ADVERTISEMENT

Hough vs Byrnes 8/19

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Big showdown that will be played on Saturday at 7 pm. One of the interesting matchups I will keep an eye on. Its N.C. team vs S.C. team. Any thoughts with this game

Big showdown that will be played on Saturday at 7 pm. One of the interesting matchups I will keep an eye on. Its N.C. team vs S.C. team. Any thoughts with this game
I know kids from both teams so I’m excited about this match up. This is a game I will be attending but it’s hard to pick a winner. I think it will be a defensive game though that’s going to come down to coaching and early season mistakes.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Both teams, on film, look very good and athletic. The last time these teams played I believe Byrnes ran away with it. I look for Hough to come out swinging for revenge. Both teams will be hyped, but in the end I believe Byrnes has the mental fortitude to pull this one out. I, however, would not be surprised if Byrnes took one on the chin in this early season matchup.

Good luck to both teams. I believe game will be within 10 points either way.

Hough plays Dutch Fork as well, so they have to beat at least one of the South Carolina powers. Byrnes might be their best chance.
Hough gets one of the "Big Cajónes" awards for scheduling games that really don't matter, they could very easily lose, but will tell them a lot about their team in their quest for a state championship. No cupcakes where the 2s, 3s and 4s run up the score. Not a big fan but give them absolute credit for putting it out there.

Why play this game on a Saturday? It seems like it would have had a better attendance and atmosphere than today.. I may be wrong but it look pretty empty

After this game, thoughts on Hough season. Have they drop off, or maybe Byrnes is improved much from last year. Or hard to say at this point

After this game, thoughts on Hough season. Have they drop off, or maybe Byrnes is improved much from last year. Or hard to say at this point
I don’t think they dropped off. I think people are just overreacting and some just don’t like them. Two plays opened the game up and made the score look worse than it actually was. Hough’s defense will keep them in any game against anyone including Grimsley. Byrnes is also legit!

Last edited:
Said it over the summer that he doesnt come to Hough with the intention to sit. Jenkins had a good pulse on Hough football. Think he will.be missed early on.
I haven’t had the opportunity to see the 9th grader play. Is he a better option, or is it based off of his potential. Often kids never reach the potential. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Hough looks like they have talent but not 1-2 difference makers that jump out like in previous years. OL is big but struggle to pass block which they can work on but a concern. QB looks at the rush very quickly but he was under pressure. Byrnes was about the same….QB play on both sides was surprisingly average at best. First game have a lot of mistakes with 2nd game having the most improvement….by the third game you are what you are unless major position and scheme changes are made. Hough QB controversy ?????

Guys, let's slow down on the Royal kid. He's the real deal but Byrnes is a hell of a team. Throwing him in the fire as a freshman in the toughest conference in the state isn't something you do unless there's an injury or he's absolutely dominant starting out on JV.

Hough looks like they have talent but not 1-2 difference makers that jump out like in previous years. OL is big but struggle to pass block which they can work on but a concern. QB looks at the rush very quickly but he was under pressure. Byrnes was about the same….QB play on both sides was surprisingly average at best. First game have a lot of mistakes with 2nd game having the most improvement….by the third game you are what you are unless major position and scheme changes are made. Hough QB controversy ?????
OL is big? Did I see the same thing? I thought that was one of their smaller OL’s when we saw them…

Guys, let's slow down on the Royal kid. He's the real deal but Byrnes is a hell of a team. Throwing him in the fire as a freshman in the toughest conference in the state isn't something you do unless there's an injury or he's absolutely dominant starting out on JV.
Byrnes is not that good. Haven't been really good or state championship caliber in years. Last year lost 4 games, year before lost 6 games, and year before was a losing team. These aint the Byrnes Rebels teams of the past.

Hough is not as good as years past. The CMS transfer pipeline has slowed them some, and they lost a long time coach. Coach Baker is in his 4th year as a HC in a high pressure job. For all of the big time games Hough losses, its a ton a pressure to maintain that level of consistency. Hough will beat MP, and will get crushed by Dutch Fork. Then yall go realize the Hough boat is sinking. This is a bad loss for Hough.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Byrnes is not that good. Haven't been really good or state championship caliber in years. Last year lost 4 games, year before lost 6 games, and year before was a losing team. These aint the Byrnes Rebels teams of the past.

Hough is not as good as years past. The CMS transfer pipeline has slowed them some, and they lost a long time coach. Coach Baker is in his 4th year as a HC in a high pressure job. For all of the big time games Hough losses, its a ton a pressure to maintain that level of consistency. Hough will beat MP, and will get crushed by Dutch Fork. Then yall go realize the Hough boat is sinking. This is a bad loss for Hough.
It's the part that always makes me laugh with Hough guys. When they lose its always " they are very good". Well, yes there good but your the team with the 15-20 D1 kids with the great coaching staff......When ya going to actually win some of these games??? Dutch Fork, Byrnes, Grimsley?? Don't you need to win a game??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT