ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville Cardinals

2018 Scrimmage Schedule
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Opening Ceremony begins at 6:45pm
6:30 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 7:00 PM)
Northside High School Field Northside High School Field
30-minute games with one 5-minute break 30-minute games with one 5-minute break
7:00-7:30pm: Field A: Jacksonville vs. Lejeune 7:00-7:30pm: Field B: Dixon vs. Kinston
7:35- 8:05pm: Field A: Jacksonville vs. Kinston 7:35- 8:05pm: Field B: Dixon vs. Lejeune
8:00 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 8:15 PM)
8:15-8:45pm: Field A: White Oak vs. Wallace Rose
Hill
8:15-8:45pm: Field A: W. Craven vs. Spring Creek
8:50- 8:20pm: Field A: White Oak vs. Spring Creek 8:50- 8:20pm: Field A: W. Craven vs. Wallace
Rose Hill
Friday, August 10, 2018
Opening Ceremony begins at 5:45pm
5:30 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 6:00 PM)
6:00-6:30pm: Field A: James Kenan vs. Richlands 6:00-6:30pm: Field A: Princeton vs. E. Carteret
6:35- 7:05pm: Field A: James Kenan vs. E.
Carteret
6:35- 7:05pm: Field A: Princeton vs. Richlands

7:00 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 7:15 PM)
7:15-7:45pm: Field A: W. Carteret vs. E. Duplin 7:15-7:45pm: Field A: Swansboro vs. CB Aycock
7:50- 8:20pm: Field A: W. Carteret vs. CB Aycock 7:50- 8:20pm: Field A: Swansboro vs. E. Duplin
8:15 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 8:30 PM)
8:30-9:00pm: Field A: Northside vs. Croatan 8:30-9:00pm: Field A: S. Lenoir vs. Southwest
9:05- 9:35pm: Field A: Northside vs. Southwest 9:05- 9:35pm: Field A: S. Lenoir vs. Croatan

Reactions: dogs79
2018 Scrimmage Schedule
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Opening Ceremony begins at 6:45pm
6:30 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 7:00 PM)
7:00-7:30pm: Field A: Jacksonville vs. Lejeune 7:00-7:30pm: Field B: Dixon vs. Kinston
7:35- 8:05pm: Field A: Jacksonville vs. Kinston 7:35- 8:05pm: Field B: Dixon vs. Lejeune
8:00 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 8:15 PM)
8:15-8:45pm: Field A: White Oak vs. Wallace Rose
Hill
8:15-8:45pm: Field A: W. Craven vs. Spring Creek
8:50- 8:20pm: Field A: White Oak vs. Spring Creek 8:50- 8:20pm: Field A: W. Craven vs. Wallace
Rose Hill
Friday, August 10, 2018
Opening Ceremony begins at 5:45pm
5:30 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 6:00 PM)
6:00-6:30pm: Field A: James Kenan vs. Richlands 6:00-6:30pm: Field A: Princeton vs. E. Carteret
6:35- 7:05pm: Field A: James Kenan vs. E.
Carteret
6:35- 7:05pm: Field A: Princeton vs. Richlands

7:00 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 7:15 PM)
7:15-7:45pm: Field A: W. Carteret vs. E. Duplin 7:15-7:45pm: Field A: Swansboro vs. CB Aycock
7:50- 8:20pm: Field A: W. Carteret vs. CB Aycock 7:50- 8:20pm: Field A: Swansboro vs. E. Duplin
8:15 PM – Officials Rules Meeting (only teams playing at 8:30 PM)
8:30-9:00pm: Field A: Northside vs. Croatan 8:30-9:00pm: Field A: S. Lenoir vs. Southwest
9:05- 9:35pm: Field A: Northside vs. Southwest 9:05- 9:35pm: Field A: S. Lenoir vs. Croatan
Awesome Ottis! You da man!

Before anyone jumps any guns, I think it needs to be stated that defense is critical. Does Jacksonville have the defense to beat Havelock? Do they have the defense to beat a top tier team in the east or west should they make it all the way.
Defense matters, I don't care if you can score 60 points a game, it doesn't matter if your defense cannot get a stop.

Before anyone jumps any guns, I think it needs to be stated that defense is critical. Does Jacksonville have the defense to beat Havelock? Do they have the defense to beat a top tier team in the east or west should they make it all the way.
Defense matters, I don't care if you can score 60 points a game, it doesn't matter if your defense cannot get a stop.
You are 100% correct about defense. Well I don’t think that you get to the eastern finals or semi finals without being able to play a little D. I mean we will see. All I am saying don’t just give Catholic the title just yet. If they match up with the Cards it just might be allot different then Havelock matchup. First thing first for Jacksonville they have to get over the Havelock hump first. If they do they can be tough come playoff time.

You are 100% correct about defense. Well I don’t think that you get to the eastern finals or semi finals without being able to play a little D. I mean we will see. All I am saying don’t just give Catholic the title just yet. If they match up with the Cards it just might be allot different then Havelock matchup. First thing first for Jacksonville they have to get over the Havelock hump first. If they do they can be tough come playoff time.
Well to be honest you need a passing game. Last year you made Catholic look like an air raid offense and it killed you come playoff time vs Western Alamance who dared you to throw the entire game and then ran you off the field.
Major question marks and to my knowledge from people in the know, nothing has changed in regards to a passing game.

Hmmm.. nothing has changed huh. People that know. Well I guess time will tell. Hey I am the first to say Western beat the entire hell out of us that night in every phase of the game. Folks who saw the Cards play all year will tell you that just was not their night. No excuses here. Sadly mistaken if you think nothing has changed. That butt kicking was probably tha best thing that could have happened to that bunch. All but 3 starters are back this year. You can bet that they learned allot from that. We will see.

Just as expected. Cardinals are no s@&$ legit. Lejeune let’s not even talk about. Kinston ran completely off the field. On the ground and through the air. Total domination by the Cards. Told you bigger faster version then the last two seasons. Stay healthy and should be a threat deep in the playoffs.

Just as expected. Cardinals are no s@&$ legit. Lejeune let’s not even talk about. Kinston ran completely off the field. On the ground and through the air. Total domination by the Cards. Told you bigger faster version then the last two seasons. Stay healthy and should be a threat deep in the playoffs.
Lejune? While I coach far away in Charlotte even I know they are no good. No disrespect, and Kinston? You mean a solid 2A program? Beat your chest when you beat Havelock, Garinger would beat Lejune, come on now.

Reactions: footsoldier
First off... like I said let’s not even talk about Lejeune. Nobody was beating their chest about Lejeune since our JV played them. Not a one starter touched the field against them. It amazes me that you took the time out of your day to try and bash someone when they simply was commenting how their team did.

Not bashing, shoot, from what i hear down in Wilmington, Jacksonville had the most athletic group at passing leagues.

First off... like I said let’s not even talk about Lejeune. Nobody was beating their chest about Lejeune since our JV played them. Not a one starter touched the field against them. It amazes me that you took the time out of your day to try and bash someone when they simply was commenting how their team did.
Not at all bashing, but you're beating your chest because you beat Kinston in a scrimmage, wow such an accomplishment, give them the trophy now!

Reactions: dogs79
Dude relax! Nobody is beating their chest about anything. Oh wait I forgot if your not praising Charlotte Catholic then you can’t comment on your team. The only team that anyone can say something positive about is Charlotte Catholic. Well I can tell you this I will never ride their?@&$). You better win every year when you get to pick kids from all over Charlotte to come to your school. One thing about the Cards is all of our kids live in district. All of them come from Northwoods park middle school. We would beat our chest every year also if we got to pick kids from all over Onslow County. Too better win. Since you use the Havelock argument and your as great as you think they are play a national schedule. Play some of the top Catholic schools around and watch how you get ran off the field. I did not want to go there but miss me with that BS your talking.

Dude relax! Nobody is beating their chest about anything. Oh wait I forgot if your not praising Charlotte Catholic then you can’t comment on your team. The only team that anyone can say something positive about is Charlotte Catholic. Well I can tell you this I will never ride their?@&$). You better win every year when you get to pick kids from all over Charlotte to come to your school. One thing about the Cards is all of our kids live in district. All of them come from Northwoods park middle school. We would beat our chest every year also if we got to pick kids from all over Onslow County. Too better win. Since you use the Havelock argument and your as great as you think they are play a national schedule. Play some of the top Catholic schools around and watch how you get ran off the field. I did not want to go there but miss me with that BS your talking.
Says the grandstand QB. Actually you should be quite pleased whenever our 2019 schedule is released in terms of maybe a national known team on it...and maybe a big time NC team ;)
As for the city thing, sorry I don't recruit Charlotte, too busy down in FL getting us a new RB for next year, any ideas on where I can get one? Or are you too busy gloating about running Kinston off the field?

Reactions: Cookieman50
Y
Says the grandstand QB. Actually you should be quite pleased whenever our 2019 schedule is released in terms of maybe a national known team on it...and maybe a big time NC team ;)
As for the city thing, sorry I don't recruit Charlotte, too busy down in FL getting us a new RB for next year, any ideas on where I can get one? Or are you too busy gloating about running Kinston off the field?
up sounds about right you have to go elsewhere to find one. Let’s pray the football Gods shine on us this year for a Cardinals vs Cougars matchup.

Jacksonville should be really good this year. Havelock too. Neither will be able to beat Catholic this year or any year. It is just a different set of rules that is really a shame. Catholic is really good - very well coached. But the whole recruiting and perhaps scholarships should have a seperate classification. Public schools should play public schools. It is even worse in basketball with all of the charter schools.

Jacksonville should be really good this year. Havelock too. Neither will be able to beat Catholic this year or any year. It is just a different set of rules that is really a shame. Catholic is really good - very well coached. But the whole recruiting and perhaps scholarships should have a seperate classification. Public schools should play public schools. It is even worse in basketball with all of the charter schools.
We do not offer scholarships and do not recruit. The schools that do have their own association called the NCISAA. Teams like Providence Day, Charlotte Christian play in it.

We do not offer scholarships and do not recruit. The schools that do have their own association called the NCISAA. Teams like Providence Day, Charlotte Christian play in it.
Of course you don’t. Lol anyways! So it just so happens that all these kids who can play football year in and year out just so happens to all go to Charlotte Catholic. So what your saying is if a new Catholic school is built in the same area. A bunch of parents are going to send their little Billy and Joey’s to the new Catholic school. Which is going to be coached by let’s say 3 of Catholic’s current coaches. A bunch of non athletic 140lb kids they are going to be running rough shot over all the 3A teams in the state because they have great coach right? Dude just stop!

Reactions: Jeff_spicolli
Of course you don’t. Lol anyways! So it just so happens that all these kids who can play football year in and year out just so happens to all go to Charlotte Catholic. So what your saying is if a new Catholic school is built in the same area. A bunch of parents are going to send their little Billy and Joey’s to the new Catholic school. Which is going to be coached by let’s say 3 of Catholic’s current coaches. A bunch of non athletic 140lb kids they are going to be running rough shot over all the 3A teams in the state because they have great coach right? Dude just stop!
You do know I'm a coach at Catholic right? We don't have one current power 5 recruit you'd think if we were recruiting we'd have at least 1-2 right? So you don't know anything of which you speak, go gloat over beating Kinston again we haven't heard enough about the unstoppable Cards.

160 pound blonde haired running backs are in high demand, Clemson and Alabama are knocking down The Doors recruiting them.

Coach King for Havelock thinks this years team is better than last years. The new QB (Tennessee commit) gives them a run threat at the position, which they haven't had since Cooper.

They lose a lot of productivity on D, but like usual, they reload.

I'm referring to the kids who transferred from West Carteret. Weird they all decided to go to Havelock this year. I'm sure they all moved though. I heard it was 3 or 4 starters from WC who went over there.

Coaches from Havelock have strong relationships with D1 coaches. Almost every week they have a coach over at the high school, definitely a place to go if you want to get noticed.

West Carteret's leading rusher last year who had over 1600 yards and 21 TD's is one of the transfers. Their leading receiver who had over 750 yards and 7 TD's is another.

With that being said, Charlotte Catholic also has a lot to do with all this going down as well.

Lol Jacksonville probably the favorites with all they have returning but havelock has a lot of key pieces returning as well
I disagree. Rams are the favorites until someone beats them. Without question the only team that stands a chance in their conference is Jacksonville. Say whatever you want about Jim Bob but he created a winning culture over there and did whatever he had to to get his kids to school. Whether it was D1 or whatever. He was smart now ever kid and parent in that area who has kids who are good in football want their son to go to Havelock. Better chance they will get seen by coaches at the next level. There are other schools within the conference that have D1 quality kids. Some of those coaches don’t reach out to college coaches like they do at Havelock. Some will argue that they can’t make a coach come. They are right but do you think for one minute if you have a consistent winning program and you make a call to a recruiting coordinator and tell them hey come check out a certain kid at our practice I think he can help your program do you really think that school won’t send someone out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT