ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs Rose

congrats to Rose....I have a freshman grandson that plays for Croatan....they lost to Rose in the first round of the playoffs after actually leading at the half....so it should make him feel better if I tell him they lost to a team in the state finals....Good luck against Greensboro Dudley.....they will need it...........

Be humble kid. You are playing against our 3rd string QB. No injuries this is a different game just like the opening drive was showing. Your D had no answer.
Every team had a successful kinda drive against Dudley in the opening quarter. Kings Mountain was tied with Dudley at the Half 7-7. But after that Dudley made adjustments and stopped everything, including that fake punt. You had a 4th & 1 and didn't get it with the Great Running Back from SP. Even with your starting QB, you really think that offense would have scored 40 pts and kept up? Dudley had a so so offensive game, if we played our A Game, it would have been 52-0! Injuries are part of the game. Dudley had 5 players leave last week against Statesville. Their starting CENTER, Outside LB was out. The Starting RB didn't know if he was going to play tonight. The beginning of the season we had 8 Starters miss 4 games. No Excuse, Next Man UP!

You talk about being humble. What about all that talk some of your buddies was talking on here and the FACEBOOOK PAGE about bringing the WOOD AND HEART? Like your program is the only school with it. Dudley has been to 6 {now 7} State 4A, 3AA, 3A Championships since 2002. 10 Regional Finals since 2002. Anybody from Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point, Charlotte, Durham, Fayetteville to Watauga and TC Roberson in Asheville would have told you about DUDLEY the last two decades. They are a hard out and they play hard with a attitude. The Kings Mountain and Eastern Guilford Coaches told you in the Greensboro News paper Dudley had a nasty D. All those years we played Charlotte Catholic we always had a respect for each other and they knew we was good. However, you and some others, not all had to learn the hard way. Thanks for not showing us any respect, GREAT MOTIVATION!

Every team had a successful kinda drive against Dudley in the opening quarter. Kings Mountain was tied with Dudley at the Half 7-7. But after that Dudley made adjustments and stopped everything, including that fake punt. You had a 4th & 1 and didn't get it with the Great Running Back from SP. Even with your starting QB, you really think that offense would have scored 40 pts and kept up? Dudley had a so so offensive game, if we played our A Game, it would have been 52-0! Injuries are part of the game. Dudley had 5 players leave last week against Statesville. Their starting CENTER, Outside LB was out. The Starting RB didn't know if he was going to play tonight. The beginning of the season we had 8 Starters miss 4 games. No Excuse, Next Man UP!

You talk about being humble. What about all that talk some of your buddies was talking on here and the FACEBOOOK PAGE about bringing the WOOD AND HEART? Like your program is the only school with it. Dudley has been to 6 {now 7} State 4A, 3AA, 3A Championships since 2002. 10 Regional Finals since 2002. Anybody from Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point, Charlotte, Durham, Fayetteville to Watauga and TC Roberson in Asheville would have told you about DUDLEY the last two decades. They are a hard out and they play hard with a attitude. The Kings Mountain and Eastern Guilford Coaches told you in the Greensboro News paper Dudley had a nasty D. All those years we played Charlotte Catholic we always had a respect for each other and they knew we was good. However, you and some others, not all had to learn the hard way. Thanks for not showing us any respect, GREAT MOTIVATION!
Where's the Facebook page?

Reactions: UNC91
Where's the Facebook page?
I think it may be a HS trash talk page that coondog8585 mentioned. I haven't seen it but I can only imagine the trash that was spilled on it. There were a few comments made on this site by non-SP folks about SP which stated that SP has heart to overcome size and sometimes limited talent which sometimes makes a difference in a final game point. A true point but was not phrased in a complementary way to the Dudley posters. Any team with the talent, reasonable size and winning tradition has heart, whether it is Dudley, SP, CC, Crest or Shelby.

As far as the comment about being humble, I think that was because DudleyPowerHouse's comment to a non-SP (Jacksonville) poster was a little abrupt and could have been considered to be disrespectful of the SP players as the game was still ongoing. Belmont is a town of around 10000 people. but the majority of those fans have been playing, attending games or raising kids on the team for 40, 50, 60+ years. Either way, emotions run high in the fans of teams with winning percentages that want to win - for both Dudley and SP. However, no matter what we say here, those are someone's kids on the field.

Last edited:
Great game all around! JHR kids played their hearts out. Jville definitely has some things to figure out on D and on the staff in the off season. Good luck next week, Dudley aint no joke this year!
Did you see something about the Defense that you could have changed? What do you want to see changed on the staff?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I think it may be a HS trash talk page that coondog8585 mentioned. I haven't seen it but I can only imagine the trash that was spilled on it. There were a few comments made on this site by non-SP folks about SP which stated that SP has heart to overcome size and sometimes limited talent which sometimes makes a difference in a final game point. A true point but was not phrased in a complementary way to the Dudley posters. Any team with the talent, reasonable size and winning tradition has heart, whether it is Dudley, SP, CC, Crest or Shelby.

As far as the comment about being humble, I think that was because DudleyPowerHouse's comment to a non-SP (Jacksonville) poster was a little abrupt and could have been considered to be disrespectful of the SP players as the game was still ongoing. Belmont is a town of around 10000 people. but the majority of those fans have been playing, attending games or raising kids on the team for 40, 50, 60+ years. Either way, emotions run high in the fans of teams with winning percentages that want to win - for both Dudley and SP. However, no matter what we say here, those are someone's kids on the field.
Wow!! That’s a lot of stuff that has ZERO interest on a Jville v Rose thread… Come on man!!

Great game all around! JHR kids played their hearts out. Jville definitely has some things to figure out on D and on the staff in the off season. Good luck next week, Dudley aint no joke this year!
Yeah what exactly do you see that we should change on the staff? What is there to figure out? I mean unlike some fans when their team lose they all want to holler about fire the coaches. Where have you seen that from any Jacksonville fans?
That was a great game!!! Great Environment, Coaching and Sportsmanship….
Awesome game on behalf of both teams. Both teams showed nothing but class and sportsmanship all night. That’s a credit to the kids their parents and both coaching staffs. Talk about a awesome environment for a great high school football game. So proud of the Cards. Now here is what’s scary for some of you who think you want hear from them again. Only lost like 5 seniors. The backup QB not much of a drop off from Benton. There are some crazy athletes that are coming up from JV. JV QB who will be backup just as athletic as the other two. So combine all of that with what will be coming back. Don’t be surprised for another deep run into the playoffs next year. Oh and by the way there will be a couple of freshman who will start on varsity coming up from the middle school program as well. Then of course there is Mr June. He will be a bigger, faster, and with one year of experience under his belt. Things are looking pretty good in Cardinal land. You bet Monday starts preparing for next year. Go Cards!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT