ADVERTISEMENT

High schools sack football seasons over injuries

3 is not very many when you compare to our total population of young people. How many die on atv's or motorcycles? Car accidents? We should strive to make it safe and coaches need to learn and teach proper tackling techniques. We are all going to die sooner or later.

3 is not very many when you compare to our total population of young people. How many die on atv's or motorcycles? Car accidents? We should strive to make it safe and coaches need to learn and teach proper tackling techniques. We are all going to die sooner or later.

One kid is too many! I know we can't avoid all injuries but we can sure as heck prepare and try to avoid all catastrophic Head, Neck, and Spine injuries...Officials, ADs, Coaches, Players, Parents and everyone involved need to constantly focus on ways to make the game safer for our kids. I'm not one of those crazy people who's saying you take tackling and hitting out of the game.....It's just Proper tackling IMO needs to be mandatory part of every single day for everyone who's on the team from Linebackers to Kickers. Every single day there needs to be a minimum 15 minute form tackle period in practice for everyone who wears Football Pads where they just focus on the footwork, pad placement, and techniques. Every Coach involved need to go through a Heads Up tackling training every year. It's just very sad to hear that any young man lost his life playing the game that we all love so much. I couldn't imagine being the young kids Parents who lost their lives. Praying for all the kids and their families.

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT