ADVERTISEMENT

GSO will NW Guilford finally beat Northern Guilford?

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
GSO,
I know this is early but is this the year the Vikings finally beat the Nighthawks? I've been saying this is THE YEAR for the past 7 years and every year I leave that game thinking what the hell? I will say this Mr GSO If the Vikings don't beat the Nighthawks this year with all the talent NW has and the new coaching staff at Northern I will officially say all hope is gone for this coaching staff at NW and this so called rivalry too.

NW Guilford PLEASE finally end the suffering

NW-38
Northern-14

Yeah Nwg should get it done this year and will be favored. I don't have a score though, have to see what each does on the field.

NWG has their best chance this year. Northern isn't the Northern of old, and NWG has been steadily improving since moving on from the Wing-T.

I have never seen NWG play but from what I have been told they were really almost unstoppable in the Wing t for a couple of years there. didn't they beat Richmond running wing t?

NWG has their best chance this year. Northern isn't the Northern of old, and NWG has been steadily improving since moving on from the Wing-T.
Sorry Frank but did you just start watching NW Guilford play last year? NWG was a top 10 team in the 4AA a couple times running that Wing T offense. Yes they never beat Northern but Coach Woodruff had a few teams that were very strong and ran that Wing T to perfection at times. If anything NW took a few steps back with the loss of Coach Woodruff. I will say that NW has never had this many big time D-1 players on a team since back in the Rusty LaRue days. I really feel if they beat Northern just 1 time the snowball effect will happen and they could do what Scotland has been able to do to Richmond the last several years. For awhile it seemed as if Scotland was cursed when it came to Richmond similar to the way NW has been against Northern. Once Scotland finally got over the hump they now have Richmond's number it seems.

Some stats from NWG off Maxpreps
2010- 9-4 beat Scotland in the playoffs (Conference Champs)
2011- 9-3 beat Richmond in the playoffs (Conference Champs)
2013- 12-2 beat Page and Richmond in the playoffs (Conference Champs)

Since Coach Rolfes took over
2014- 8-4 Finished 2nd in Conference (Lost 1st rd to Providence)
2015- 8-5 Finished 4th in conference (Beat Garner in the playoffs)

So how do you figure NW is improving with those stats? I just hope NW finally gets it done against Northern. I would of liked it a lot more if a win against Northern was with Roscoe as the HC

Yeah Nwg should get it done this year and will be favored. I don't have a score though, have to see what each does on the field.

Tarheel, I'm just guessing on that score. I also agree that I will have to see a couple games before making a real prediction on the score. I just hope it looks something like that. lol!!! From what I'm hearing from a NW assistant coach is that they're loaded with amazing talent all over the field. One of their WRs has 15 or more Power 5 Conference offers.

Tarheel, I'm just guessing on that score. I also agree that I will have to see a couple games before making a real prediction on the score. I just hope it looks something like that. lol!!! From what I'm hearing from a NW assistant coach is that they're loaded with amazing talent all over the field. One of their WRs has 15 or more Power 5 Conference offers.

I read that article on Turner he's getting a lot of attention. I'd probably agree with you on that score, it could be worst than that though lol. But I'm thinking Northern could be better than people think.

I have never seen NWG play but from what I have been told they were really almost unstoppable in the Wing t for a couple of years there. didn't they beat Richmond running wing t?

I wouldn't say they were almost unstoppable but they were quite formidable. They were led by a good, tough QB in Matt Pawlowski (who went on to have a nice career at Guilford College) and a speedy RB in Reid Baxter. NWG actually beat both Richmond and Scotland running Wing-T (albeit in different years).

If the Vikes can't beat Northern this year, it's just not meant to be. Can't wait to see Thomas Hennigan and Tre Turner in action.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Sorry Frank but did you just start watching NW Guilford play last year? NWG was a top 10 team in the 4AA a couple times running that Wing T offense. Yes they never beat Northern but Coach Woodruff had a few teams that were very strong and ran that Wing T to perfection at times. If anything NW took a few steps back with the loss of Coach Woodruff. I will say that NW has never had this many big time D-1 players on a team since back in the Rusty LaRue days. I really feel if they beat Northern just 1 time the snowball effect will happen and they could do what Scotland has been able to do to Richmond the last several years. For awhile it seemed as if Scotland was cursed when it came to Richmond similar to the way NW has been against Northern. Once Scotland finally got over the hump they now have Richmond's number it seems.

Some stats from NWG off Maxpreps
2010- 9-4 beat Scotland in the playoffs (Conference Champs)
2011- 9-3 beat Richmond in the playoffs (Conference Champs)
2013- 12-2 beat Page and Richmond in the playoffs (Conference Champs)

Since Coach Rolfes took over
2014- 8-4 Finished 2nd in Conference (Lost 1st rd to Providence)
2015- 8-5 Finished 4th in conference (Beat Garner in the playoffs)

So how do you figure NW is improving with those stats? I just hope NW finally gets it done against Northern. I would of liked it a lot more if a win against Northern was with Roscoe as the HC

So the transition from a Wing T to a Spread system was perfect, and they didnt improve last year from the year before in PPG?

Last year NW lost to Fuquay Varina in the playoffs and Fuquay's offense is very similar to a WIng T. Fuquay would throw it about 5 times a game max.......a very one dimensional offense.

Our society today, Mister War Head, is one of a transient nature, as people matriculate here and yon to pursue whatever genre they have decided to pursue. With the new cribs being thrown up around Stokesdale, Summerfield, and the general Piedmont Triad International Airport area, I'd say no, I don't think they will, but if they should, the margin of victory will not be twenty one points. If you think the point differential will be greater than twenty one , Sir War Head, maybe five days at Suzie and Sharon's Shock Treatment slash Salt Water Taffy Castle would be more in line for five days in October instead of the Gridiron Stadium. I hope you're well, MIster War Head.

Departing the Stokesdale trailer park this morning, Mister War Head, it suddenly occurred to me that Northwest has three times the senior participants than Northern. Sometimes this staggering statistic will factor into the outcome of the athletic event, and sometimes this numeral will not factor into the final tally.
P.S. Are you and the charming Priscilla still residing in the mobile home lodging facility in Summerfield that yours truly purchased some three or four decades ago ? When I think of her past shenanigans, I mow the front yard to cool off. A mere thought of her is enough to blow the Blood Pressure Machine slap offen the table in which the test is being administered. I hope you two are happy.
P.S.S. How is the melon farm progressing, Tater Mommy ?

Melon melon in Orange its ok fer daddy to be named Hellen. And just say 'fer glacomer' ifn ya get caught sellen. Feetbol season is here again. So who will repeat or get defeet-ed wit pain. Now the best contest is bexteen Donald and Hillmailer. One gets the Big House the other a trailer. Both may have bars in a future not far. So lets settle back ant cut on TV wit our toes. And yell like Mr Gleason ''Away we go!'

Northern Guilford new RB is Myron Frazier a 6'0 215lb transfer from Southern Durham. Kid is a really good player.

I watched Frazier a couple of days ago at the scrimmage. Man, is he quick. He's going to give defenses problems. Amazing to think that he and Jordan Brown were in the same backfield......

When Northern plays at Northwest, Mister War Head, Northwest will have already shyt slapped Smith, and will do the same to Western, while Northern will play Page ( this Friday ) the week before the Northwest game, ( next Friday ) always a bruising affair, just as the Northern and Northwest event. With all the seniors Northwest has this year, and Northern's lack of such, Northwest probably slash will be favored. But as you know, Sir, strange things occur when these two tangle. Good luck to the Vikings this year, Mister War Head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT