ADVERTISEMENT

Is mallard creek getting beat?

By no means get your hopes up North Carolina. Byrnes is a different animal.

Wanna lol Heel? I'll put ANY team in North Carolina other than Mallard Creek prior to the game against Byrnes and finish the season unbeaten.

Is that what u said before the game?

Check that, not sure what you are trying to say there.

Byrnes scored 2 TDs in the 1st 30 seconds of the game (and 3 TDs on the 1st 3 plays from scrimmage). For Mallard Creek, RB Bowman has been out since the 1st qtr due to injury (he's also their punter). MC had two drives inside the Byrnes redzone with no points. They also had a 1 hour lightning delay.

Mallard Creek settled down after the first few minutes and played Byrnes to a draw for the rest of the half (doing it without their best player), but they dug themselves a big hole before they even had a chance to break a sweat.

Reactions: Scots9000
Both are. Mallard Creek in the top 10 and Byrnes in the top 50.

Both teams score once each in the third qtr. Byrnes up 28-14 to start of the 4th.

Byrnes runs kickoff back to MC 25 with 17 secs left. One pass to goal line and spike sets up FG from the 2 with 7 seconds left. Byrnes up 31-29.

Byrnes kickoff goes 6 yards. MC gets it down to the 13 yd line, but FG blocked with no time left on clock. Final: Byrnes 31 MC 29.

MC picked up the blocked kick and ran it into the endzone while Byrnes celebrated, but refs called it off. Byrnes announcers say that you can't forward blocked kicks in high school.

Mallard Creek had three separate drives inside the Byrnes 15 yard line with no points to show for it. You can't beat a nationally ranked team in their own house when you blow that many scoring opportunities. Both of these teams also played this game in the pouring rain, which made it pretty sloppy. Mallard Creek missed Bowman badly once he went out.

Byrnes runs kickoff back to MC 25 with 17 secs left. One pass to goal line and spike sets up FG from the 2 with 7 seconds left. Byrnes up 31-29.

Byrnes kickoff goes 6 yards. MC gets it down to the 13 yd line, but FG blocked with no time left on clock. Final: Byrnes 31 MC 29.

MC picked up the blocked kick and ran it into the endzone while Byrnes celebrated, but refs called it off. Byrnes announcers say that you can't forward blocked kicks in high school.

Did MC pick up the ball behind the line of scrimmage, or beyond it?

That's not true if the ball was behind the line of scrimmage after being blocked (you can advance it).....................

Did MC pick up the ball behind the line of scrimmage, or beyond it?
The announcers didn't say. I had a creek fan texting me updates and he said he thought it should've counted. The refs huddled for a while before waving it off.

If lands behind line of scrimmage you can advance. I could not tell where it was advanced from but refs were in a conversation trying to figure it. Craziest game I have ever seen and as you know that is saying something. None rival this.

Game was won before the kickoff.

Three offensive plays. Three bomb TDs for about 240 yards.

All high school football rules are the same in each state, governed by the National Federation of State High School Associations, except in two or three states I know Texas is one of them.

This was a not a try which only k can score. A FG is treated like a punt, it is a scrimmage kick.

They have a good enough team to win a state title but they could also lose two or three games also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT