ADVERTISEMENT

Is Page 4A?

HooSprings

Nov 13, 2018
My Springers from Richmond,VA are coming to Greensboro play next Friday night,and I’d like some input on them if any is available. We’ve won 4 straight 5A VA State titles and won 33 games in a row. I’m hoping they can give us a good game. Any input would be appreciated.

They are 4A, but they are not a good team this year. Last time they were good was 2017, so not too long ago at all. But you scheduled them during a down year.

Reactions: Veejay4
Actually, Greensboro Page is 4-AA, as the 4-AA signifies the largest schools in North Carolina. Page finished last season 6-6, losing by one point in the first round of the state playoffs. Northwest Guilford is the only other 4-AA school in Guilford County. Like Forsyth Co. said, you picked a good year, for you that is, the tangle with the Pirates, although I wouldn't take them too lightly. Good luck and safe travels.

HIghland Springs Has 20 D1 players,including a QB holding a NDame offer. All 5 DBs hold D1 offers,including 1 with a Clemson and NDame offer. They are ranked #19 in the Nation by USA Today,so we were hoping for a good matchup.

The JV hasn’t lost a game in 5 years either!

HIghland Springs Has 20 D1 players,including a QB holding a NDame offer. All 5 DBs hold D1 offers,including 1 with a Clemson and NDame offer. They are ranked #19 in the Nation by USA Today,so we were hoping for a good matchup.

Dang :eek: are y’all a public school or private?

BUGG Jones!!! Love that name

Well we have some decent teams down in mecklenburg county. Get on the phone n give a call!!
HSHS has been calling teams all over Virginia. Teams are refusing to play them. That’s why they reached out to DC and N.C. teams over the summer. They won’t turn down a game against a quality program. They won’t play schools with 5th year,reclassified players!

Well we have some decent teams down in mecklenburg county. Get on the phone n give a call!!

Worked a VTO camp @ couple of years back at Highland Springs. They are identical to Vance, Demographics and players.

Last edited:
Worked a VTO camp @ couple of years back at Highland Springs. They are identical to Vance, Demographics and players.
I’ve heard Vance has a very good program,and the comparison is appreciated! I apologize for not knowing much about them. HSHS has played a lot of teams from the Carolinas in 7 on 7,but I’m not sure which ones.

Is this school located in the Richmond area? Plenty of tough teams located in the Tidewater area. Have you encountered these teams in the playoffs?

Vance former coach is from Virginia and I recall Vance beating a Virginia school a few years back. I believe it was against his former school. Maybe it was Danville George Washington?

I grew up in Richmond, Virginia. I graduated from Hermitage back in the day in 1970. I’m very familiar with their program over the years. They’ve always been a tough out. I agree, HS picked a good year to schedule Page. I was planning on heading up to Greensboro from Charlotte to see the game but probably won’t now. It’s not going to be much of a contest. But I agree some very good teams in Charlotte, this year probably Myers Park, Vance and Mallard Creek. For this week I’d go with the Springers by a bunch.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Is this school located in the Richmond area? Plenty of tough teams located in the Tidewater area. Have you encountered these teams in the playoffs?
Highland Springs is 9-0 vs the “757” since they started playing them in 2015,including 4 years in a row(4 different champions)in the State Semifinals and earlier this year beating Oscar Smith(2015-2017 D6 state runner-ups). Last year,Highland Springs put 71points on “757” champion Maury in the State Semifinals.

Vance former coach is from Virginia and I recall Vance beating a Virginia school a few years back. I believe it was against his former school. Maybe it was Danville George Washington?
GW-Danville is one of the top teams in one of the lower divisions of Virginia football. They would be D2 in NC. I don’t recall ever playing them except in basketball.

Highland Springs is 9-0 vs the “757” since they started playing them in 2015,including 4 years in a row(4 different champions)in the State Semifinals and earlier this year beating Oscar Smith(2015-2017 D6 state runner-ups). Last year,Highland Springs put 71points on “757” champion Maury in the State Semifinals.
This guy is making my hands shake with excitement...I'm hitting up our AD looking to set something up!!

This guy is making my hands shake with excitement...I'm hitting up our AD looking to set something up!!
What school?! I know IMG Academy tried to schedule Highland Springs but couldn’t fit in the schedule. IMG plays a national schedule.

GW-Danville is one of the top teams in one of the lower divisions of Virginia football. They would be D2 in NC. I don’t recall ever playing them except in basketball.

Gw would probably be 3aa in N.C. they definitely wouldn’t be 2a.

What school?! I know IMG Academy tried to schedule Highland Springs but couldn’t fit in the schedule. IMG plays a national schedule.
And Highland Springs should be glad IMG didn’t schedule them. Highland Springs is good but not in IMG’s league.

And Highland Springs should be glad IMG didn’t schedule them. Highland Springs is good but not in IMG’s league.
IMG is #2 in USA TODAY rankings. Highland Springs is #19. Wouldn’t have minded a shot,but IMG uses 5th year reclassified players too! HSHS is a public school that doesn’t allow that!

IMG is #2 in USA TODAY rankings. Highland Springs is #19. Wouldn’t have minded a shot,but IMG uses 5th year reclassified players too! HSHS is a public school that doesn’t allow that!
I think HS is ranked too high.

HSHS has been calling teams all over Virginia. Teams are refusing to play them. That’s why they reached out to DC and N.C. teams over the summer. They won’t turn down a game against a quality program. They won’t play schools with 5th year,reclassified players!
No wonder teams won't play your nineteen and twenty year old " reclassified seniors. " There's a great disparity between a sophomore that's fifteen years old and a twenty year old . Why don't you try to play the University of Richmond's JV team or perhaps William and Mary's ? Hats off to Page for having the balls to entertain this event.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
No wonder teams won't play your nineteen and twenty year old " reclassified seniors. " There's a great disparity between a sophomore that's fifteen years old and a twenty year old . Why don't you try to play the University of Richmond's JV team or perhaps William and Mary's ? Hats off to Page for having the balls to entertain this event.

I think you misunderstood. The school Page is playing, Highland Springs, is a public high school that has the same age limitations as NC schools. He wrote the school in Florida, IMG, allows the fifth year senior.

NOTE, I did not think IMG allowed fifth year players on their high school team. They have a prep team and I though students that had graduated played on that squad. I may be wrong.

Reactions: HooSprings
Lol...you read that wrong!!! IMG has the 5th year seniors,NOT Highland Springs! Lol Highland Springs refuses to play teams that use reclassified players. Page is playing a PUBLIC school that doesn’t allow reclassified players. That’s not allowed in public schools in Virginia.

Lol...you read that wrong!!! IMG has the 5th year seniors,NOT Highland Springs! Lol Highland Springs refuses to play teams that use reclassified players. Page is playing a PUBLIC school that doesn’t allow reclassified players. That’s not allowed in public schools in Virginia.
Excuse me, Sir, and again, good luck to you and safe travels.

I think you misunderstood. The school Page is playing, Highland Springs, is a public high school that has the same age limitations as NC schools. The school in Florida, IMG, he was referencing allows the fifth year senior.
You are exactly right! IMG recruits players from all over the country. Highland Springs has only players that live in their school district ,or attend the advanced education specialty center. Only kids from their county with advanced level grades are allowed to attend the specialty center. In Virginia,public school kids are only allowed 4 years of athletics,and can’t be over 18.

It's been a week of total chaos here in the Greensboro Goat Farm and Exotic Massage Parlour. By the way, would any of you Virginians care to purchase any goatlings, blue ribbon quality, at a discount price while you're down here ? I'll give you a helluva deal and will even help you load them if you have your own goat trailers.

I think you misunderstood. The school Page is playing, Highland Springs, is a public high school that has the same age limitations as NC schools. He wrote the school in Florida, IMG, allows the fifth year senior.

NOTE, I did not think IMG allowed fifth year players on their high school team. They have a prep team and I though students that had graduated played on that squad. I may be wrong.
They do have a prep team for those kids that don’t academically qualify after their senior yr,but they do reclassify if it’s before the senior season. They tried to get Highland Springs JR DE that holds an offer from Clemson. He declined of course! Alabama was looking at him 2 weeks ago. He obviously doesn’t need an extra year of maturing if those 2 schools are interested in him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT