ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
Portcity_FB,
Whats going on with Hoggard?
That is the very first time that I can remember even coming close to beating Hoggard. I was not there but was told that we(Purnell Swett) had a chance to score for the win but was intercepted. I was also told we (Purnell Swett) beat ourselves up with penalties.

Has Hoggard lost a couple key players or did my Purnell Swett play that great against a great known program?

I was proud of my Purnell Swett

Final 15-10 Hoggard

PS played very hard and they have great looking kids. I would say if you looked at player for player on the field last night you would think PS would win. They had good size and much more athletic than Hoggard. Hoggard was looking to rebuild this season and now injuries have really hurt them. They have lost their all conf HB for the season, their 2nd HB has been out for two game, they lost their starting safety for the season, they lost all conf LB for 6-8 weeks, their best WR was out last night. On a thin team this becomes a big issue. Hoggard made some mistakes that hurt themselves last night. Two bad snaps lost 30 yards and killed two drives that were into PS terr and close to FG range. PS had 9 yards rushing and 175 passing(68 on one busted coverage play). Hoggard ran for close to 300 yards rushing minus the 2 bad snaps. The passing game was a big disappointment. I do not think penalties hurt PS any more than they did Hoggard. PS scored on a busted coverage pass and a FG off of a good KO return. Other than that PS did not do much. I would think they felt fortunate to have a chance to win.
Good luck to PS the rest of the way.

Reactions: S2V2
PS played very hard and they have great looking kids. I would say if you looked at player for player on the field last night you would think PS would win. They had good size and much more athletic than Hoggard. Hoggard was looking to rebuild this season and now injuries have really hurt them. They have lost their all conf HB for the season, their 2nd HB has been out for two game, they lost their starting safety for the season, they lost all conf LB for 6-8 weeks, their best WR was out last night. On a thin team this becomes a big issue. Hoggard made some mistakes that hurt themselves last night. Two bad snaps lost 30 yards and killed two drives that were into PS terr and close to FG range. PS had 9 yards rushing and 175 passing(68 on one busted coverage play). Hoggard ran for close to 300 yards rushing minus the 2 bad snaps. The passing game was a big disappointment. I do not think penalties hurt PS any more than they did Hoggard. PS scored on a busted coverage pass and a FG off of a good KO return. Other than that PS did not do much. I would think they felt fortunate to have a chance to win.
Heck, I feel fortunate on how they played. Sorry to hear about Hoggard. Injuries will destroy a season. We do have great kids that hustle and sooner or later the situation will flip. I am waiting for a 2007 season to kick in and stay that way.

How did the busted play turn out?

Heck, I feel fortunate on how they played. Sorry to hear about Hoggard. Injuries will destroy a season. We do have great kids that hustle and sooner or later the situation will flip. I am waiting for a 2007 season to kick in and stay that way.

How did the busted play turn out?
PS scored their TD on that play. 68 yard TD pass. He was so open he could have thrown it left handed.

with all the injuries do you think they will win the conference? or is someone else primed to win it?

with all the injuries do you think they will win the conference? or is someone else primed to win it?
Good question. NH has had a weak scd until Britt and they lost. WB has a very good defense but nothing special on offense. Hoggard plays @ WB in 3 weeks. Hoggard should have their HB and WR back by then. Manning at Lb may be back by NH. I think it comes down to Hoggard-NH. Each team has 6 weeks to get better.

did they change that 3a/4a rule about getting a 1 seed
if youre a 4a team and a 3a team wins conference and
youre the best 4a team
i believe the rule is something like finish in top 3 and be at
least 500. ??????????and u can still get a 1

Good question. NH has had a weak scd until Britt and they lost. WB has a very good defense but nothing special on offense. Hoggard plays @ WB in 3 weeks. Hoggard should have their HB and WR back by then. Manning at Lb may be back by NH. I think it comes down to Hoggard-NH. Each team has 6 weeks to get better.
Hoggard seems to always get it together by the time they play New Hanover and be a tough out in the Play-Offs.

did they change that 3a/4a rule about getting a 1 seed
if youre a 4a team and a 3a team wins conference and
youre the best 4a team
i believe the rule is something like finish in top 3 and be at
least 500. ??????????and u can still get a 1
I’m not sure. I hate the split conference, it’s not fair for the bigger schools or the smaller schools. Just venting a little.

New Hanover has some impressive RBs. 10 is ridiculously fast and agile for his size. If they pound the ground I think NH pulls it out this year but it in a close game. My issue is do I travel home for Sots vs Richmond or stay here for Hoggard vs NH hmmmm

New Hanover has some impressive RBs. 10 is ridiculously fast and agile for his size. If they pound the ground I think NH pulls it out this year but it in a close game. My issue is do I travel home for Sots vs Richmond or stay here for Hoggard vs NH hmmmm
NH does have some impressive RBs, so does SC. We held them in check for 3 quarters. Get healthy and play clean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT