ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Help with 1A Baseball Conferences

tarheelg

Sep 21, 2001
Creedmoor, NC
I see there are a couple of football only conferences in the Piedmont area, but looking ahead to baseball in the Spring of 2018, is the Central Tar Heel 1A only going to have three varsity baseball teams playing a full conference slate?? OR will baseball do like football and let these three schools play a full conference slate against the Yadkin Valley so they don't have to play in 2 or 3 Easter tournaments to get close to 22 games?

The only 3 that had varsity baseball last year were Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, River Mill...I know in the past Raleigh Charter has fielded a team but only played 3-4 games and none against other teams in their conference...it appears that Research Triangle and Woods Charter did not have varsity baseball last year, and that Kestrel Heights no longer has a high school, let alone varsity high school sports....Anybody out there know?

Also, same with the Southern Piedmont/Metrolina....I think these two leagues will stay separate for baseball as most if not all teams in both separate leagues have varsity baseball, but can anybody confirm that?

Hey, there was some information posted here but it disappeared before I could update my files; something about a "Mid-State 1A/2A" league with Chatham Central and maybe River Mill and/or Chatham Charter joining the Mid State 2A (Cummings, Carrboro, Reidsville, Graham, Bartlett Yancey, NCSSM, DSA) for baseball only (or maybe baseball and softball only), somebody who knows, please re-inform

Last edited:
Hey, there was some information posted here but it disappeared before I could update my files; something about a "Mid-State 1A/2A" league with Chatham Central and maybe River Mill and/or Chatham Charter joining the Mid State 2A (Cummings, Carrboro, Reidsville, Graham, Bartlett Yancey, NCSSM, DSA) for baseball only (or maybe baseball and softball only), somebody who knows, please re-inform

This is Correct:

1A's-Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, River Mill

2A's Cummings, Carrboro, Reidsville, Graham, Bartlett Yancey, NCSSM, & DSA

1A's will play each other twice and 2A's once.

2A's will play each other twice and 1A's once.

1A's will have 11 conference games, 2A's will have 15 conference games.

Conference tournament will be seeded based on Winning conference play winning percentage.

Hey tarheelg. Are you doing any conference/team info this yr.? I really enjoy the information you put out, especially about teams that are not near me.

Reactions: thekidd12
Hey tarheelg. Are you doing any conference/team info this yr.? I really enjoy the information you put out, especially about teams that are not near me.
He has 2A up on his website. If he doesn't I will try and post a link tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT