ADVERTISEMENT

It's On Scotland vs Richmond

Next Friday the Scots and the Raiders going at it! There's people up her talking about how bad Pinecrest played last night because Richmond beat them messed up majority of everyone's predictions on the game! Pinecrest didn't play that bad but Richmond just played GREAT! Richmond defense is not the same defense like the D the last couple or so years! That's why all these predictions are wrong and the rankings because they still going by years in the past or going by a whole new coaching staff! So to all of us Richmond fans as of now we coming to play every game no matter were we rank we playing whoever on the field by kickoff! The next game is Richmond vs Scotland with a couple things on the line so I pray that we all enjoy ourselves and the players be injury free! Lets goooooooo!

Think and Know. What a concept. Been there before.Like 16 years worth. Its good to be a Scot!!! GO SCOTS!!! BEAT RICHMOND!!

Who compared the scores?

Nobody wants to coach at Richmond, we lost the best coach since Vince Lombardi because we are not a grateful bunch in Richmond, only guy we could find is a drunk, Scotland is the best team on this or any other world, they could put 28 on Brady and the patriots, Richmond doesn't stand a chance.
You call yourself a Raider fan and put them down. We can beat SC and just might.

Can RIchmond stop White? Possibly. Can they stop Fergie? Possibly. Can they stop Douglas, Leak, and Smith? Possibly. If they shut everything we can do down, they are the greatest defense in the history of high school football.
If Zamir shows up just like he has the past games, Roger Goodwell might just end up calling the kid. But the kid will say, "Mr. Goodwell sir, I am only a Sophmore and I dont know who I am hurting more, my opponents or the college coaches salivary glands"

The Scots = one man team, are like someone walking through the graveyard at midnight, whistling and looking around for the Raider Boogieman. Any team can throw the ball to a couple of receivers against the lower half of the conference and then claim they are multidimensional on offense. Just remember one thing, when you do it against the Raiders there is going to be one of two results. Your receivers get blasted or the pass is picked off. Pick your poison.

The Scots will take care of business Friday night and it will be a long quiet bus ride back to Richmond Co.

I am thinking about knocking a "bucket list" item off the list on Friday and heading to Pate Stadium for a Scotland/Richmond game. Two questions: 1. How early do I need to get there to get a halfway decent parking space; and 2. How early do I need to get there to get a seat.?

I am thinking about knocking a "bucket list" item off the list on Friday and heading to Pate Stadium for a Scotland/Richmond game. Two questions: 1. How early do I need to get there to get a halfway decent parking space; and 2. How early do I need to get there to get a seat.?
No later than 6:00-6:30 pm for both

correction no they didn't loose their qb. Hoggard was their starting qb last year which angered a lot of folks. ziegler was a back-up. they moved calhoun to wideout who was starting for a while. This is basically the same team from last year just a better scheme, qb, coach, and playing lights out football.
Actually Luke had a ankle sprain that week in practice that limited him all week. Then in the first half he hurt wrist and went out the game and Leon came in for a few plays and scored a long TD run.

Thanks SCOTTSFF.

Maybe 5 and go ahead and get in line and experience the sheer mass of people that will all ready be there. There is no way Id show up for this one
at 630. Maybe good to go ahead and have your tickets picked up and mailed
by a local. The vast majority of tickets for this game are bought before Friday night.
Id guess at 5pm at least 50 yards(that's a low # really) of a line to get in waiting for the gate to open.
Gates opened at 530 for PC so that's probably the time. Maybe the arrive later works
as the beginning rush gets in but I have never took a chance with that.

Last edited:
The line to get in will be very, very long. Folks start lining up about an hour before game time.

I am a faithful fan who loves the game and I know how the coming week will be especially on the message boards. Now that my son plays and I know some of the kids do read the message boards I try to be real careful what I post. I really try to set a example for him. With that being said, I really hope for a good game and most importantly a safe game for the kids on both teams. The playoffs start the following week and would love to see both teams go into the playoffs at full strength and represent the SEC and this area well. go_scots, will probably be down early for some tailgating. If you see my wife she can let you know where I will be.

SCOTLAND is the team that doesn't have a chance!

1. Richmond has Best Head Coach in the conference now (if not drunk).

2. Raiders have too much speed.

3. Compare scores.

4. Scotland has been over-rated all season.

Games like this is what big time High School football is all about. Two top programs who have great teams this year playing for the Conference Title and Number 1 seed in the playoffs in front of a packed house. Get there early and enjoy the show. Go Scots !!!

People from other areas don't realize the talent and magnitude of this game and how many years we have been able to witness some of the best HS football in the state. We are really fortunate in this area that is so close together and people from both counties have friends and foe that we know.

Who is > White in the Richmond program?
Who is > Fergie in the Richmond program?
Who is > Douglas in the Richmond program?
Who is > Leak in the Richmond program?
Who is > Smith in the Richmond program?
Is Richmond's defense (<, >, or =) Scotland's defense?

Like I said earlier, I cannot give the edge to either team...great game come Friday.

FMvgTR5.jpg

pcMOyUI.jpg

The Scots = one man team, are like someone walking through the graveyard at midnight, whistling and looking around for the Raider Boogieman. Any team can throw the ball to a couple of receivers against the lower half of the conference and then claim they are multidimensional on offense. Just remember one thing, when you do it against the Raiders there is going to be one of two results. Your receivers get blasted or the pass is picked off. Pick your poison.
So Crysnake, when your QB threw for all those touchdowns against the same lower half of the conference. I didn't hear you talking smack then. He was the greatest thing since slice bread!!!! Oh yeah, tell the Raider Boogieman that our office hours are from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm to get his sinuses cleaned.

The Raiders offense is designed to take advantage of whatever the defense is giving up, hence when those lower echelon teams stacked the line, our passing game got busy. Make no mistake, The Raiders can run and pass, it's natural. The Skirts=One Man Team don't really believe in the passing game. They use their human battering ram=One Man Team instead of really diversifying their offense. It ultimately is going to be their downfall after the head of the battering ram=One Man Team gets crushed. The Raider Boogieman has warned you! Please don't mess around and get yourself bit. Reality hurts!

The Raiders offense is designed to take advantage of whatever the defense is giving up, hence when those lower echelon teams stacked the line, our passing game got busy. Make no mistake, The Raiders can run and pass, it's natural. The Skirts=One Man Team don't really believe in the passing game. They use their human battering ram=One Man Team instead of really diversifying their offense. It ultimately is going to be their downfall after the head of the battering ram=One Man Team gets crushed. The Raider Boogieman has warned you! Please don't mess around and get yourself bit. Reality hurts!
aren't you the same guy that was bashing RC at the beginning of the year because they couldn't run the ball. Your one many theory could be correct but he is the best one man on the field and second best plays on the same team he does. I have said this since day 1 if RC can't tackle #34 or block #7 your ass will have another L. If think this year you have the team that can possibly do it we will know the answer around 10pm on Friday.

You're right the Richmond passing game is a fraud. You should stack the box with 8-11 players and stop the run.

Damn you figured it out.

only a heels fans would suggest such foolishness - Bailey might not be the best coach in the state but he is smarter than that. key to RC is they use the entire field and try to get you guessing. They had an answer for PC every time last week. The athletes they are playing this week are a lot faster and quite honestly much better on the perimeter and up the middle. This will be fun.

Last edited:
only a heels fans would suggest such foolishness - Bailey might not be the best coach in the state but he is smarter than that. they to RC is they use the entire field and try to get you guessing. They had an answer for PC every time last week. The athletes they are playing this week are a lot faster and quite honestly much better on the perimeter and up the middle. This will be fun.

Tale of The Tape:

QB - Richmond County
RB - Scotland County
Offensive Line - SC
Defensive Line - SC
LB's - SC
Secondary - RC
Receivers - RC
Special Teams - RC
Speed - RC
Power/Physical - SC
Play Calling - RC - just more aggressive than SC
Intangibles - Home Field SC & RC coming in very confident beating Dudley and whipping PC is something to be confident about
who wins - Pick'em

So if I am reading you correctly, and I admit that is not an easy thing to do, you are opining that you believe that Scotland has the advantage between the tackles and Richmond has the advantage everywhere else.

I don't think I would agree with that but with your admission that Richmond has the coaching advantage that doesn't seem like a bad place to be sitting.

I say the Defensive lines and Linebackers should be a push at worse and maybe even a slight advantage to Richmond.

Bottom line is that Scotland is going to toss a saddle on White and ride him until the bitter end. If they start trying to pass it around as you suggest they can and or will then it is game over. That is playing right into the teeth of Richmond and they will eat that alive. Scotland and Bailey is much like Richmond was with that other guy. They like to claim they can do something else when they have to but everyone knows that is a joke. Scotland is going to run and then run some more.

White is more than capable of winning pretty much any game against any team by himself and Bailey knows that and that is what the game plan will be. Richmond will have to stop the run enough to give its offense one more opportunity and Scotland will have to match the halftime adjustments that Richmond will make and hope they don't run out of gas as Richmond goes 'all hands on deck' and pushes it side line to side line and attacks all three levels at a high pace for 4 quarters and maybe more.

So if I am reading you correctly, and I admit that is not an easy thing to do, you are opining that you believe that Scotland has the advantage between the tackles and Richmond has the advantage everywhere else.

I don't think I would agree with that but with your admission that Richmond has the coaching advantage that doesn't seem like a bad place to be sitting.
I say the Defensive lines and Linebackers should be a push at worse and maybe even a slight advantage to Richmond.

Bottom line is that Scotland is going to toss a saddle on White and ride him until the bitter end. If they start trying to pass it around as you suggest they can and or will then it is game over. That is playing right into the teeth of Richmond and they will eat that alive. Scotland and Bailey is much like Richmond was with that other guy. They like to claim they can do something else when they have to but everyone knows that is a joke. Scotland is going to run and then run some more.

White is more than capable of winning pretty much any game against any team by himself and Bailey knows that and that is what the game plan will be. Richmond will have to stop the run enough to give its offense one more opportunity and Scotland will have to match the halftime adjustments that Richmond will make and hope they don't run out of gas as Richmond goes 'all hands on deck' and pushes it side line to side line and attacks all three levels at a high pace for 4 quarters and maybe more.

A typo makes it hard to read me! That is funny but that is cool. I'm very comfortable about my academic, athletic and professional accomplishments. I forgot you are the James Day of English Lit. If you don't know him look him up. Now back to football.
RC - Play calling is predicated on spreading the ball around and that is why I give them the edge. If Bailey keeps it close to the vest then we will be in trouble. The look that RC showed on D against PC was perfect. If that is their game plan Friday then we can light you up if our coach opens up the play book. Leaving HS corners on an island is a recipe for big plays.

In regards to in between the tackles - I think your interior three are avg. and very under-sized on the o-line. They play hard but they will have their hands full with SC interior DL. Your starting DL is as good as ours but they do not rotate 2 deep across the board and that will be a problem Friday. We will wear them out if they don't get rest.

One issue that will exist come Friday is your kids have not beat SC in a while that will haunt them until they do and please don't scream JV.

See U Friday James Day!

As I have made no comment on the Raiders or their running game, someone must be more delusional than I thought. News flash! After the Skirts=One Man Team get the bomb dropped on them Friday, we're going to push over that big digital advertising sign that is littering up the view. You don't even have to thank us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT