ADVERTISEMENT

Is NC going to 7pm state wide?

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Mooresville is moving their starting time from 7:30 to 7pm this yr - Is This state wide or No?

I always like the idea for 1st couple games to move time 30 mins later then go to regular time. It’s usually hot and the sun is blaring in your eyes. Lol. Also gives fans more time to make it to the games. I understand why they want to move it up more. Back in the days Varsity games started at 8 and JVs at 7:30. It would give us time to go out to eat and make it to a game. Especially away game.

On MaxPreps it shows South Iredell playing Statesville at 7:30 but the rest of South’s games are at 7. But it shows all of Statesville games at 7:30.

I like 7pm starts when the game is over but you guys are right, 7pm is tough to make for working folks to make especially in metro areas. Driving to Huntersville/Cornelius and north is horrendous.

In the old days an 8pm start time would have a final horn before 10pm and there was no OT. The passing game and potential OT games can make that a very late night which is not good for the restaraunt industry.

That would be my point of starting games earlier. Take the possibility of some fans not wanting come out for a game which could hurt attendance. Not saying that it would but just makes it more stressful trying to get from point A to point B for a game. I understand why some coaches maybe want the game earlier. Take JVs for instance. Start time for most is 6pm. Makes its harder for fans to get out of work and then trying to get through traffic and possibly missing good part of the game.

Freaking hate 7pm starts. Especially as the road team. Wasn’t a huge fan of 730… but didn’t mind it. Prefer the 8pm starts. Always felt that put the most butts in the seats.

7pm sucks as it is…. But it becomes dang near impossible for some especially in the bigger cities.

I know I went to see a JV game yesterday evening. Game started at 6. Got a friend that sometimes would meet up with me at the game. So I text him to let him know I was at the game if he decided to come I was there. He text me and said he still at work. Little bit later he told me he was just going ahead and head on home and just for me to keep him up the scores.
Here the sun was blazing right into eyes with hot temperatures. I think the starting time is little too early yet. I think it should be no early than 6:30. And I was ok with varsity at 7:30 and now most games starts at 7. Hope they don’t move the times up earlier than what it is now.

I just always felt that if I was a parent of a senior and I get 10 games to watch him it would suck to miss 25% of the games. It seemed particularly tough in the old Imeck. Good luck getting of work around 5, picking up your family and getting to Mooresville or LKN by kickoff.

Hate the 7:00 starts in Meck County. Always feel bad for the parents. Getting across town on a Friday afternoon is brutal. Tons of people miss the first quarter.
If I remember correctly Mecklenburg County was the very first public school County to start all games at 7pm. The reason was due to a lot of after game fighting by students and other incidents. The earlier start is suppose to be part of making it more safe.

If I remember correctly Mecklenburg County was the very first public school County to start all games at 7pm. The reason was due to a lot of after game fighting by students and other incidents. The earlier start is suppose to be part of making it more safe.
Always found that stupid. 30 minutes gonna make a difference?? Frankly have seen far worse stuff at games the past 3-4 years during the games.

Must’ve been massive studies done that said that 30-60 minute window was the only possible time that shenanigans could happen on gamedays 😂😂

Must’ve been massive studies done that said that 30-60 minute window was the only possible time that shenanigans could happen on gamedays 😂😂
I believe the first recommendation was for earlier starts but school staff, parents, and fans pushed back on those earlier recommendations.

7:00 start time sucks! This is a move by ADs to get THEM home earlier. coaches have always stayed late on Fridays. Its just what you do.

Most large schools systems don't get out of school until 4:00 or after. That extra 30min before the game is HUGE. This is in addition to parents and fans having trouble getting to game on time. They get there late and still expected to pay an ever increasing ticket price. The people making decisions are in no way affected by the problems I just mentioned. I would actually like to see an 8:00 start time.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
The first 7pm starts I remember were in Charlotte about twenty years go. Games were at 7:30 finishing well after 10 pm. There were issues at the main bus station in center city which led to meetings between CMS, CMPD, and CATS which runs public transportation.

Good news (temporary) for us later start time fans…. I’m seeing a bunch of games moved to 8pm because of the heat already. Tbh I’m firmly on the “8pm should be the normal kickoff” wagon. I can tolerate at 730. Absolutely hate 7pm.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86 and 84k
Freaking hate 7pm starts. Especially as the road team. Wasn’t a huge fan of 730… but didn’t mind it. Prefer the 8pm starts. Always felt that put the most butts in the seats.

7pm sucks as it is…. But it becomes dang near impossible for some especially in the bigger cities.
I used to love the 8 pm games. Both as a player and a fan.

Good news (temporary) for us later start time fans…. I’m seeing a bunch of games moved to 8pm because of the heat already. Tbh I’m firmly on the “8pm should be the normal kickoff” wagon. I can tolerate at 730. Absolutely hate 7pm.
Glad to see some games move to 8 due to heat. I’ve always felt like this should have been done. I’m with you about start time. I like 8 but I can handle early as 7:30.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT