ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte williams

#25 is having a pretty decent season I try to tell people outside duplin co. This guy was one of the best rb n NC his senior year.

Pretty decent? Guy is going wild every game day. If he was the only back playing at unc, promise he would be up for a Heisman trophy

The kid leads the nation in broken tackles........ first in TD by a running back..... while sharing carries with another great back Carter. Only two backs in the nation to avg 100 each on same team.

My wrh guys have been preaching his talent for years. Always thought he was a stud, but taking over games on tv wow dream come true for him. Unc offered only after state title game AT UNC after he went off.

From my source inside unc, William's will return for his senior year. If he does watch out, preseason all American....... Heisman trophy candidate

Your 100 percent right brother. But for him, he went off ... well over 200 yards. First play on offense went 80 yards to the house
No need to pad the numbers. He didn't need it. First play was around right end for 60 yd TD. Gained 206 yds on 22 carries.

Great game with WRH beating Reidsville in OT. He made me a believer that night.

And it is correct that except for that game he would never have received a UNC offer.

Reactions: UNC91
No need to pad the numbers. He didn't need it. First play was around right end for 60 yd TD. Gained 206 yds on 22 carries.

And it is correct that except for that game he would never have received a UNC offer.

The same thing happened with Stephen gosnell vs reidsville

Reactions: Mhsneer and UNC91
Your 100 percent right brother. But for him, he went off ... well over 200 yards. First play on offense went 80 yards to the house

What is newkirk doing? He seemed like could at least be playing at the fcs level right now.

Reactions: dogs79

Mule it was 73 yds on the first play from scrimmage against Reidsville. Dog79 has a highlight video on his facebook page. Line of scrimmage was the 27. I was there with dog79 and olddog77 I had the pleasure of seeing Javonte 3 times that year. Funny thing is he took the first snap in all 3 games I saw to the house. Havelock (72 yds), Northeastern (63yds), and Reidsville (73). All top competition. I've seen some great backs in high school. I coached one in little league that played for us at West Craven and went on to ND and set a rushing record there for consecutive 100 yard games Lee Becton. Lee broke his wrist bad and had another injury that wound up his football career. I can't say who is better but when you are that good it don't matter. Carolina is loaded with talent.

here is the highlight video I mentioned.

Great player hated my team going against him he was and is a absolute stud. Then hearing about how good of a student he is made me like him even more. Bright future enjoying watching his success at UNC

Great player hated my team going against him he was and is a absolute stud. Then hearing about how good of a student he is made me like him even more. Bright future enjoying watching his success at UNC

How you doing 34? This is the first year since I have been old enough to hold a football that I have not been to a game for high school ball. It's crazy. We should nuke the damn Chinese!

Mule it was 73 yds on the first play from scrimmage against Reidsville. Dog79 has a highlight video on his facebook page. Line of scrimmage was the 27. I was there with dog79 and olddog77 I had the pleasure of seeing Javonte 3 times that year. Funny thing is he took the first snap in all 3 games I saw to the house. Havelock (72 yds), Northeastern (63yds), and Reidsville (73). All top competition. I've seen some great backs in high school. I coached one in little league that played for us at West Craven and went on to ND and set a rushing record there for consecutive 100 yard games Lee Becton. Lee broke his wrist bad and had another injury that wound up his football career. I can't say who is better but when you are that good it don't matter. Carolina is loaded with talent.

Thanks thought it was closer to 80 yards, then the 60 mule said. He didnt like what he saw so had to minus some yards hahhah just messing brother...

Otis....odd that you mentioned Lee Becton....I remember going to the West Craven/Reidsville playoff game in 1990 (in Vanceboro) when Reidsville upset West Craven 27-21...and had to make a defensive stand inside the five at the end of the game to win it.......Rams dominated the first half of that game being up 21-0 but a furious rally by West Craven (led by Becton) almost brought them all the way back.........................

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Pretty decent? Guy is going wild every game day. If he was the only back playing at unc, promise he would be up for a Heisman trophy

The kid leads the nation in broken tackles........ first in TD by a running back..... while sharing carries with another great back Carter. Only two backs in the nation to avg 100 each on same team.

My wrh guys have been preaching his talent for years. Always thought he was a stud, but taking over games on tv wow dream come true for him. Unc offered only after state title game AT UNC after he went off.

From my source inside unc, William's will return for his senior year. If he does watch out, preseason all American....... Heisman trophy candidate
The offer was coming one way or another. Trust me on my sources. Four teams played at Kenan that Saturday. Guess which one was the only one that dressed in the Carolina locker room......while designated as a visiting team.

He is a super person and is so deserving of everything he has accomplished. Does things the right way and is a credit to the community, school and football program.

Otis....odd that you mentioned Lee Becton....I remember going to the West Craven/Reidsville playoff game in 1990 (in Vanceboro) when Reidsville upset West Craven 27-21...and had to make a defensive stand inside the five at the end of the game to win it.......Rams dominated the first half of that game being up 21-0 but a furious rally by West Craven (led by Becton) almost brought them all the way back.........................
The really strange thing about that game was West Craven used Becton as a decoy the entire first half. Hard to understand that strategy. When they finally turned him loose the second half he nearly won the game single handed.

Looooong road trip.

Thanks thought it was closer to 80 yards, then the 60 mule said. He didnt like what he saw so had to minus some yards hahhah just messing brother...
Well, I am going to all the the Carolina home games this year and I just am amazed at how great Javonte is breaking tackles.

Two of the UNC Assistant Coaches and former players that I have known for many years were at the WRH/Reidsville game in Kenan Stadium and they could not believe they had not offered him previous to that game. After the game, they could not wait to get him an offer. And he is, and has been a Carolina fan all of his life. Great story and a great example that if you believe it is possible to live your dreams.

Well, I am going to all the the Carolina home games this year and I just am amazed at how great Javonte is breaking tackles.

Two of the UNC Assistant Coaches and former players that I have known for many years were at the WRH/Reidsville game in Kenan Stadium and they could not believe they had not offered him previous to that game. After the game, they could not wait to get him an offer. And he is, and has been a Carolina fan all of his life. Great story and a great example that if you believe it is possible to live your dreams.

I've been fortunate to see one game in person this year as well. Love the heart he runs with every touch. The kid is thick like Todd Gurley, but no injury history. Hope he can be the next great back out of ENC

Yea that was a great game. The best compliment to Becton came from Havelock coach Wilbur Sasser when he said he was going to West Craven's graduation to make sure Lee Becton walked across that stage

With zero college offers??? You can tell the future I see ?

I felt the same way as Wiz after I saw Javonte play. In fact hearing he was a huge Carolina fan I wondered if he was a silent commit. I would post about him in States premium message boards and the feeling from the replies I would get made me feel they felt that way too. Too small, plays for a small school so on. It pissed me off because I knew he would be really good in college. I even told them to remember the conversation when Javonte was scoring TD's against State. I just always knew inside he would be at Carolina. Had State offered him I don't think it would have changed things. He's just a great person foremost and a great athlete. WRH fans will be talking about him 50 years from now and rightfully so.

Also one of the best running backs I’ve ever seen in person. Between him and tj Logan.
Javonte is the best I've ever seen also. Johnny (JJ)Glaspie is one that I think had as much talent but different work ethics. JJ is at Fayetteville State. Might see Sundays also.

Cant believe someone thought he was too small for D1 lol 5'11 218 i believe he was listed at his senior year maybe its just me but thats pretty solid for a RB. I hate that small school vs big school mentality when it comes to recruiting. Its plenty of kids in these small towns like Wallace,Clinton,Elizabethtown,Beulaville etc that are just as talented then a kid in Charlotte,Raleigh,Greensboro. Wonder what those State fans have to say about him after what he has done to them these last 2 match ups.

I have had season tickets since 08.It has been tough for me not to able to make it up to Chapel Hill this season. I bet Javonte laid them out when he played linebacker. He is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Anyone see that block he had yesterday lol man oh man i seen that before. Crazy they actually tried to review it for targeting. Good clean hard block.
Hey 34. Remember, 10 (Smith) freshman or sophomore Darkhorse running back on the north end of dog pound. Javonte was a junior and hit em as hard a hit that I've seen in football. Just about ruined that young man. Great football game. I don't even remember who won.

Hey 34. Remember, 10 (Smith) freshman or sophomore Darkhorse running back on the north end of dog pound. Javonte was a junior and hit em as hard a hit that I've seen in football. Just about ruined that young man. Great football game. I don't even remember who won.
Lol i remember....i remember Clinton winning 35-21....also #10 got his revenge on Wallace his senior year with a big truck stick on a bulldog defender late in the game. Legend has it the Wallace DB is still embedded in the field where Smith ran him over lol

That lick he put on the Northeastern guy returning a punt is one I will always remember. Its in that highlight film posted above.

In the Reidsville game, Javonte netted 195 yards on 22 attempts. He had 73, 14 and 25 on his first three attempts. After that, Reidsville "limited" him to 83 yards on 19 carries (4.4 per carry). Rams did a pretty good defensive job but the two turnovers were decisive.

In the Reidsville game, Javonte netted 195 yards on 22 attempts. He had 73, 14 and 25 on his first three attempts. After that, Reidsville "limited" him to 83 yards on 19 carries (4.4 per carry). Rams did a pretty good defensive job but the two turnovers were decisive.
One of eight college players listed today by ESPN as in consideration for the Heisman. Though he only received one vote from the thirteen voters, he was one of only eight getting votes. Well deserved.

One of eight college players listed today by ESPN as in consideration for the Heisman. Though he only received one vote from the thirteen voters, he was one of only eight getting votes. Well deserved.
Huge stage for Javonte today in Kenan Stadium against one of the best run defenses in the nation in Notre Dame. I'll be there to cheer him on but I highly suspect the Heels will be throwing the ball a lot and he will not get as many carries as usual.

The late hit by the Rams inside the 10 yd line in overtime was the decisive play in the game.

Young man had a Heisman moment today on that on that run when he completely destroyed a Miami defender......if UNC doesnt slip up against FSU and UVA he really could of had a shot at being a finalist. We all know the Heisman is political and popularity. I do think he has a real chance to win the Doak Walker tho and his draft stock continues to rise. Would like to see another year of him in Chapel Hill but if he shows out like this in UNC's bowl game hopefully a Orange bowl bid he could make that jump to the league

Young man had a Heisman moment today on that on that run when he completely destroyed a Miami defender......if UNC doesnt slip up against FSU and UVA he really could of had a shot at being a finalist. We all know the Heisman is political and popularity. I do think he has a real chance to win the Doak Walker tho and his draft stock continues to rise. Would like to see another year of him in Chapel Hill but if he shows out like this in UNC's bowl game hopefully a Orange bowl bid he could make that jump to the league
What he and Carter did yesterday was incredible. Go Heels.

You are right about the Heisman being political...always has been...for example, in 1956 Paul Hornung (who is in the pro football HOF) won the Heisman playing for Notre Dame.....ND's record that year was 2-8...........'Nuff said.......Congrats Javonte and Carter as Rb's...and shoutout to that O line.....I'm a NC State ...but I enjoyed every minute of watching Miami getting taken apart.....................How the heck did UNC lose to Fla. St and especially Va.????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT