ADVERTISEMENT

Huss at Hickory

Babyhewey

Oct 7, 2016
Dont know alot about hickory other then they normally have some athletes. I know huss needs to play better then they did friday night or itll be a long night

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Dont know alot about hickory other then they normally have some athletes. I know huss needs to play better then they did friday night or itll be a long night
They pound the RB. What I like about HKY is the QB keeps his eyes down the field with traffic around him. The Huss dbs have to stick to the receivers regardless of what's going on in the backfield because he will hit the receivers when plays look broke down.

They have a lot of athletes. RB is a big back and a load to tackle. They will test the dbs early and often. When they do #2 is the most likely the one they’ll throw to. He makes a lot of contested catches or will high point the ball. #3 is the utility wideout. He get’s used in a number of way such as jet sweeps, in the back field or as the slot/outside wideout opposite of #2. The QB is a problem because he’s accurate even on the run and keeps his eyes down field at all times. They’re pretty solid against the run but their weakness imo is the secondary.

I hear Hickory is pretty good, but not sure if they've been tested by anyone on Crest, Dudley, KM, or W. Charlotte level.
From what I saw of them, compared to my local conference, they would have fought for 4th in the Big South. I think they beat Huss but a team like Ashbrook could get them because of their d-line. Definitely not anywhere near Crest or KM. Didn't get to see Dudley, so I can't compare with a team I haven't seen in person. HKY could beat a team like Robinson though. All my opinion.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
From what I saw of them, compared to my local conference, they would have fought for 4th in the Big South. I think they beat Huss but a team like Ashbrook could get them because of their d-line. Definitely not anywhere near Crest or KM. Didn't get to see Dudley, so I can't compare with a team I haven't seen in person. HKY could beat a team like Robinson though. All my opinion.
I saw Robinson play and from my perspective, they got probably the biggest offense line but don’t necessarily block the way they should against better defensive linemen. QB is solid but the wideouts are good but not great. Of course they got big D’nas in the middle of the defense but I think their secondary can be exploited. What’s your take on them? I just want to hear your perspective.

I saw Robinson play and from my perspective, they got probably the biggest offense line but don’t necessarily block the way they should against better defensive linemen. QB is solid but the wideouts are good but not great. Of course they got big D’nas in the middle of the defense but I think their secondary can be exploited. What’s your take on them? I just want to hear your perspective.
Earlier in the year when I posted about them, I said the team they played WRs were constantly behind the DBs, they just didn't have anyone that could throw the ball to them. I wasn't impressed with the run defense either. When I'm looking at run defense, I look at how much push the line gets and how the linebackers flow to the ball. Offensively, nothing past 2nd round stood out to me. They have some big kids, but big kids don’t always know how to use their size and bully smaller guys.

Since it's a HKY/huss thread I'll throw something in about them too,lol. The HKY QB has the best field vision I have seen all year. Has a very fast release also. Huss could hang for a quarter but I think HKY has to much on both sides of the ball.

Got to see some film on them today, they are athletic and well coached on offense. Defensively they dont really impress me with motion the at times look confused sometimes the roll the safeties sometimes they shift the backers. Got a lot of athletes everywhere.
Depends on which huss shows up if its the one the beat sp this could get interesting if its the team that played showed up against ashbrook and north gaston, hickory will run away with it quick

I think Hickory is a well-coached team and i do believe they are deserving of their ranking but i have saw this Huss team play som stout competition this season and truly believe this will be a great game. I pick Huss by 10

Hickory is up there with Crest. Seen both play. Hickory is one of the best teams I've seen this year. Fundamentally sound and well coached
I doubt that. Hickory’s own administration gave crest a 3 score advantage if they faced each other. But again I’ve not seen them.

They beat the brakes off of pretty much everyone including my sons team. Probably best passing JV team I've ever seen.
Yep they blew out some pretty strong jv groups. I kept hearing a couple of years ago through last year that Hickory had a lot of talent that was going to hit high school. The question everyone had then is will the high school coach be able to get them out to play. Looks like it all worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT