ADVERTISEMENT

Indy/WC Beef

Mcfadden can be upset WC pulled out allegedly but lets be honest it isn’t like Indy can say “we have one of the toughest schedules in the area and we aren’t ducking anyone”. To point out the potential losses while playing a relatively weak schedule lacks awareness in my opinion.

Mcfadden can be upset WC pulled out allegedly but lets be honest it isn’t like Indy can say “we have one of the toughest schedules in the area and we aren’t ducking anyone”. To point out the potential losses while playing a relatively weak schedule lacks awareness in my opinion.
100%. That part. Not sure his self awareness button was engaged. WC beat Indy last year and also beat MC which beat Indy. So two teams in the QC beat Indy. Indy's best win was a fluke win vs. Butler in the playoffs. TBH I'd pick WC to beat Indy this year too if they played.

WC plays MC, Hough, Monroe, Chambers,. Indy would likely go 0-4 vs, them with WC schedule. Vs. Indy's Hickory Ridge, South Meck, MP, then add in EM, Rocky River, Garinger and Providence. Hell CC aint even a great win in 4A ball anymore.

Then lets talk playoffs. I'd take Dudley, Crest, WC and Hickory over most 4A teams except for Weddington, and possibly Grimsley/Butler. If was Indy would take the blessing be quiet and find a tough matchup. WC looking to lighten the schedule if that is the case makes sense. They lost a lot from 23 but still should be good. PLaying 4 top 10 4A schools and then top 5 2a school in one season is crazy to most.

Yeah saw that yesterday. Not sure what happened. WC has Coxmill now. WC/Indy is/was an all time great matchup in the QC. Mcfadden going hard. Would have been a great gate for Indy so can see the frustration. Two great teams would have been really good game.
Would have been a huge gate, but when McFadden refused to split the gate with Greiner....WC cancelled...thats the story I heard.

Would have been a huge gate, but when McFadden refused to split the gate with Greiner....WC cancelled...thats the story I heard.
If it wasn't already in the contract to split the gate, then I would 100 percent support McFadden's stance of not sharing. If they had a signed contract and West still pulled out, I would have pushed this harder with CMS; but I guess unlike the old days, contracts have little value anymore.

(However I would have assumed that CMS would have stepped in and rather seen two CMS schools go head-to-head over playing an out of county school.)

If it wasn't already in the contract to split the gate, then I would 100 percent support McFadden's stance of not sharing. If they had a signed contract and West still pulled out, I would have pushed this harder with CMS; but I guess unlike the old days, contracts have little value anymore.

(However I would have assumed that CMS would have stepped in and rather seen two CMS schools go head-to-head over playing an out of county school.)
Don't think there was a contract. Also think 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 at Indy is a bit much as first two were at Indy. A gate split or share on #4 is only reasonable when WC is likely your biggest draw besides Butler. WC/INDY is historically a BIG matchup

personally I don't think its beef I think they are friend behind the scenes I think this just a way to promote the game and build the rivalry and such but I could be wrong tho

Reactions: Middle Sound Heel
It's two sides to the story, but the main issue goes back to where both sides believe this game should have been played this season. There was an agreement, but then that agreement wasn't communicated to all parties on WC's side from what I understand. Because of that, they wanted compensation for the game to be played at Indy this year, but Indy wasn't going for that.

It goes even deeper but that's the main gist from what I understand. Everyone in Charlotte loses, especially Indy because they're stuck trying to find a game this late.

I don't think anyone went to CMS mainly because they wanted to try and work it out themselves.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
"WC plays MC, Hough, Monroe, Chambers,. Indy would likely go 0-4 vs, them with WC schedule. Vs. Indy's Hickory Ridge, South Meck, MP, then add in EM, Rocky River, Garinger and Providence. Hell CC aint even a great win in 4A ball anymore."

@bigdadd11103 - I don't think you're giving Indy enough credit here. No way Indy loses to Chambers this upcoming season. Don't think Monroe has enough numbers to win, but it's a closer game. Hough and MC are toss ups and good matchups.

Chris Hughes making a cameo....We miss the " Guru"

Independence plays in a weak conference .. no matter how much hype Indy wants to talk it is a weak conference . They needed this WC game for their strength of schedule rankings on the season- (and it was last minute). ,,, also WC and Greiner aren’t afraid of anybody but they may be looking out for themselves and don’t want the possibility of 3-5 losses . I have to favor Indy in this argument … thoughts ?

It's two sides to the story, but the main issue goes back to where both sides believe this game should have been played this season. There was an agreement, but then that agreement wasn't communicated to all parties on WC's side from what I understand. Because of that, they wanted compensation for the game to be played at Indy this year, but Indy wasn't going for that.

It goes even deeper but that's the main gist from what I understand. Everyone in Charlotte loses, especially Indy because they're stuck trying to find a game this late.

I don't think anyone went to CMS mainly because they wanted to try and work it out themselves.
So playing the game 3 years at Indy, and one at WC seems reasonable? It would seem the game should have been at WC again or WC gets part of the gate for losing a home game. JMHO. 3 of 4 at Indy with Indy getting 3 gates is a bit much.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
"WC plays MC, Hough, Monroe, Chambers,. Indy would likely go 0-4 vs, them with WC schedule. Vs. Indy's Hickory Ridge, South Meck, MP, then add in EM, Rocky River, Garinger and Providence. Hell CC aint even a great win in 4A ball anymore."

@bigdadd11103 - I don't think you're giving Indy enough credit here. No way Indy loses to Chambers this upcoming season. Don't think Monroe has enough numbers to win, but it's a closer game. Hough and MC are toss ups and good matchups.
Point is Indys sked is much weaker and Indy could lose those same 4-5 games he saying WC could lose. and fact is WC beat MC, beat Indy, and beat Monroe. Indy is a really good team but to bring up schedule and losses is crazy with the weak schedule Indy has.

Independence plays in a weak conference .. no matter how much hype Indy wants to talk it is a weak conference . They needed this WC game for their strength of schedule rankings on the season- (and it was last minute). ,,, also WC and Greiner aren’t afraid of anybody but they may be looking out for themselves and don’t want the possibility of 3-5 losses . I have to favor Indy in this argument … thoughts ?
Playing 3 of 4 at Indy and losing the gate is comical IMHO> Based on the prior games the game should be at WC or WC gets split gate. U basically pimping WC out for paydays just to play Indy.

Agree on the schedule. Any team playing Garinger, South Meck, EM, Providence, Hickory Ridge, and Rocky River shouldn't talk about anyone else's schedule.

Why isn’t Indy scheduling more difficult games? Looks like butler is the only team in Indy’s conference up to par.

I would think Indy vs Dutch Fork would have been an easy one to set up. Knotts vs McFadden would be cool to see.

Why isn’t Indy scheduling more difficult games? Looks like butler is the only team in Indy’s conference up to par.

I would think Indy vs Dutch Fork would have been an easy one to set up. Knotts vs McFadden would be cool to see.
I guess the beating they took from Mallard Creek last year had them reevaluating scheduling options lol.

CMS AD just received the NCHSAA AD of the Year. Why is the system wide AD not stepping in on this?

How did the game end up at Indy for 3 of 4 seasons? The AD's job is to take care of these items.

Looks like Coaches weren’t involved in discussions when the issue arises and This why we are where we are at so Once again ADs not communicating the agreement to their coaches and this is why there was a disagreement now with the game now.

it's almost similar to richmond/independence that was supposed to happen last year. had a contract and everything but independence backed out and that's why richmond had to play seventy first

I have to give respect to Coach Sam. He is handling this with class. This had the potential to become a back and forth on social media and he is sticking to coaching the kids! Good job coach!

Some junk talk at the 7 on 7, but some stuff after the tournament also.

I don't think it's much that can be done about it, but there's no love lost between these two schools. Can't remember the last time we had some real hate between schools in Charlotte. Rivalries yes, but this is something more.

West Charlotte and Independence was the biggest rivalry in Charlotte for a while. It was normal for students from other schools to check out this game at Memorial Stadium.

I wonder has Indy found a replacement game.

Reactions: beamer24
Some junk talk at the 7 on 7, but some stuff after the tournament also.

I don't think it's much that can be done about it, but there's no love lost between these two schools. Can't remember the last time we had some real hate between schools in Charlotte. Rivalries yes, but this is something more.
How did both teams look at the 7 v 7?

West Charlotte and Independence was the biggest rivalry in Charlotte for a while. It was normal for students from other schools to check out this game at Memorial Stadium.

I wonder has Indy found a replacement game.
Indy hasn't found an opponent yet as far as I know. They were talking to a couple of out of state teams but I don't think it has worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT