ADVERTISEMENT

HB91???

tyreeseram

Jul 25, 2020
A question I have that's bothering me a good bit with this new "government oversight" is....for instance....
Will this now allow the SBE and Cooper to mandate all student althetes be required to get the vaccination or else lose the ability to be invlolved in sports across the state of NC? The way i read hb91, it stated that a governing body such as the NCHSAA or whoever agrees with their law of the land, mainly the Lions share of power being given to both the SBE and Coopers office both!? I known the NCHSAA has been complete garbage in more ways than one in the past and I'm personally not a Que Tucker fan myself....will this situation be any better or even worse?? Thoughts gentlemen? Am I reading this wrong or does anyone else also smell something thats potentially a little rank here in the near future with this "government oversight"??? I posted this comment on a thread already addressing hb91 under the 1A forum as well but thought some of the 3A peeps I've enjoyed chatting with might wanna weigh in as well....Watcha think men?

• Love
Reactions: pezzy62
A question I have that's bothering me a good bit with this new "government oversight" is....for instance....
Will this now allow the SBE and Cooper to mandate all student althetes be required to get the vaccination or else lose the ability to be invlolved in sports across the state of NC? The way i read hb91, it stated that a governing body such as the NCHSAA or whoever agrees with their law of the land, mainly the Lions share of power being given to both the SBE and Coopers office both!? I known the NCHSAA has been complete garbage in more ways than one in the past and I'm personally not a Que Tucker fan myself....will this situation be any better or even worse?? Thoughts gentlemen? Am I reading this wrong or does anyone else also smell something thats potentially a little rank here in the near future with this "government oversight"??? I posted this comment on a thread already addressing hb91 under the 1A forum as well but thought some of the 3A peeps I've enjoyed chatting with might wanna weigh in as well....Watcha think men?
I think cooper and company have screwed us enough. Can’t wait for that dirtbag to be gone. If they mandate a vaccine then this was my sons last year of sports. Not shooting him up with that crap.

If there is any requirement for vaccination it will likely be a statewide vaccination and likely not limited to students playing sports. However, Pfizer is the only authorized vaccine (Moderna and J&J are EUA and cannot be mandated for use yet) which has some concerns for myocarditis and pericarditis in young males

Of course, I am old enough to remember in the 1st grade in Belmont, a vaccination line at school for students to receive the measles vaccines.

Measles are not animal based. Measles can be eradicated with vaccines but Covid 19 cannot. It will always be around. Hopefully it will weaken into a common cold over time.

Reactions: PBBear51
I think cooper and company have screwed us enough. Can’t wait for that dirtbag to be gone. If they mandate a vaccine then this was my sons last year of sports. Not shooting him up with that crap.
You shot him up with everything else they require to go to school. So what’s the problem?

Measles are not animal based. Measles can be eradicated with vaccines but Covid 19 cannot. It will always be around. Hopefully it will weaken into a common cold over time.
And also unlike measles and every other vaccine you aren’t threatened with your job/lively hood.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I don't disagree with you, especially since COVID vaccinated people have caught and spread the variant because they either don't wear masks at home with family members or were led to believe it was fine to go maskless in public because they were vaccinated. However, states do have the right to set vaccine requirements which was my point in regard to HB91.

Preach my brother!! No jab for me or my kiddos either! To say the whole thing smells fishy is an understatement!!

Reactions: BK13T-$ and 91ths
I completely agree with you my friend

If “THEY” whoever they are, could have left politics on vaccines out of the media, I don’t believe we would be having this discussion.
I’ll be willing to bet there hasn’t been a single national newscast in the last two years that hasn’t led with a COVID story. Americans don’t like being force fed!

Reactions: PBBear51
I see a 100% chance that if they do force kids to take it, regardless what mom and dad thinks, we will be attempt to protest...then if that doesn't work? Well, I'm sure my gun could use a good cleaning. This stuff is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: RealityRulz
I see a 100% chance that if they do force kids to take it, regardless what mom and dad thinks, we will be attempt to protest...then if that doesn't work? Well, I'm sure my gun could use a good cleaning. This stuff is getting ridiculous.
What you plan on doing with the gun?

The vaccines do not work and mask have never worked. When do the morons wake up? I am all for taking anything that works. None of this does. The CDC, NIH and WHO all say it is BS. But the media doesn't cover it because 61% of all media revenue is from the pharmaceutical companies. Quit watching TV and do some research. You would think it would be illegal to poison people. If you want to poison yourself, go ahead. If you think it is great for you, knock yourself out. But don't tell everyone else what to do.

Reactions: 91ths
The vaccines do not work and mask have never worked. When do the morons wake up? I am all for taking anything that works. None of this does. The CDC, NIH and WHO all say it is BS. But the media doesn't cover it because 61% of all media revenue is from the pharmaceutical companies. Quit watching TV and do some research. You would think it would be illegal to poison people. If you want to poison yourself, go ahead. If you think it is great for you, knock yourself out. But don't tell everyone else what to do.
Show us some peer reviewed research that it does not work. Preferably from the primary source.

If youre worrying about kids being required vaccines to play sports by the NCHSAA, youre worrying needlessly. Not gonna happen.

Here’s a nice article detailing the efficacy of the vaccine. A little outdated regarding new variants, but the point still stands.

The vaccine is incredibly safe, methods for the vaccine have been worked on for decades now, and you all should probably take it. I look out everyday and just see how obese and unhealthy this country is. So many people dealing with undiagnosed issues already and this is just something else that will put you under even quicker. It’s okay to admit you don’t understand the process and show skepticism based on your ignorance, but when you have hundreds of articles you can view about this virus and it’s vaccines and you still choose to not take it, you’re just an irresponsible asshole.

This is bigger than your personal feelings. This is about not putting significant strains on our economy and our hospital systems. Over 800k people in the US alone have died from Covid and Covid related issues.

Im not referring to anything related to the effectiveness of the virus blah blah blah, im just telling you that worrying about the NCHSAA mandating that athletes be vaccinated to play is alarmist thinking and isnt gonna happen.

I'm against mandates and that includes the seatbelt law. The government shouldn't be in the business of making sure you're eating right and getting enough exercise either. That being said you're a damn fool if you aren't vaccinated by now. Unless you have some kind of medical condition that prevents you from taking the shot you're just being stupid for no damn reason at all. The lack of common sense on this thread is disappointing but not a surprise. Get your head out of your ass and go get your shots, dummies.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
This is bigger than your personal feelings. This is about not putting significant strains on our economy and our hospital systems. Over 800k people in the US alone have died from Covid and Covid related issues.
You want to talk about putting a strain on the economy, how bout you tell us about shutting down everything for as long as they possibly could. Over 800k dead, how many lost jobs, how many taking Biden handouts ectHow
bout you tell us why there are over 100 container ships sitting off the west coast, because there are no workers to unload. How bout you tell us why tens of thousands of illegal aliens have walked across the southern boarder bringing with them who knows what, since January. In my opinion and that’s all it is, my opinion. Your an idiot!

Last edited:
Soooooo will the gov sign it or not? What will this mean for the ‘classifications’ as well as parochial schools (moved up)?

Soooooo will the gov sign it or not? What will this mean for the ‘classifications’ as well as parochial schools (moved up)?
My understanding is that he has already signed it. But it will take some time for all the subsequent details to be handled (memorandum of understanding with DPI, etc.). Remember what we are dealing with here -- government -- so nothing happens fast. 🐢🐢🐢

You want to talk about putting a strain on the economy, how bout you tell us about shutting down everything for as long as they possibly could. Over 800k dead, how many lost jobs, how many taking Biden handouts ectHow
bout you tell us why there are over 100 container ships sitting off the west coast, because there are no workers to unload. How bout you tell us why tens of thousands of illegal aliens have walked across the southern boarder bringing with them who knows what, since January. In my opinion and that’s all it is, my opinion. Your an idiot!
Lol, 800k don't mean shit to you? I bet you go all out for 9/11.
Lost jobs? UPS and Amazon are always hiring.
Biden handouts? Trump gave them as well.
100 containers sitting? A bigger problem that stems from logistical issues from the beginning of the pandemic.
10k illegal aliens? All business have to do is not hire them and they won't come.

I've done nothing but level up during this pandemic. Better job, more money, working from home, growing investments, more free time. But I can do that since I'm educated and skilled. So I wouldn't say your opinion of me fits at all.

EDIT: Also to comment on Biden. I don't care who's president. I thrive under whoever's in office.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SPRaiders78
9/11 is my favorite holiday. Your too much. I’m sure glad to knowing your educated. It’s just sad that you feel the need to weigh in on things that don’t concern you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT