ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten next year? Thoughts!

Been hearing division 1 kid linemen from west Caldwell transferring to hib anybody heard anything #54

Shelby a dynasty a class act program anytime you mention state championship there name will be in there an should be.

#54 started as a freshman will be a senior 6’3 270 being Look at I think from some small div 1 schools.

Last year there were rumors of 1 of West Caldwell's running backs transferring and it never happened.

Hey big dawg 33 I didn't know yall was a word. You sound like a good O country boy with a college degree like I said if we had another chance to play you're team again. I am for damn sure we would definitely win heck no I am not going to stop text I can say what I want about my football team and if you don't like it that's too or 2 f**kin bad and no you want Cy or see me I August because it's the last time your team will have have a chance with Shelby or anybody else getting stronger.And it doesn't matter how many juniors or whatever it's coming back you already know the deal you take your ass whipped like a man next season.

It would seem to me no matter how good you are, it would be hard to switch programs. With hibritens offense, seems hard to learn if you have not been part of it for three prior years. Also for the first time maybe ever, hibriten seems to be really deep at oline..

Reactions: beamer24
South Point will be back. Of course Shelby will as well but they could end up 2A instead of 2AA. I think South Point and Shelby will be motivated similarly to Alabama was last night.

Keep in mind NCHSAA won't be using maxpreps rankings next year.

I think nd also has another year in 2AA, how will they be next year?

Heard ND is losing ALOT. They have posters on here that can confirm or deny those reports.

Hopefully next year Shelby is 2a. 2AA just have tooo many good teams compared to 2a, no knock just reality. Hopefully Carver and HP Andrews can get something rolling.

I guess shelby would have had alot less competition in 2aa west this year? I know their path to the regional finals was tough. Do they play freedom again next year?

I think South Point lost a lot as well as Shelby but they both have a history of reloading so I look for both of those teams to be in the mix. Newton Conover was a young team last year so I look for them to contend this year as well.

I think I read newton lost a lot of o line and one stud of a running back. Qb is back I think and he was really good. Hope Hibriten plays them a little better next time

Any hhs posters heard of any players going to play at next level? Figured miles, charles, and noah might have a chance?

I think nd also has another year in 2AA, how will they be next year?
ND has 10 starters back on defense and 7 on offense but lose Boyce and the QB. JV team was undefeated and dominate won every game by an average of like 30 points.

That sounds like maybe north will again be good. I remember the old Perry Tuttle days at north, has been alot of great teams down there in davidson county, lexington and thomasvillle included

Just hope it is done properly if it is done at all!!!!

One of #54s parents is a teacher in the Caldwell County schools, so he can go to school and play where ever he wants. Don't seem right, but from what ive heard thats the rules.

One of #54s parents is a teacher in the Caldwell County schools, so he can go to school and play where ever he wants. Don't seem right, but from what ive heard thats the rules.

It is normal. If a parent teaches at a school their child can attend that school. If it is another district than their home district they will normally pay the cost of the pupil that the district they attend puts in the system per pupil. If the student lives across the state line I think they are required to pay the amount the state provides that system per child. Nothing unusual at all about this.

Reactions: beamer24
So if I teach at West Caldwell, but live in South Caldwell district, my kid can go out of district to Hibriten???

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Shelby lost most of it's offensive line and most of it's defensive line.Also lost all of it's wide receivers including the best wr in Shelby history,their two running backs,their kicker,some great special team players,a couple db's and lost a stud db to injury this season.With all those loses from the 2016 team the Lions were still able to beat 3 really good teams in the playoffs and have a chance to go to their 5th championship game in a row.I believe we will be better 2018.

So if I teach at West Caldwell, but live in South Caldwell district, my kid can go out of district to Hibriten???

That would be unusual. Student following teaching parent to West would be expected and allowed in probably every system.

That would be unusual. Student following teaching parent to West would be expected and allowed in probably every system.
The original answer was his parent teaches in the county so he can play anywhere... Think poster was throwing out a hypothetical question based on that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
South Point will be back. Of course Shelby will as well but they could end up 2A instead of 2AA. I think South Point and Shelby will be motivated similarly to Alabama was last night.

Keep in mind NCHSAA won't be using maxpreps rankings next year.
Like all teams you will be only as good as the amount of talent on your team let you be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT