ADVERTISEMENT

Honda State Top 25 Ratings 11/2/16

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Butler takes over the top spot this week, after Dudley's loss to Page. Dudley takes over the #2 spot. Last week's position is in parenthesis.

1. Butler (9-1) 21.21 (2)
  2. Dudley (9-1) 20.97 (1)
  3. Mallard Creek (7-2) (19.86) (4)
  4. Vance (9-1) 19.66 (3)
  5. Page (9-1) 19.15 (8)
  6. Scotland (10-0) 19.08 (N/C)
  7. East Forsyth (9-1) 18.59 (5)
  8. Davie (9-1) 18.53 (10)
  9. Charlotte Catholic 18.21 (N/C)
  10. Middle Creek (10-0) 18.18 (7)
  11. Wake Forest (10-0) 16.50 (N/C)
  12. Cape Fear (9-0) 15.88 (N/C)
  13. Garner (9-1) 15.53 (17)
  14. Richmond (7-2) 14.96 (16)
  15. Lake Norman (10-0) 13.49 (20)
  16. Mount Tabor (8-3) 13.45 (14)
  17. Hough (7-3) 13.27 (13)
  18. West Forsyth (8-2) 13.22 (19)
  19. Myers Park (9-1) 13.20 (21)
  20. Pinecrest (8-2) 12.68 (15)
  21. West Mecklenburg (8-2) 11.75 (23)
  22. West Johnston (8-1) 11.58 (18)
  23. North Davidson (7-3) 11.40 (24)
  24. A.L. Brown (7-3) 10.99 (22)
  25. Seventy-First (7-2) 10.79 (N/R)

1. Butler (9-1) Lost to #3 MC
  2. Dudley (9-1) Lost to #5 Page
  3. Mallard Creek (7-2) Lost to #4 Vance
  4. Vance (9-1) Lost to # 24 AL Brown
  5. Page (9-1) Lost to # 8 DC
  6. Scotland (10-0) Lost to no one
  7. East Forsyth (9-1) Lost to #5 Page
  8. Davie (9-1) Lost to # 2 Dudley
Interesting, I don't recall this many match ups of to 10 teams in a long time.

Looking at this and not talking Scotland. Page looks to have a good claim
for that top spot.

Last edited:
I agree scotswin. The ADM' s will be critical for Scotland going east.

North, South, East, West, Russian, China, Germany, Australia, or Iran it doesn't matter. If you win a state championship you have to beat the best.

Go Scots you are my buddy, yet, consider a team that has to beat four of the 6 best teams in the
State to get to the Championship game meets a team equally challenging team that has not been beaten to death by 4 such challenging physical teams tips the scales a little I believe?

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I understand what are saying. However in 2011 Scotland was the best team in the state and we had to hear how Page would have beaten us by 21 points. Even with Sommers they wouldn't have scored 21. Leave no doubt!

North, South, East, West, Russian, China, Germany, Australia, or Iran it doesn't matter. If you win a state championship you have to beat the best.
I have to respectfully disagree. You do have to beat the teams in front of you but it does make a difference who those teams are. First round games and maybe even second round games may be about the same but then there is a huge diff. In the west SC would prob play CC(Ranked 4 in the state) if they were in the east they would prob play NH(41) or CG(28). Forth round in the west would be Vance(3)or Dudley(6), in the east it would be Hillside(22), WJ(14) or Rose(48). In the east SC can prob rest more players thru out the playoffs and win even if they don't have their A game. In the West, it will be a grind every game and the Scotts could very well play their best and still get beat.

I understand what are saying. However in 2011 Scotland was the best team in the state and we had to hear how Page would have beaten us by 21 points. Even with Sommers they wouldn't have scored 21. Leave no doubt!
Page would have dogged Scotland County worse than the ass draggin' Dudley administered.

Last edited:
SC has played Indy and Glenn. Looks like they are trying to venture West for some non conf games.

" Trying to " doesn't hold much water. How about homing pigeons, Western Union, delivery goats, or perhaps a string and two Luck's Beans cans to accommodate communication devices.

I'm 1000% positive that Bailey has publicly stated that he would pay anyone anywhere next year. Why is he still looking? It real easy to get on an Internet message board and talk about schedules but when you are a head football coach it isn't quite that easy.

I respectfully agree with portcity here, pretty obvious east is a
less difficult route, it aint 2011 or 2014.

So what if its a easier route. You get to the title game your gonna have to beat someone. If your a power program you could care less about getting to the 4th rd. Ring or nothing

So what if its a easier route. You get to the title game your gonna have to beat someone. If your a power program you could care less about getting to the 4th rd. Ring or nothing
I agree B&G, if you want to be "TOP DOG" you shouldn't care who you play. "It's Ring or Bust"

It's one thing to brag about playing the best, but the best 6 teams or so are all in the West . It doesn't
matter if we are talking about Dudley or CC, all these teams have to face the fact of the physical attrition
on there team that such a guantlet of teams will inflict, it will be a deciding factor in who wins the west and
how they play in the State Championship game.

Agree with most of this list. Believe that Glenn should find their way on the top 25 board with a win this week. My top 5 would go Page, Butler, MC, Scotland, East Forsyth.

I am not saying its a better route for quality football. No one asks a championship team who all they played. If its about winning it all than they coming out of the east would give you a better chance. SC could go east and play B or C football and still win the east and then play its best game of the year in the finals and win it all. The tougher the road the more the injures and more wear and tear. I am looking at it from a percentage stand point. As a fan I would rather see a run thru the West.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT