ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Vs West Craven

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
This is probably the two best teams in 3a this year going at it this Friday

Havelock may have the defensive edge in the run game west craven with a high power offense and probably one of the best defenses they ever had this game will probably tell who wins conference champs and take number one seed in the playoffs

This game is gonna come down to who makes the plays pentalities and defense .... good luck west craven hopefully this game stays football havelock and west craven is a big riveraly it's probably bigger than new Bern and west craven ATM only because both teams have been winning the past 2-3 years havelock been getting the best of west craven past couple of years lets see how this game goes if I had to make a prediction

Of course Ima pick my home team but it could really go either way Ima say

Havelock 28 west craven 27

No lie west craven is a scary team lol but even this game doesn't decide anything because I'm sure havelock and west craven will play again in the playoffs tbh these are the two best teams to me Jacksonville is only a hair behind tho but I think havelock and west craven still are a little better

West Craven up 7-0 after a punt hits havelock player west guy picked it up ran to havelock 4 yard line 6:39 left in first quarter

Now I am listening to this game on the radio. Sounds like we got some serious home cooking going on. Sounds like they trying to make sure Havelock gets into the end zone.

Refs screw havelock over and west craven takes a 7-0 lead into half
West craven will receive the ball second half nothing havelock not use to tho refs must of went to west or new Bern if their on this site

Now I am listening to this game on the radio. Sounds like we got some serious home cooking going on. Sounds like they trying to make sure Havelock gets into the end zone.

Make sure havelock gets in the end zone they threw a td pass and got called for holding ? Lmao foh west craven got unsportsmanlike and it was still 3rd down ? Home cooking ? You're retarded

Then they late hit the qb 3 times in a row one with him being on the ground and no one ejected but let a havelock player do that they would be kicked out the game instantly

Bs calls anyway. I ain't listening online I'm here. Bs pass interfere call on us. On the td pass the flag was thrown for holding before he scrambled and threw the ball. lol

Bs calls anyway. I ain't listening online I'm here. Bs pass interfere call on us. On the td pass the flag was thrown for holding before he scrambled and threw the ball. lol

Either way how do u hit a qb on the ground get called for unsportsmanlike then it be 3 down lmao that makes no sense and yall corner backs are not turning around to play the ball they only playing the receiver it should be called every time

Either way how do u hit a qb on the ground get called for unsportsmanlike then it be 3 down lmao that makes no sense and yall corner backs are not turning around to play the ball they only playing the receiver it should be called every time
There was offsetting penalties on a couple of them. Game is over until Monday at 7.

There was offsetting penalties on a couple of them. Game is over until Monday at 7.

That wasn't a off setting pentaly dude but either way idc havelock offense needs to play better defense is doing fine only difference between the two teams right now is the special teams play

But I don't expect nothing less from west craven they always do late hits when playing havelock maybe havelock should late hit their qb 3 times in a row see if we can get away with just pentalities to

You don't know what you are talking about. Our db was in better position to catch the ball than the Ram player. Brian North ran it back on his camera and just shook his head at the bad call. Probably on tv in a minute now.

You don't know what you are talking about. Our db was in better position to catch the ball than the Ram player. Brian North ran it back on his camera and just shook his head at the bad call. Probably on tv in a minute now.

I'm not speaking bout that specific call I'm talking bout for most of the half so get off my post and go make your own y'all been commenting on my stuff all year even when it had none to do with your team make your own post

You believe that holding can't occur before a pass is thrown?

No, it sure isn't. The only automatic first downs in HS football are roughing the passer, kicker, holder or snapper.
Go back and read further up ref. Don't let the bs comment on the calls blind side you. lol He was saying they got robbed on a TD pass. I was just letting him know the flag was on the ground before the ram's qb scrambled and threw the flag. Havelock got inside the 5 yard line and there had only been a few penalties all night. Suddenly every play is a penalty. I think there was 5-6 untimed plays with no time on the clock. Beat all I ever saw. One call late hit on qb was legit. The 2 pass interference calls baffled me. Defenders looking back for ball making no contact with reciever and as the ball arrives they knock the ball away. There is some minor contact as the ball arrives but high school football does allow a defender to make a play on the ball right? I'm not one to argue a call because it is against a team I pull for. If a kid makes a bad play throw the flag step it off and play again. I just hate to see a game get taken over by the officiating crew and just before the half that seemed to happen. The holding on the TD pass was just before time expired. With the way this storm is tracking I'll miss Monday nights finish if they are able to play the 2nd half then. What are the rules on having to finish this game? It seemed to me Havelock waited for the bad weather to call the game. They had 2 -30 minutes delays in which they never asked fans to leave for safer areas. They advertised concessions on the PA system in both delays. In the 3 rd delay they asked for everyone to leave for their cars or go in the cafateria. I'm not sure how far Oriental is as the crow flies but that is where the lightning was in the first 2 delays. I have a screen shot from my phones radar app. Advertising concessions in a lightning delay is what stirred my suspicions about the whole thing.

Reactions: FBRef
Go back and read further up ref. Don't let the bs comment on the calls blind side you. lol He was saying they got robbed on a TD pass. I was just letting him know the flag was on the ground before the ram's qb scrambled and threw the flag. Havelock got inside the 5 yard line and there had only been a few penalties all night. Suddenly every play is a penalty. I think there was 5-6 untimed plays with no time on the clock. Beat all I ever saw. One call late hit on qb was legit. The 2 pass interference calls baffled me. Defenders looking back for ball making no contact with reciever and as the ball arrives they knock the ball away. There is some minor contact as the ball arrives but high school football does allow a defender to make a play on the ball right? I'm not one to argue a call because it is against a team I pull for. If a kid makes a bad play throw the flag step it off and play again. I just hate to see a game get taken over by the officiating crew and just before the half that seemed to happen. The holding on the TD pass was just before time expired. With the way this storm is tracking I'll miss Monday nights finish if they are able to play the 2nd half then. What are the rules on having to finish this game? It seemed to me Havelock waited for the bad weather to call the game. They had 2 -30 minutes delays in which they never asked fans to leave for safer areas. They advertised concessions on the PA system in both delays. In the 3 rd delay they asked for everyone to leave for their cars or go in the cafateria. I'm not sure how far Oriental is as the crow flies but that is where the lightning was in the first 2 delays. I have a screen shot from my phones radar app. Advertising concessions in a lightning delay is what stirred my suspicions about the whole thing.

Otis,
I normally don't post but feel I need to address your concerns above.
First I am not the announcer, I run the scoreboard. There were three lightening delays and for the first two the announcement was made several times that the administration recommends that all spectators return to their cars during the delays and that we would play music to let all know the game would be resuming. When hardly anyone was leaving their seats the administration made it mandatory for all spectators to leave the seats. That's when the cafeteria was opened for spectators and students who didn't have a car to go to during the lightening delays.

It is the decision of both the game officials and school administration to postpone the game.

As far as the concession announcement, our announcer took it upon himself to announce that the concession stand would be open for purchase of food while waiting out the delays. I was approached by the Principal after the game and he told me to let the announcer know this was a no no, so I willl address this with the announcer on Monday night.

As far as the penalties go, all were legit. The only one that was a close call was the pass interference and when I watch it on the Blitz the only this I could see was the defender was facing away from the ball when he made contact with the receiver, judgement call for the official.
As far as the late hits on the QB, the first was the worse because it involved the defender going into the QB head first which I believe is spearing that could have resulted in an injury. Second roughing the QB was for contact to the QB's head but that penalty was negated due to offense having a lineman downfield during the pass.

As far as 252 goes, you are arguing with someone who was not at the game, but posting from Concord as per his own posts and most likely getting his info from someone else. There are quite a few of Havelock fans that wish he would stop posting as his rudeness is a embarasment and do not reflect the true Havelock fan base.

I wish you were going to be at the game on Moday night, I would invite you to meet so we can discuss some West Craven-Havelock football some more. I have been running the clock for Havelock since 1986 and have seen some graet games between the two schools.

Thank you for letting me try and clear up some things that took place at the game, especially from the announcments.

Reactions: FBRef
It's all good Ram60. I actually talked with one of our coaches this morning and was coming here to add this info to my post and saw yours. Thanks for posting.
He said they have a device on the sidelines that warn the trainers of strikes within 10 miles. That's good to know.
We'll never agree on those pass inference calls. Lol

As for 252 I ain't arguing with him. I got a kid older than him. He never goes to games. He goes by the rams Facebook page. His comments always come from that. I've tried to be easy with him and will continue. I offered to send him updates on this game but he don't have the courage to e_mail me. I pity people that hide behind computer screens and think that is real life.

It's all good Ram60. I actually talked with one of our coaches this morning and was coming here to add this info to my post and saw yours. Thanks for posting.
He said they have a device on the sidelines that warn the trainers of strikes within 10 miles. That's good to know.
We'll never agree on those pass inference calls. Lol

As for 252 I ain't arguing with him. I got a kid older than him. He never goes to games. He goes by the rams Facebook page. His comments always come from that. I've tried to be easy with him and will continue. I offered to send him updates on this game but he don't have the courage to e_mail me. I pity people that hide behind computer screens and think that is real life.

Otis,
We had the same device up in the scorer's booth and were monitoring it also. I'm just glad we could clear up the annoncers mistake and that you realize that the school officials had nothing to do with the concession stand announcement. True Havelock fans have nothing but respect for the West Craven sports programs as most of us have seen some epic games between the two schools as well as some of the great atheletes that have come from both schools. I am sure you have seen alot of West's games and like I said I wish you could be there Monday Night, we could meet and talk about those games.
You be safe this weekend and hope you weather the storm with no damage.

Agreed ram60. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm a lineman at Tideland ems in Pamlico county but I live in Vanceboro. I played in the 76 game. 2 ot' s and lost 3-0. We had a punt return for a td called back in that game. My distrust of those penalties is deep rooted you could say. Lol You should post more often and be the voice for Havelock on here.

Thanks. It was a difficult discussion to follow, especially with all the ranting by the other party.

DPI can occur without contact if the defender's back is turned OR he raises his arms in front of the receiver before the ball arrives and of course if contact is made before the ball arrives.

Agreed ram60. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm a lineman at Tideland ems in Pamlico county but I live in Vanceboro. I played in the 76 game. 2 ot' s and lost 3-0. We had a punt return for a td called back in that game. My distrust of those penalties is deep rooted you could say. Lol You should post more often and be the voice for Havelock on here.

I started following Havelock in the mid 70's I actually played in Pennsylvania (my claim to fame was running a naked bootleg and getting laid out by Jack Ham who later played for the Steelers)
My wife is a Havelock grad (72)as well as both my children (93 and 97). My son was the kicker on the 97 team when West came in undefeated (Anthony Wright was your QB) and Havelock was 4-5. He kicked two field goals that game (47 and 49 yards) to help Havelock pull the upset. One of the classic games.

Your son played for a great man. Wilber and Clay had some great games and they were great friends away from the game. Still are. You didn't move to Havelock from Florida did You? I remember they had one kicker one time that came in from Florida. He played at the same high school with Emmit Smith.

Your son played for a great man. Wilber and Clay had some great games and they were great friends away from the game. Still are. You didn't move to Havelock from Florida did You? I remember they had one kicker one time that came in from Florida. He played at the same high school with Emmit Smith.

No the USMC brought me to Havelock in 69 and retired here in 92. I remember the kid from Florida, was a couple of years after my son graduated. Can't remember his name , will probably come to me sometime later

Reactions: Otis4411
Thanks. It was a difficult discussion to follow, especially with all the ranting by the other party.

DPI can occur without contact if the defender's back is turned OR he raises his arms in front of the receiver before the ball arrives and of course if contact is made before the ball arrives.

Thanks FBRef, you can view the play in question at www.wcti12.com, go to sports
then select The Blitz, scroll down to other stories and select The Blitz Oct 6 First segment,
play is at the 1:57 min mark. Pass to the left corner of the end zone. I also noticed that two flags were thrown for the same call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT