ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Academics

SPRedRaider

Aug 2, 2004
superraiders.com
I know Highland takes a beating on these boards for their attempts at fielding a football team; but wanted to give some credit to their high standards of academics.

Highland was recently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and ranked within the top 2.4% of all high schools across the nation; a list of over 18,000 schools.

In addition, North Carolina released School Report Cards for all schools in the state and Highland has the highest score; 100, of all 2714 schools in the state.

And yesterday, the U.S. Department of Education announced that Highland is 1 of 353 schools in the country to be a Blue Ribbon School; the highest recognition given to schools by the Gov't.

I thought this was worth sharing.

And I for one appreciate your sharing this information! At the end of the day, the overriding number of high school athletes DO NOT get the chance to play their sport any longer. The education that they get will, however, to a great degree will determine what they do later in life and where they go.

Almost every Friday night and Saturday afternoon during football season I say to someone that of all the students on the field, which participants will be able to do what they are doing now when they are 50, 60 or older?
The Band members.
Thanks for the post and Congratulations to Highland.

Reactions: sbbbfan
That's awesome! In the era after many schools that were shut for doing things wrong like Kestrel Heights and the like, this is a positive thing for that type of school they run. They need to be highlighted way more for it honestly.

I've always pulled for Highland. The odds are against them every year due to various reasons but they never complain, they just line up and try again the next week. I'm hoping the NCHSAA gets them out of the conference they are in and puts them somewhere where they can compete in '25. No reason why they should be playing Burns and Shelby every year. The Catawba Shores woulda fit them much better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT