gone....who knows? Kid is a stud.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
NC State fan. Watched Javonte play several times in high school. He was a all star then and has just continued to get better. He would be absolutely crazy not to go pro after this season. The shelf life of a NFL RB is not forever but he is the kind of talent that could give you 5 maybe 6 good years in the league.

I will admit I was really disappointed when I heard the news yesterday.But I completely understand the move by Mr. Williams and I wish nothing but the very best for him.He will always be one of my all time favorite Tar Heels.

lol...good luck to Williams...but as a NC State fan...I will be licking my chops watching the Heels get destroyed by Texas A&M....can't lose players the caliber of the Rb.'s and WR and hope to compete....Heels would have had a tough time anyway...but now their chances in the Orange Bow are NADA......

Reactions: eastern
lol...good luck to Williams...but as a NC State fan...I will be licking my chops watching the Heels get destroyed by Texas A&M....can't lose players the caliber of the Rb.'s and WR and hope to compete....Heels would have had a tough time anyway...but now their chances in the Orange Bow are NADA......

well I’ll be there first hand to witness it, I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Lol. Good! Lick those chops while you watch the Heels in the Orange Bowl while the entire O-line, Sam, Khafre, Rose, Simmons and 9 starters on D return for the Heels next year. Oh yea, also a top 10-15 class coming in thanks to Mack dominating the state of NC for the 2021 class. Hopefully they'll do better than the Pack did against the Aggies two years ago. Best wishes, Javonte!

And we will be licking our chops next fall when our Heels once again humiliate your little Wolf Pack in Carter Finley. :cool:

Im sure State fans are happy to see him go didnt he basically outscored the Wolfpack by himself these last 2 years

State fans on the forums tried to downplay his talent when he committed to UNC. I told them they would find out when he started scoring td's against State. It wasn't a popular post for me but it was the truth. He scored 4 on State this year I think. I enjoyed seeing him play at WRH. Kid was as good a high school RB as I have seen. I grew up watching Roland Hooks in Vanceboro then in the early 90's we had Lee Becton. Javonte is right up there with them and that is the highest compliment I can give him. I even watched UNC games this year just to watch him play. But I'm glad he's gone now. Enough of that stuff!! GTHC

A&M had a few players opting out as well. I dont think unc will have trouble with them. Howell will have a huggggggge day. Look for some younger 4 stars step up. Unc is young at every position

State fans on the forums tried to downplay his talent when he committed to UNC. I told them they would find out when he started scoring td's against State. It wasn't a popular post for me but it was the truth. He scored 4 on State this year I think. I enjoyed seeing him play at WRH. Kid was as good a high school RB as I have seen. I grew up watching Roland Hooks in Vanceboro then in the early 90's we had Lee Becton. Javonte is right up there with them and that is the highest compliment I can give him. I even watched UNC games this year just to watch him play. But I'm glad he's gone now. Enough of that stuff!! GTHC

He was a beast in highschool. Glad to have seen him play at wrh and unc. I'll be at the orange bowl as well, thanks to my son. I cant wait.

Don’t worry, now it’s gonna be Edmonds from Havelock putting it on State for the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
A&M had a few players opting out as well. I dont think unc will have trouble with them. Howell will have a huggggggge day. Look for some younger 4 stars step up. Unc is young at every position

As they say " Next man up!!"

No p
No opt outs for Texas AM as of today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT