ADVERTISEMENT

It's official, Richmond Coach has resigned

If no one was ever given an opportunity to prove themselves then Nick Sabah would still be making turkey sandwiches for Bill Belichik in Cleveland
. Saban coached 17 years, including NFL assistant and college DC, before he got his first HC position st Toledo which was not a football power. He played college football and went directly into college coaching.

There are so many I THINK, I WISH, I HOPE, I AGREE on this post

The end of this Story on or about in two years will end like this:

I'M FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mexican-soccer-coach-2.gif

ef9b9124ceb844de5bd24cba249fe7ed.gif

Reactions: Diddydontplay
Why does 20-25 years experience make you a better coach than a guy with 7 or 8 years experience just curious?

Well, if you read what I posted the one with 20-25 yrs had been in the program for 10-14 yrs, he had been a Coordinator for over half of his years or an Asst Head Coach. He had been part of a State Championship staff as a Coordinator. All that offers many more opportunities & experiences than someone who has coached 6 or 7 yrs with NO position of authority whatsoever & NO experience coaching a State Champion.
Someone with 20-25 yrs who has been in a posotion of authority has seen more, done more, and experienced way more than someone with only 6-7 yrs who has just been along for the ride. This is the short answer.

Someone with 20-25 yrs who has been in a posotion of authority has seen more, done more, and experienced way more than someone with only 6-7 yrs who has just been along for the ride. This is the short answer.

I absolutely agree 100% with this statement.

Experience is the best teacher you can have... that's a fact.the more you get the better you get.I am a true RAIDER since day one and they will weather the storm, they are still one of the better programs even on a bad day...GO RAIDERS!!!

Kingdiamond, RaiderDaddy, & Ben-Badd are right. 20-25 yrs experience > 6-7 yrs.

Should be interesting to see who applies.

According to the figures quoted in the Journal, they pay their H. Coach pretty well, so NO, it's not that easy but they're being paid to do what they love...RICHMOND has high expectations and it seems to work for the most part... they are winners, that's what they expect and will eventually get...it really depends too on what this new coach knows and desires in this sport... they will get it right this time... a winning tradition...GO RAIDERS...

I would venture to say there is way more to having a title as you say than making a call in the game. Lots is done behind the scenes, in meetings, & practices that most have no idea about.
If we gonna hire a homeboy, let's hire one who has been on the coaching staff when they did win the State (it aint Denson) or maybe he's the wrong shade for you ol political boys.

My crackpot statistician says Denson has coached football for 7 yrs at Richmond. During that time they've gone 71-20. No State Championships, No Regional Championships, No Regional Finals, 1 Conference Championship.

If you look at the prior 7 yrs. Richmond went 89-10. 1 State Championship, 1 Regional Championship, 3 Regional Finals appearances, 6 Conference Championships.

The numbers speak for themselves. One could say he is more of the problem than the solution. Yes, he did fine as a player, but anybody could've quarterbacked those teams. Maybe king is on to something, Swinnie for Coach.

Man Richmond Co. is not going to do that, lets just be honest. Several good Afro-Americans applied the last go around with resumes out of this world and you seen what happened. Coach C was close as we were going to get…………

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
dcov33 said:
33, I agree , Coach Swinney is a excellent coach, BUT TO BE THE HEAD COACH YOU HAVE TO WANT IT AND APPLY FOR IT AND BE WILLING TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY......I dont know if he applied last time, maybe he will this time around...Just makes me sick when someone throws the skin game in.....If he applies and gets the job , I'll be at the games supporting him 100%.......Once a Raider always a Raider...Wear the Green and Gold with PRIDE.....nuff said...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

I just talked to a coach with ties to the last 2 Coaching staffs at Richmond. He said when Hoggard resigned, close to 95% of the coaches said if they hired within they wanted it to be Williams to take over. Now he says probably 90% would support Swinnie or Burdeau either one over Denson.
He then said with emphasis, that some people on this forum & in the community make Denson out to be something that he is NOT.

But the decision isn't up to the coaches. It's gonna be up to Butler (taught Denson & is a friend to the family). It's gonna be up to Young (coaches baseball with Denson & friend with family). And it's gonna be up to the Superintendent & us old timers know her past relationship with one of the Densons. Ain't that right dog, I mean stud?

I didn't think Castellano was the right guy, but I hate to see the political game played & this may be where this one is headed.

Oh and after looking at RaiderDaddys numbers maybe Denson is ONE we do need to let get away.

Now this is ALL that needs to be said, so I'll leave it right here for us to reference later.

King, that's one low blow you took right there. Very easy to do behind a screen name.

It's evident from previous posts that you have something personal against the Denson family...

I respected you... until now.

Reactions: been on the field
Denson seems to be the guy that most down here believe will get the job. Swiinnie would give Richmond that edge that they've been missing for so long. He's been on the staff over 10 years.

I just talked to a coach with ties to the last 2 Coaching staffs at Richmond. He said when Hoggard resigned, close to 95% of the coaches said if they hired within they wanted it to be Williams to take over. Now he says probably 90% would support Swinnie or Burdeau either one over Denson.
He then said with emphasis, that some people on this forum & in the community make Denson out to be something that he is NOT.

But the decision isn't up to the coaches. It's gonna be up to Butler (taught Denson & is a friend to the family). It's gonna be up to Young (coaches baseball with Denson & friend with family). And it's gonna be up to the Superintendent & us old timers know her past relationship with one of the Densons. Ain't that right dog, I mean stud?

I didn't think Castellano was the right guy, but I hate to see the political game played & this may be where this one is headed.

Oh and after looking at RaiderDaddys numbers maybe Denson is ONE we do need to let get away.

Now this is ALL that needs to be said, so I'll leave it right here for us to reference later.
wow is all I can say some people have no respect or tack. Just stop beating a dead horse no one on here knows nothing beyond the coach quit and know we looking for a new one. Get off ncpreps making accusations and enjoy Christmas and wait and see what happens

In glancing at the other site, I'm not seeing Richmond fans saying anything about wanting this Denson guy or Swinnie.

Man Richmond Co. is not going to do that, lets just be honest. Several good Afro-Americans applied the last go around with resumes out of this world and you seen what happened. Coach C was close as we were going to get…………

Who were the African American coaches that applied last time?

I'll bet 95% of the people in RICHMOND COUNTY would welcome him back....Must have stepped on your toes....I know he filled the stands on Friday nights.....Especially in week 15 and 16....He certainly paid his salary on those Friday nights.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D..nuff said...

Could you get the top notch DC and OC's plus quality assistants? Great staffs and those guys did a lot of the work.

Reactions: Football-Friday
My crackpot statistician says Denson has coached football for 7 yrs at Richmond. During that time they've gone 71-20. No State Championships, No Regional Championships, No Regional Finals, 1 Conference Championship.

If you look at the prior 7 yrs. Richmond went 89-10. 1 State Championship, 1 Regional Championship, 3 Regional Finals appearances, 6 Conference Championships.

The numbers speak for themselves. One could say he is more of the problem than the solution. Yes, he did fine as a player, but anybody could've quarterbacked those teams. Maybe king is on to something, Swinnie for Coach.
RaiderDaddy....... I agree with you 100%. There is no place for Politics on the football field. It will destroy a program and team. Player will expect to play because of their status or who their parents are. This will not allow the Raiders to be successful. Select the right person and winning will not be an issue. All these political supporters should not be involved in the selection process.

RaiderDaddy and King, question...
If you think Denson gets the job only through politics, why didn't he get if last time? Two of those three committee members you mentioned above are involved in decision-making this year. And Butler replaced McKenzie who coached alongside Dale at Hamlet Jr for many years... also a "friend of the family".

Swinney would make an excellent HC for Richmond. I've known him for almost 25 years and he's always done the right thing. He is self-motivated and cares about that team and the players.

Reactions: TarheelRaider

How someone hasnt made this thing into a made for TV reality show is beyond me. Opportunity lost I guess.

Mayberry RFD meets Friday Night Lights.

Is Don Knotts still alive?

Where did flowers coach at.what are the chance of anyone applying that ain,t a part of the good ole boy network.I am proud of bobby c work.what if he decides to retire because of health reasons .I have my thoughts as who should replace him not on the staff now but has been.

wow is all I can say some people have no respect or tack. Just stop beating a dead horse no one on here knows nothing beyond the coach quit and know we looking for a new one. Get off ncpreps making accusations and enjoy Christmas and wait and see what happens

tact

Where did flowers coach at.what are the chance of anyone applying that ain,t a part of the good ole boy network.I am proud of bobby c work.what if he decides to retire because of health reasons .I have my thoughts as who should replace him not on the staff now but has been.

West Charlotte

It's obvious that a few on here are gonna remain in attack mode (for whatever reasons), regardless of who gets the job. That in itself is enough to deter folks in regards to Richmond... It's obvious too that these people had their toes smashed, whether it be their kid didn't get playing time, or maybe they got fired. We can't go ba k...can only go forward.GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: RaiderRaider
Can anyone confirm the rumor that Bobby Curlings in interested in the Richmond job?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT