9/10 @ Shelby
9/17 Vs. South Caldwell (Non-Conf)
9/24 Bye
10/1 @ Freedom *
10/8 @ Ashe Co *
10/15 Vs. Watauga *
10/22 Vs. Alexander Central *
10/29 @ South Caldwell *

lol and i thought south x2 was a maxpreps error this whole time. what’s up with that?

the new ad at hunter huss is a hibriten grad and former player (kicker) so that’s a series we’re likely to see semi-regularly

Reactions: notanyonesfan
lol and i thought south x2 was a maxpreps error this whole time. what’s up with that?

the new ad at hunter huss is a hibriten grad and former player (kicker) so that’s a series we’re likely to see semi-regularly
Both South and Hibriten were having trouble finding a 5th non conference opponent as our new conference only has 6 schools while every other conference in the area has anywhere from 7-10 teams…. Couldn’t find an opponent within reasonable distance so both decided to play twice (1 non conference and 1 conference)

Reactions: strikerHHS
Both South and Hibriten were having trouble finding a 5th non conference opponent as our new conference only has 6 schools while every other conference in the area has anywhere from 7-10 teams…. Couldn’t find an opponent within reasonable distance so both decided to play twice (1 non conference and 1 conference)

ha you know how this is going to play out, right? we both beat west, then split the two games … creating a hilarious county championship trophy debate

I wonder why Freedom and Draughn aren’t playing each other? That would’ve opened up two opportunities for us.
We had the same issue when we were in the Mountain 6. We always got enough non conference football games, but basketball, softball, & baseball was a challenge.

Reactions: strikerHHS
We had the same issue when we were in the Mountain 6. We always got enough non conference football games, but basketball, softball, & baseball was a challenge.

We should start putting out a PSA to all athletic directors/coaches every realignment cycle from now on. You find yourself in a 6 team conference on that 1st draft … immediately call chapel hill headquarters and raise hell!

3A
East Lincoln, Foard, Hickory, North Iredell, North Lincoln, St. Stephens, Statesville, West Iredell (8 Teams)

4A/3A
Ashe County, Freedom, Hibriten, Alexander Central, South Caldwell, Watauga (6 Teams)

The NCHSAA never ceases to confound me. This was so easily avoidable. Simply move Foard (a familiar partner to everyone in our conf) over to our 6. Problem Solved.

I know Hibriten voiced there concerns to both County leaders and the NCHSAA to make some changes but to no avail.
West Iredell or Fred T Foard was suggested as a 7th team for our conference but it feel on deaf ears. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Hibriten won 42-19. I figured it would be a blowout. I kept up with it online. Hibriten will have to gut out some wins in conference. Ashe is probably the only sure win left on the schedule.

Hibriten won 42-19. I figured it would be a blowout. I kept up with it online. Hibriten will have to gut out some wins in conference. Ashe is probably the only sure win left on the schedule.

we gotta take care of the rock to give ourself a chance in conf play. self inflicted wounds with all these multiple turnover games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT