ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten next year? Thoughts!

I agree! Watch for #3 from j.v. team, could be next star on both sides of ball!

Simple thought- repeat or 3rd to 4th round. Never know, other teams improve and gun for ya.

Gotta replace middle linebacker, thats the key. Offense should be stronger with that passing game they established at state championship game. Oline should be big and experienced. Could be one of the fastest teams at hhs?

Pretty much losing the middle of the defense in Haney, Tassinari and Simon plus Gambill and McBryde. Kicking game will be a BIG question mark as well with Haney’s departure....

Will be favorite to win conference and make a run in playoffs depending on the draw!! Will be a different feeling being the hunted instead of the hunter!!

Reactions: beamer24
Much respect to your football team you guys play the Good state championship game and won but your football team got lucky I'll be looking for you guys next season if we played you guys again trust and believe you could have nothing for us East Duplin will be back in the state championship game next year and if we see you again I promise you the results will be different

Much respect to your football team you guys play the Good state championship game and won but your football team got lucky I'll be looking for you guys next season if we played you guys again trust and believe you could have nothing for us East Duplin will be back in the state championship game next year and if we see you again I promise you the results will be different

Oh BS! Much respect then you talk that trash? This is about the dumbest shit I've heard 362 days into this year! I dont care what kinda BS excuse you have. ED got beat!!! Suck it up buttercup! Im pretty sure HHS has a much better shot going deeper into the playoffs next season! Will be losing a few key players, but its the next man up, and there's plenty coming!

Hibriten will be in the mix again next year. Good returning players and a lot of young talent.

First of all big dawg 33bump you and your sorry ass football team you act like you been to the championship game more than one time this was your first time and now it's your last y'all threw two touchdown passes and swore up and down y'all did something YouTeam didn't do a damn thing but get lucky maybe you'll get lucky next year yeah right

First of all big dawg 33bump you and your sorry ass football team you act like you been to the championship game more than one time this was your first time and now it's your last y'all threw two touchdown passes and swore up and down y'all did something YouTeam didn't do a damn thing but get lucky maybe you'll get lucky next year yeah right
LOL

ED will not be back in the state title game next year. This year was their best shot in a while. They are losing entirely to much on both sides of the ball.

G-dog8 how do you know what we have coming next season we have a couple of transfers coming from different schools that will be a help to our football team immediately I know for sure we got to running backs coming from Texas that played 5A football and we got some more people coming from other high schools in our. County Plus we have 22 juniors coming back and our JV was undefeated last year so watch out

SCOREBOARD !!!! 16-14

THIS WILL BE HIBRITEN LAST TIME GOING TO A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND TRYING TO WIN ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE YOU GOT LUCKY AND WON THE FIRST ONE YOU EVER GET IN LET SEE SCHOOLS HISTORY THAT'S RIGHT I SAID FIRST EVER

Heck, neither one of y’all may return. Shelby might come back with a vengeance. They hadn’t won several for nothing. Keep in mind, super bowl teams that win it one time have been known to have not so great seasons with tons returning. Never know who is gonna show up next year. Could be a school with less talent than both ED and Hib. Just saying.

I like Hibritens odds and would be very nice to see a return but you never know.

Brooklyn Bridge are you some kid? Seems to be with all that slang grammar! You aint texting your homies. This is a 2A football forum! You can stop all your crying. Games been over for 3 weeks. ED showed up, played good, just came up short. Got beat!
Last time i checked, that state title came home to Lenoir. Call it lucky all you want. Hibriten just made the plays when it counted. ED scored on what, there 3 play with that long run, then on there last with about minute and half left. HHS D came to play and made the stops when it counted. Slapped that safety on ED and then when ED kept keying on Witherspoon, caught napping on those 2 passes. So you can take that lucky BS garbage and stick that s*** where the sun dont shine, got it?
"Bump me"
Lmao...thats just....funny!
HIBRITEN 16
ED 14

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
FIRST of all I am a grown ass man big dawg 33 just speaking the truth about that sorry state championship football game wish that came truth for your team or whatever with Shelby golden lions on the rise or anybody else this probably will be the first and last time the state title will be in Lenoir cherish your trophy it's going to be a while a long ass while I definitely know for sure if my PANTHERs played your team again we would definitely would have whipped that ass no question matter fact since the season is over and I didn't cry about a damn thing or what happened I would definitely love to see your team on my regular team schedule next season maybe EVER a scrimmage but we don't play lucky teams we play real competition like Wallace rose hil bulldogs l and Clinton dark horses every year see you when we see you.

IFS AND BUTS....MY FRIEND ALL THAT MATTERS NOW AT THIS MOMENT IS HIBRITEN BEAT EAST DUPLIN FOR THE 2AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. ITS OVER .

G-dog8 how do you know what we have coming next season we have a couple of transfers coming from different schools that will be a help to our football team immediately I know for sure we got to running backs coming from Texas that played 5A football and we got some more people coming from other high schools in our. County Plus we have 22 juniors coming back and our JV was undefeated last year so watch out

Thats the longest sentence i have ever read!! CHOPPER would be so proud

Reactions: thekidd12
FIRST of all I am a grown ass man big dawg 33 just speaking the truth about that sorry state championship football game wish that came truth for your team or whatever with Shelby golden lions on the rise or anybody else this probably will be the first and last time the state title will be in Lenoir cherish your trophy it's going to be a while a long ass while I definitely know for sure if my PANTHERs played your team again we would definitely would have whipped that ass no question matter fact since the season is over and I didn't cry about a damn thing or what happened I would definitely love to see your team on my regular team schedule next season maybe EVER a scrimmage but we don't play lucky teams we play real competition like Wallace rose hil bulldogs l and Clinton dark horses every year see you when we see you.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and shita brotha!
You can take that sob story somewhere else. You dont seem to be a too bright of an individual, so what makes you think anyone on this thread is gonna take any of your psychic projections seriously! ED got beat you, understand that? By a team with only "6" seniors! Thats right....6! Got like 26 JRs coming back. I like our odds better that y'alls! I'm through with this crap dealing with morons like yourself. Take your L like a damn man, shut the **** up and move on!
We got our ass handed to us last year by SP! Didnt see this kinda BS from HHS posters. Game and season is over! Now go watch a bowl game or 2, or some hoops.
Cya in August!

My thoughts for 2018? Will wait until 20`8. Impossible to say this far out. I thought SP would be unbeatable this year, they had the same players they had in 16.

My thoughts for 2018? Will wait until 20`8. Impossible to say this far out. I thought SP would be unbeatable this year, they had the same players they had in 16.
That’s kinda what I’m saying. A team can bring back every single starter etc and even have good backups and still lose. Wasn’t the case for some reason during that big Independence run that.... tons of people say they recruited they recruited, some on here will stand against that and say no they didn’t they just had kids come to the school to play for that coach etc. But you gotta wonder. I don’t see Hibriten having that kinda run cause less talent to pull out of West and South if all that was the case plus talent and athletic levels rise and fall. And tell ya the truth and nobody talks bout this much and that is sometimes you can as a coach call the right play and he opposing D won’t be ready for it. Happens a lot. If 2 teams are evenly matched it’s any given Friday, any given game

two or 2

and you're punctuation is missing

Reactions: BL1 and thekidd12
two or 2

and you're punctuation is missing
Chopper Happy New Year!!!
Looks like he did include at least one period in the post you quoted. Unfortunately it is in the middle of what appears to be an actual sentence..
You're always a vigilant man but that autocorrect gets the best of everyone. :):):):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
That’s kinda what I’m saying. A team can bring back every single starter etc and even have good backups and still lose. Wasn’t the case for some reason during that big Independence run that.... tons of people say they recruited they recruited, some on here will stand against that and say no they didn’t they just had kids come to the school to play for that coach etc. But you gotta wonder. I don’t see Hibriten having that kinda run cause less talent to pull out of West and South if all that was the case plus talent and athletic levels rise and fall. And tell ya the truth and nobody talks bout this much and that is sometimes you can as a coach call the right play and he opposing D won’t be ready for it. Happens a lot. If 2 teams are evenly matched it’s any given Friday, any given game

The runs are much more attainable in the era of subdividing. Look at the regional finals each year. A lot of the same teams show up repeatedly making runs for three or four years. Some others have did it for a longer period and have won several state titles. Many will rightfully point to Shelby but lets not forget Wallace Rose Hill.

South Point lost four games in 2016 including 24-0 to Shelby. In 2015 they lost by seven to Shelby. Split with Rocky Mount in the title games those years. With a full team returning I had my doubts they would beat Shelby much less do it twice.

Indy was very strong 2001-2004. They dropped off after that and gradually things evened out. 21 of 22 starters on the first state champion in 2000 were at Indy the previous year before Knotts arrived. All but three or four starters were underclassmen. The 2001 freshman class was loaded with talent. I was very familiar with the freshman classes through 2003 and those players were mostly all from Mint Hill.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Too bad they can't schedule a regular season matchup.

If they are good enough they will play one another in the title game, subdividiving willing. Prefer to see top teams play opponents that they will most likely not be in the same sub class with. Just allows for more matchups over the season.

Reactions: Chopper747
Nice to see we got English majors on the forums lol. Slang talk and misspelled words are allowed.

It’s also nice to know the talent at Indy was at Mint Hill if you guys say so and I’ve stated this at least 3 or 4 times over the course of however many years and sometimes we repeat ourselves and that’s ok too along with the bad grammar and that is a story got passed around bout a kid got pulled for running a red light. He had a Indy student ID....South Carolina drivers license!! Ummm, now, either he moved and didn’t have his license redone OR... he was playing WAY out of district which a lot of skeptics think... OR. Someone made all that mess up.

I don’t see Watauga boys coming down to Hibriten or even super talented Wilkes boys that know they won’t get looks at their schools but I can see South and West boys be boopin over just like Hibriten and West boys that are baseball stars running to South.

I speak much different than I write which is not good.

I have read the story of the Indy player with an SC license on message boards. Have never heard any specific details. Heard stories on other players that I had known since they were in elementary school.

The only player I knew that moved to Indy from SC returned to Gaffney and was the Offensive MVP in the 4A D1 state title game. He moved to Indy district to live with his brother after his mother was murdered by her boyfriend. Left before season started and never played. Story was very well known. There may have been others.

I know of three players that played at Indy that left and ended up at SC high schools and it was an unreal impressive three. They each played from elementary through middle school for the Mint Hill Steelers.

Chopper Happy New Year!!!
Looks like he did include at least one period in the post you quoted. Unfortunately it is in the middle of what appears to be an actual sentence..
You're always a vigilant man but that autocorrect gets the best of everyone. :):):):):)

Happy New Year!

Nice to see we got English majors on the forums lol. Slang talk and misspelled words are allowed.

It’s also nice to know the talent at Indy was at Mint Hill if you guys say so and I’ve stated this at least 3 or 4 times over the course of however many years and sometimes we repeat ourselves and that’s ok too along with the bad grammar and that is a story got passed around bout a kid got pulled for running a red light. He had a Indy student ID....South Carolina drivers license!! Ummm, now, either he moved and didn’t have his license redone OR... he was playing WAY out of district which a lot of skeptics think... OR. Someone made all that mess up.

I don’t see Watauga boys coming down to Hibriten or even super talented Wilkes boys that know they won’t get looks at their schools but I can see South and West boys be boopin over just like Hibriten and West boys that are baseball stars running to South.

I spell check for kicks and entertainment purposes only.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT