ADVERTISEMENT

Is Page 4A?

I’m positive. I can’t think of 4 teams outside of the top 3 teams in 4A-6A that could beat them. Indian River was a top 5 5A team and look what Northeastern did to them.
I was born and raised in Richmond and graduated from Hermitage. I haven’t lived in Virginia since the 80s. I currently live in Charlotte. It just surprised me, with Reidsville being 2A.

I was born and raised in Richmond and graduated from Hermitage. I haven’t lived in Virginia since the 80s. I currently live in Charlotte. It just surprised me.
I would’ve loved to see an early season jamboree. Oscar Smith vs. Vance, Varina vs. Wake Forest or Scotland County, Highland Springs vs. Mallard Creek, maybe Westfield or Stone Bridge vs. Myers Park. I live in Richmond currently, looking forward to watching Varina and Highland Springs face off in November. Both teams are absolutely loaded. Those Reidsville boys are looking good too. Would like to see them play Shelby or Northeastern for the championship. Virginia fans make a big deal about Martinsburg, which is a team out of West Virginia, who is supposed to be this and that and every Virginia school should be scared to play.. Reidsville would beat those guys by running clock.

Reactions: HooSprings
I would’ve loved to see an early season jamboree. Oscar Smith vs. Vance, Varina vs. Wake Forest or Scotland County, Highland Springs vs. Mallard Creek, maybe Westfield or Stone Bridge vs. Myers Park. I live in Richmond currently, looking forward to watching Varina and Highland Springs face off in November. Both teams are absolutely loaded. Those Reidsville boys are looking good too. Would like to see them play Shelby or Northeastern for the championship. Virginia fans make a big deal about Martinsburg, which is a team out of West Virginia, who is supposed to be this and that and every Virginia school should be scared to play.. Reidsville would beat those guys by running clock.
We had a shocker this past week. Kings Mountain at 5-0 knocked off Shelby 42-17. I used to live in Hagerstown MD about 20 minutes from Martinsburg. Got to see them play quite a few times. You’re right. They’re dominant in WV but not so much outside of the state.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The better games for Highland Springs will be in 2 weeks vs Manchester(D6 Champion last year),and in 4 weeks vs NOVA powerhouse Colonial Forge. That one is the week before Varina.

The better games for Highland Springs will be in 2 weeks vs Manchester(D6 Champion last year),and in 4 weeks vs NOVA powerhouse Colonial Forge. That one is the week before Varina.
Manchester had that beast of a QB last year. How are they this year?

Manchester had that beast of a QB last year. How are they this year?
I saw them play Varina in week 1 and I think Varina missed A LOT of opportunities to put them away. Varina should’ve beat them by at least 2 scores but let Manchester back in the game. Manchester just wanted it more. I don’t know how much of a game they’ll give HS though.

I saw them play Varina in week 1 and I think Varina missed A LOT of opportunities to put them away. Varina should’ve beat them by at least 2 scores but let Manchester back in the game. Manchester just wanted it more. I don’t know how much of a game they’ll give HS though.
I have the “NewsON” app where you can see local news from all over the country. I watch highlights from Richmond. It didn’t appear Manchester was at the same level as a year ago. I enjoyed watching the Div 5 and 6 state title games last year on NFHS network.

We had a shocker this past week. Kings Mountain at 5-0 knocked off Shelby 42-17. I used to live in Hagerstown MD about 20 minutes from Martinsburg. Got to see them play quite a few times. You’re right. They’re dominant in WV but not so much outside of the state.
Kings Mountain is loaded from what I’ve heard. Could make the 3A final. That’s a very impressive win over a very good program like Shelby. We will see how good this supposedly “great” Martinsburg team is when they play Salem in a few weeks.

Kings Mountain is loaded from what I’ve heard. Could make the 3A final. That’s a very impressive win over a very good program like Shelby. We will see how good this supposedly “great” Martinsburg team is when they play Salem in a few weeks.
What’s interesting is because of that win Kings Mountain is all the rage. Everyone’s forgetting defending 3A champ Charlotte Catholic, who was the pre-season pick to win it again, is sitting at 1-2 and finishing up two bye weeks. Catholic beat Kings Mountain last year in the playoffs. Of course Catholic’s two losses were a 7-0 road loss at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Maryland and a 7-3 loss to Archbishop Rummel from La.

What’s interesting is because of that win Kings Mountain is all the rage. Everyone’s forgetting defending 3A champ Charlotte Catholic, who was the pre-season pick to win it again, is sitting at 1-2 and finishing up two bye weeks. Catholic beat Kings Mountain last year in the playoffs. Of course Catholic’s two losses were a 7-0 road loss at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Maryland and a 7-3 loss to Archbishop Rummel from La.
It’s so hard to say that one team will win it all in NC. Kings Mountain is looking good, Catholic is Catholic... They win... Havelock will be back, Jacksonville will be back, maybe Eastern Alamance may have a run in them. Dudley has 2 top D-linemen and the WR going to South Carolina. It’ll be more teams that pop up. Who would’ve ever thought that SE Guilford would’ve made it last year??

It’s so hard to say that one team will win it all in NC. Kings Mountain is looking good, Catholic is Catholic... They win... Havelock will be back, Jacksonville will be back, maybe Eastern Alamance may have a run in them. Dudley has 2 top D-linemen and the WR going to South Carolina. It’ll be more teams that pop up. Who would’ve ever thought that SE Guilford would’ve made it last year??
You’re right. Every year teams pop up that you wouldn’t think would be there.

I think Varina will give HS the biggest test this year. Whoever wins that rematch in the playoffs will win the 5A championship. Of course I’m going Springers, not because of talent, but because of execution and coaching. Varina has 6 kids with Major D1 offers, lots of speed plus they have solid o and d lines. Can they play disciplined all 48? IDK. I know Highland Springs will.

I spent alot of time in Tidewater in the 80s and early 90s. I followed alot of HS football there. In the 80s Hampton was the best team. I went to see them maul an undefeated First Colonial team in 88. First Colonial won the rematch the next year in the playoffs. Hampton back in those days dominated every body.

I think Varina will give HS the biggest test this year. Whoever wins that rematch in the playoffs will win the 5A championship. Of course I’m going Springers, not because of talent, but because of execution and coaching. Varina has 6 kids with Major D1 offers, lots of speed plus they have solid o and d lines. Can they play disciplined all 48? IDK. I know Highland Springs will.
Varina does NOT have 6 Major D1 players. They only have 2! Highland Springs will beat Varina by 4 TDs. BOTH TIMES! Maury will be HSHS’s toughest game imo

Varina does NOT have 6 Major D1 players. They only have 2! Highland Springs will beat Varina by 4 TDs. BOTH TIMES! Maury will be HSHS’s toughest game imo
Come on man, don’t be so quick to dismiss these kids and give them their credit. I don’t know what the final will be but it should be one of the better games in Virginia this year. It’ll be good for the East End if both teams are successful.

Come on man, don’t be so quick to dismiss these kids and give them their credit. I don’t know what the final will be but it should be one of the better games in Virginia this year. It’ll be good for the East End if both teams are successful.
I don’t know what the final score will be this year,but I do know that Highland Springs has beat Varina,the last three years in a row,all by 3TDs! The JV won 40-0 last year,and those kids just moved up to this year’s squads. HSHS beat their JV 46-12 last night in the first of two meetings this year.

I give them credit. They may be the second best team in the Richmond area but there’s a substantial difference difference between first and second.

I spent alot of time in Tidewater in the 80s and early 90s. I followed alot of HS football there. In the 80s Hampton was the best team. I went to see them maul an undefeated First Colonial team in 88. First Colonial won the rematch the next year in the playoffs. Hampton back in those days dominated every body.
I lived in Richmond then, I was born there and went to Hermitage. Those were very good Crabber teams. I went down one year when Highland Springs played them in states.

I don’t know what the final score will be this year,but I do know that Highland Springs has beat Varina,the last three years in a row,all by 3TDs! The JV won 40-0 last year,and those kids just moved up to this year’s squads. HSHS beat their JV 46-12 last night in the first of two meetings this year.

I give them credit. They may be the second best team in the Richmond area but there’s a substantial difference difference between first and second.
That’s why the games are played. I’m checking out Deep Run tonight. All it takes is a bad night for an upset. I’ve seen many teams who were not nearly as talented beat a loaded team. Oscar Smith wasn’t nearly as loaded as Highland Springs this year either but we saw how close that was. A team who is well coached, fundamentally sound, plays sound defense, controls the clock and executes is VERY dangerous to a high powered, quick strike team.

That’s why the games are played. I’m checking out Deep Run tonight. All it takes is a bad night for an upset. I’ve seen many teams who were not nearly as talented beat a loaded team. Oscar Smith wasn’t nearly as loaded as Highland Springs this year either but we saw how close that was. A team who is well coached, fundamentally sound, plays sound defense, controls the clock and executes is VERY dangerous to a high powered, quick strike team.
I kinda like a team that is fundamentally sound,well coached,quick strike or grind out capability.

Btw...HSHS’s starting RB returns tonight since missing the OSmith,Meadowbrook,and NStafford games. Finally at FULL strength,but really showed their depth vs OS & NS.

DRun/Hermitage should be a good one! Watch DRun’s QB!!!

I'm checking out Vance and Mallard Creek tonight

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
39-7 Highland Springs! Hoping for a better game next year in Richmond,VA. Thanks everyone and good luck to everyone. Thanks to everyone for keeping conversation civil. Much appreciated!!!

Congratulations to HSprings for the win. It’s possible you’ll get all you want next year. Page graduated 26 seniors last season so the Pirates are very young this year. Next year will be a different story. Best of luck the rest of the season and safe travels home.

Reactions: HooSprings
I’m positive. I can’t think of 4 teams outside of the top 3 teams in 4A-6A that could beat them. Indian River was a top 5 5A team and look what Northeastern did to them.
Well if East Surry can beat them, I am sure it is less than 95% in VA that would lose to them. Reidsville is a great team, but the BIG boys upfront on some of those teams would be the difference.

Page battled, outscored the Springers in the 3rd quarter 7-6, but just didnt have enough to score more than once. The injuries are piling up, 7 players out injured, add that on to a young team.. not looking too good going into the last part of the schedule. Best wishes to Highland Springs the rest of the season!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT