ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard @ Scotland

Bailey puts wall in at qb while inside hoggard 5. Wildcat for no gain, slant incomplete, missed fg. Have no clue what we are doing.

Im not going to say anything other than we need to figure what type of team we are going to be offensively. This flip flopping and wildcat. Its just too much. Hoggard is well coached and tough. I believe they were sandbagging against new bern. They are just as good as they have always been. Missing the leadership and downfield threat. Their defense is solid especially front 7.

Im not going to say anything other than we need to figure what type of team we are going to be offensively. This flip flopping and wildcat. Its just too much. Hoggard is well coached and tough. I believe they were sandbagging against new bern. They are just as good as they have always been. Missing the leadership and downfield threat. Their defense is solid especially front 7.

Not sure if they were sandbagging as we're leading Havelock 12-7 late in the 3Q. They were good during the scrimmage, nothing has changed to me.

Bailey had all summer to figure it out. What's he been doing?

Congrats to SC. They deserved the win. They forced most of the Vikings turnovers and cashed in. The speed on defense was just too much. Hoggard seemed to finally start to figure it out in the 4th but it was too late. I figured our front 7 could play with them and they did. The turnovers killed the defense and left them on the field too long. They were gased by the 4th quarter. SC has plenty of playmakers but their O line is not comparable to 2017. Both teams will improve. Hoggard has to take care of the ball. Hoggard played hard till the end. They were playing without their starting RB(ACL), safety (ACL), LB (best def player got hurt on the 5th play), TE (Knee).
I thought the running QB looked good. He will get better. Nice to have two guys that can play. I don’t think it bothered their rhythm at all. If you give both those kids reps and experience and one gets hurt there’s no drop off.
Good luck to the Scots the rest of the way. Where was all the people? Light crowd tonight.

Congrats to SC. They deserved the win. They forced most of the Vikings turnovers and cashed in. The speed on defense was just too much. Hoggard seemed to finally start to figure it out in the 4th but it was too late. I figured our front 7 could play with them and they did. The turnovers killed the defense and left them on the field too long. They were gased by the 4th quarter. SC has plenty of playmakers but their O line is not comparable to 2017. Both teams will improve. Hoggard has to take care of the ball. Hoggard played hard till the end. They were playing without their starting RB(ACL), safety (ACL), LB (best def player got hurt on the 5th play), TE (Knee).
I thought the running QB looked good. He will get better. Nice to have two guys that can play. I don’t think it bothered their rhythm at all. If you give both those kids reps and experience and one gets hurt there’s no drop off.
Good luck to the Scots the rest of the way. Where was all the people? Light crowd tonight.
I think you are spot on. I thought if hoggard played clean sc wins by 14 to 17. The difference to me is our team speed on defense is exceptional upfront. #5 and #9 from hoggard are really good. No this line is not even close to 2017. One of the best hs lines you will ever see in nc. All of them were big and could move. This group can get better and will. This defense though is much better. We won't be giving up 40 points for sure. Regarding the turnovers we forced most of those the hits on the qb and the kickoff were all tko shots. I believe if you all go small we will meet again. You are a fair minded guy. Love how hard hoggard plays.

Hoggard will not go small unless some things are changed. We are typically right on the cut line but the county has put one of the early college high schools with our numbers and allow those students to play sports at Hoggard, which none will. That adds 250 kids which takes us to 2100-2200, well into 4AA numbers.

Some of you guys, no credit at all! SC played hard and Hoggard played hard. Hoggard got some calls and SC got some calls. Funny how some of you guys only remember the ones that serve your purpose. The PI call in the end zone could have been and Off PI just as easy. The big lineman was holding all night because the speed was just too much for him. He got called maybe 3-4 times. The RB was moving before the snap the whole game and never got called.
Calls go both ways and you just look like a homer when you cant give credit where credit is do. Sometimes other teams are good, sometimes other players make plays. There is football outside of SC.

If you revisit my post, what I said was there were a few questionable calls. Didn't say on which team because I knew it went both ways. R-E-L-A-X! Would you at least agree that the ONE call that I specifically pointed out was bad? I also never said that it was the cause of the outcome of the game. I think I said something to the tune of if the Scots don't turn it over, they win comfortably. I have a kid playing for Hoggard and found myself rooting for both teams at times. So yeah I know that there's football outside of SC lol.

A few questionable calls there but that one was pretty bad. Funny thing was the ref near the end zone also called the play an incomplete pass (even after it was caught and the Scots receiver drug 2 guys into the end zone) and had to be corrected lol. Then BOOM a flag for jumping up and down to celebrate. Oh well...on to tonight. If the Scots don't turn it over they win comfortably
Maybe I misunderstood you. However there is no credit to Vikes in your comments. I am not standing up for me but for the kids. It’s just wrong to try and take away things they’ve earned. Saying if they don’t turn it over is like saying if Hoggard varsity doesn’t turn it over. Teams don’t usually just drop the ball for no reason. Usually there is pressure being applied and good coverage or guys making plays.
Maybe you aren’t using it as a crutch but many do. They use turnovers like it doesn’t matter. Like it’s a mulligan. Good teams don’t turn it over. Good teams cause turnover. It’s part of the game. Saying SC wins if they don’t turn it over is like saying, “we would have won if we would have blocked” “We would have won if we would have thrown the ball better”.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Let’s remember Scotland varsity started 4 10th graders on Friday night. Heck, the first half touch down Friday was set up by a 10th grader sack and another 10th grader scouting and scoring negated by a block in the back. The JV game result is really inconsequential. It was a good game for all the young guys to get reps on both sides. If it was only about W and L’s the game would be played different by all. JV success, or lack there of, often doesn’t translate.

Why don't u ask him or tell him since you know more about football than anyone
I didn't say I knew more. He probably forgot more about football than I know. But all off season and summer. Two games in the season and fans are asking who are we? Who is the QB?

Let’s remember Scotland varsity started 4 10th graders on Friday night. Heck, the first half touch down Friday was set up by a 10th grader sack and another 10th grader scouting and scoring negated by a block in the back. The JV game result is really inconsequential. It was a good game for all the young guys to get reps on both sides. If it was only about W and L’s the game would be played different by all. JV success, or lack there of, often doesn’t translate.
Hoggard has 9 soph on varsity. Again, we can go back and forth, it makes not difference. Each team plays with the players they have not what they could have. Each game is decided by what transpires not what might have transpired. I thinks SC has a state championship if Zamir doesn't get hurt but he did and there is not trophy at the school.

Port you’re missing the point. The point was everyone is making too much of a JV game. If it mattered everyone would have their best players on the team. That was the point.

Maybe I misunderstood you. However there is no credit to Vikes in your comments. I am not standing up for me but for the kids. It’s just wrong to try and take away things they’ve earned. Saying if they don’t turn it over is like saying if Hoggard varsity doesn’t turn it over. Teams don’t usually just drop the ball for no reason. Usually there is pressure being applied and good coverage or guys making plays.
Maybe you aren’t using it as a crutch but many do. They use turnovers like it doesn’t matter. Like it’s a mulligan. Good teams don’t turn it over. Good teams cause turnover. It’s part of the game. Saying SC wins if they don’t turn it over is like saying, “we would have won if we would have blocked” “We would have won if we would have thrown the ball better”.

Those turnovers were UNFORCED dude. Just sloppy plays. Had nothing to do with Hoggard. You do know that happens in football sometimes right? I know the difference in stiff defense and sloppy offensive play. And I don’t need to give credit or anything else here. They did some things well. However, the outcome of the game was determined by sloppy execution from the Scots. SN:
All of my praise to the Hoggard kids was given in person. Again...relax

Port you’re missing the point. The point was everyone is making too much of a JV game. If it mattered everyone would have their best players on the team. That was the point.
I agree with you but it does matter to the point that they keep score, they keep records. On a scale of 1-10 it isn’t a 1 or it would just be a scrimmage. There is a winning culture and competing to win that all good programs teach.

Those turnovers were UNFORCED dude. Just sloppy plays. Had nothing to do with Hoggard. You do know that happens in football sometimes right? I know the difference in stiff defense and sloppy offensive play. And I don’t need to give credit or anything else here. They did some things well. However, the outcome of the game was determined by sloppy execution from the Scots. SN:
All of my praise to the Hoggard kids was given in person. Again...relax
Well at least you have their backs, in person.

Here is how crazy football is. I thought hoggard was very competitive and have us some issues much more than southeast but if you look at the stat line we barely had 300 yds versus SE and against Hoggard we had 400. Now i think its obvious the hoggard was more competitive. Football is a strange game. Numbers don't always tell the story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT