3. Mitchell
30. Avery

14. S. Stokes
19. Carver

11. Murphy
22. Hayesville

6. Thomas Jefferson
27. South Davidson

Wow ok so instead.of split 1A 1AA they add a Rd so first 2 rounds still watered down. State still gets part of gate but only pay for one ship game. So everyone still gets in pretty.much.

Reactions: BK13T-$
1st round definitely watered down....2nd round could have some decent games depending on where 3rd and 4th place smc ends up. They could beat some top seeds for sure.

1st round definitely watered down....2nd round could have some decent games depending on where 3rd and 4th place smc ends up. They could beat some top seeds for sure.
A couple of good 2nd round games if this were to hold up. Thomasville and North Rowan rematch, Swain and Cherokee rematch, Robbinsville and Mount Airy, Andrews and MICS, Murphy and TJ. 3rd round will really get cooking.

Mitchell I copied your template....still unsure of split conference rules....I know it's been that way for years but that doesn't meen they haven't changed it. I doubt they did change rule bc let's say Thomas Jefferson was legit....they still will never beat Shelby or burns so they could never get a 1 seed.

Will definitely change a lot over next few weeks with robbinsville and swain still having 3 games to play. I still think cherokee has best shot to win smc with hayesville and swain left on their schedule. Playing swain after swain plays murphy and robbinsville like 4 days apart while cherokee plays hayesville and waiting to play swain. Granted someone still needs to beat murphy to help out cherokee but I think swain and/or Andrews could beat them. If cherokee did win smc I don't know how high their rpi could climb. Smc is still wide open though lots of scenarios for any of top 4 smc teams to win it.

RIP Highland Tech.

East Wilkes/Elkin rematch would be quite fun. So would South Stokes and Carver that one would be a barnburner.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Still a lot of moving to do with the SMC teams.

Swain controls their own destiny but has a brutal 3 game stretch. Win out and they deserve a high seed in the playoffs. At least a 4 and they might jump to 3.

Cherokee is seating in a good spot waiting on the Swain game. Their QB may be the best player in the conference.

Andrews has Robbinsville and Murphy. Solid season so far. I don’t think they get the win over Robbinsville Friday with the game at the Big Oaks. The cherry no doubt would be a big win over Murphy at home last game of the season. Win this and maybe a couple playoff games setting up what could be their best season ever next year.

Robbinsville does have 3 games left and can make some big jumps in RPI with all wins. This is a really dangerous team when they are 100 percent healthy and focused. If I were a high seed this would not be a desirable matchup. The team that killed Asheville is the best SMC has to offer this year but that team doesn’t show up every Friday.

Murphy has 2 tuff road games to close out the season. How will they respond after the loss to Robbinsville? They will score easily on both Swain and Andrews but can they stop the run. I am sure Murphy fans have been somewhat disappointed this season but with all the coaching changes there was going to be hiccups. Having a spring season and short turnaround didn’t help any.

Hayesville – Still building

I expect all 5 SMC teams to win their opening playoff game if no significant injuries these last 2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT